Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good Sunday Morning, Violets!~~

Judy -- Great job on the -44! What an inspiration!

Lunasa -- I'd say psychiatrist... go for the big guns & get it done! Why dilly-dally??

Kat -- So glad to read that the weekend went well... how loved your parents must feel & how wonderful to have these memories! :D

Everyone -- you all sound pretty good... new clothes, exercising, fills... just keep plugging along!

I'm leaving at "dark o'thirty" (meaning really, really early) tomorrow morning w/ds to surprise dd @ the beach w/my mom & sis! We'll come home Tues night (so 2 days/1 nite there)... I just need a beach "fix" to tide me over 'til we go in August...

I bought a new swim suit (!) from Land's End catalog... it's 2 sizes smaller than the one I've been wearing for 2-3 years, yay! Still too big... but I'm working on that! :D

So, everyone have a great few days & a fabulous Fourth if I don't get back here for awhile!!!

Oh! Count me in for the exercise challenge... what is it? 20 workouts?? Ssomeone post so I know what to put in my siggy when I get back! Thanks!

Here is another question...for example...does 1.0 Omnipaque cause more restriction than 1.0 saline? Probably a dumb question, but I never claimed to be anything other than that... LOL

I was filled with saline first to 1.5cc. When I went back for my 2nd fill, there was less than 0.5 cc still in the band! Omnipaque doesn't leak as easily. I was filled with Omnipaque on 2nd fill to 2cc. When i went back for 3rd fill there was 1.8 still in the band. she filled me back up to 2 cc.

Does that help with your question? it doesn't fill more, it just stays in better so you don't lose your restriction over time.

MDRAI - have a great time at the beach!!

The exercise challenge is whatever you want it to be! You set your OWN goals....and try to challenge yourself a little bit more each month. Sound good??

Love the avatar, BTW!!

Good