Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good morning everyone....have a great day!!

Tracy-have a great time...sure sounds like your planning on it :eek:

Good morning, Shrinky Dinks!!

Tracy.. have a GREAT weekend. Hope the weather holds for you. And Monday I will be getting MY second fill so we can compare notes.

Lunasa.. Hope you're feeling better today. We're all here for you!

Everyone have a great day. I have grandson Ethan for the day so I'll check in when I can.

Good Morning (shrinky dinks...LOL ... I love it!)

3rd fill is behaving well. I think she put in 0.2cc...just a smidgen. I've been on mushies since so it's a little early to tell but they do go down fine. Having good restriction again is so nice...never get hungry! My habit is to feel good restriction for about a week and then it loosens up...so we'll see. It'd be really nice if this would just hold like it is!

Lunasa - Hope you're better today. Did you call your doc?

Ya'll have a great day!!

Good Friday morning, Violets!~~

Today is my 1 month banded anniversary!

I am pleased to report that I am (back to) -30 today!

:whoo:

Now it's onward & downward!

Make it a great day, everyone!

Lunasa, you have to know that you are not alone in feeling like this. We all feel the same way. We all have our doubts on whether or not we are going to succeed at this. I've been in the dumps this past month with the scale not moving. All I can do is continue to keep having faith. Faith that since I am doing everything I should be doing to the best of my abilities that eventually the weight will come off. Keep having faith, ok? We will all be successful in our own way throughout this journey.

Michelle, Happy Band-aversary!!

Tomorrow I am going for my second fill. I'm not really looking forward to it. It hurt last time and I had a pretty good sized bruise...

Jennifer - how's the job hunt? Anything yet? What I was going to suggest to you is that you might, in the mean time, consider doing some sort of self employement. I sell Pampered Chef products on my spare time. It's not my main job but when I know I'm going to have a tight month or if I'm planning a vacation I will start planning parties. I make about $200 a party. It's not alot but it could help you out in the mean time. There is lots of at-home work you can try. Let me know if you might be interested and I can send you some information.

As everyone can see my ticker has not changed. Not for the good but also not for the bad. Hopefully my fill tomorrow is good for another few pounds in the next few weeks.

By the way, I'm still wearing the same size pants. A little looser but I still can't fit into a size 22 pant. I'm frustrated with the size of my lower stomach. It's not shrinking. Send some shrinky dink vives towards my lower stomach Judy... :eek:

Back to work. My boss is on vacation and he has left a ton of projects for us. Have a great rest of your day!

Haydee...

I'll be sending you shrinky dink flat belly vibes as soon as I'm done with them. Sorry, but it could be a longgggggggg wait! Since I know I can't afford any plastic surgery, right now my best bet is duct tape on my boobs and my belly.

Haydee - Don't panic about the fill just yet. I've had 3 and they've all been very different on the pain scale. The first one was a 4, the second one was about a 6 and the 3rd one was like a 1!! I'm sure they could numb you if you wanted.

Glad to see you posting!! Seems like we're all in scale limbo right now! The good news is that we're not gaining! The other good news is that many of us are in the same boat so it must just be another 'phase'! Which means that all of those that went before us also went thru this phase and they're big losers a year into it! We'll be fine. Just keep on keepin' on!

Too funny Judy... I'm sure a year from now alot of us are going to be on the "duct tape method" of lower body and boob lifts!

Terri, I'm just a big baby when it comes to needles. My doc does numb the site but I still cry when it's getting done. Seriously, I'm 30 years old and if I have to get a shot my mom has to come with me. I'm such a wimp!

Hi Girls...Thank you again for the uplift!!

I called the clinic and have scheduled a fill for Sat 7th July...

I also found a thread here for VG band's, which is what I'm almost sure I have..I have to check when I get home..

The VG band has a max capacity of 10cc (mls)

Apparantely I have 5cc in right now and was shocked at that..

I said to her " does that mean something's wrong?" coz it sounded like a big fill

Apparently this band is the bigger one and having a lower BMI means fills are hard to get right or something like that.

Anyway, I found some great info on the VG thread and some of the posts I might as well have written myself, which was a relief. I could see my case is being echoed throughout the VG bandsters...

Why oh why I was convinced the first fill would be the one I dunno!!!

I feel drained after the last few weeks of worrying about that and feeling like I myself had failed without even contemplating that I have to reach desired restriction..I thought I'd be a one fill job!!

So I'm booked for another in a week's time..That's Laura's wedding day I believe? I remember because it's also my FIL's 50th birthday..

I feel there's no need for the panic now..I HOPE next fill does me justice (remembering I have to fly to the clinic!!) I THINK I'll be getting another 2.5mls (cc) I think that's what she said and she reckons it would make a bigger difference..

I never realised I had the bigger band or so much In it already... I delibrately didn't ask because I wanted to see if I felt real restriction without knowing how many cc's I have and it and by not being swayed psychologically if I thought It wasn't aggressive enough or if I started comparing to others fill amounts and subsequent results...

Thanks for caring girls...I have had a rough time..I prob would not have thought I deserved another or to book another fill only for you all..xx:ranger::ranger:

AND P.S...

As some of you stated..there is no need to feel upset or ashamed about stalling or struggling..and thank you..I have been telling myself that since my "episode" because I was very upset and ashamed over it!!

Like some others of you are facing..It's hard when others know what you've done and you're not the incredible shrinking woman..it is pressure,

it's like you feel embarrassed that you've not started to become barbie yet...more like Shamu still...but hey...next year, barbie might be more fitting!!

Fingers crossed on that Lunasa :mad:

Stupid me, found the scale while unpacking last night. 301.5lb. DAMN IT ALL TO HELL! I threw it in the trashcan. Yup, that's it. I'm tired of checking the scale and throwing a tantrum.

Get my next fill Monday.. come on number 2! I am the same way, I thought the 1st fill would be 'it'.. I have the smaller band, and doctor said he thinks I will have good restriction before even 1 fill.. since I didn't, I thought.. 1 fill will be perfect.. WRONG!

So, 2nd hopefully helps.. if not, 3rd! or 4th! I am going to get this sucker filled to the max if that's what it takes!

We went to TGIF's for lunch today. It's right across the street from work. There was a shooting there a couple months ago, 2 people died. It was a dispute about a girlfriend cheating or something, but they ended up shooting 2 waiters, and 2 random people at the tables.. and like I said, killed 2.. I had commented how it didn't really hurt business.. they re-opened a week later, and that place is always packed when we go.

So anyway, we go for lunch, it's NOISY and sooo packed.. I was getting a headache. And someone dropped their chair.. I guess the chairs are heavy and with the floors being wood, it was just a loud POW! No bouncing, or echoing,etc.. and the ENTIRE place was dead silent. You could have heard a fly on the other side of the room.

I thought.. if people think this is another gun shot, why aren't they diving under the table? I mean, I didn't. I thought something was dropped till everyone went dead quiet, then I was like uhoh what??!

Anyway..

Next week I only work on Tuesday. Monday is day off to go get Fill 3 hours away, Wednesday holiday, and Thursday I am OFF TO VEGAS!!!

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait.

Also meant to mention but got side tracked by the excitement LOL.

My fills don't hurt that bad. He doesn't do numbing stuff-but will if I want him to. I wanted to do it without numbing, I've heard people say the numbing is the 'worst part'.. so..

When he jabbed the needle in, I was fine, then when he was 'scraping' on the port I guess.. it was an incredibly odd sensation but did not hurt.. then he had to jab the needle 'quickly' 2 more times re-positioning.. by the 3rd one, I gasped a little bit, it was a lot of pressure, but it was not like an 'ow!'. Plus he was having me 'suck in' my gut and clench my muscles with feet in the air. Whew.

5 minutes after, I was sore for the rest of the day, like someone punched me.

Not a big deal though, I don't dread going to get fills.

It really amazes me the difference that restriction makes on people...I have .9 and I can not even imagine wanting more in there. Then I read that others have 2.5 and up and I am thinking OMG how can they even swallow Water? I guess everyone must be different. It is still my TOM but last month it wasn't this bad....anywhoooo

I am going to get ready for the Astros game...we have tickets for tonight and were hoping that Biggio would hit 3,000 while we were there, but, he did it last night instead. Bummer, but we are going to the game anyway. They are always fun. Especially now that my hips aren't crammed into the chair and I can fit comfortably like a "normal person". That is my best NSV!!! I used to be in such pain from those chairs before and now my hips do not even touch the sides :mad:

Everyone have a great night!

Hi Violets~

Well, I am in La Verne for a week of school. My friend is trying to finish a 25 page paper (I think she is on page 14) and I am waiting for her so we can go to the free happy hour! I think she is not gonna make it, but she is insisting. I was playing w/ my cell and took these pics of me. Thought I'd post em, just for giggles. Have a great weekend, I will be popping in and out in between assignments!

xoxo

me.bmp

me again.bmp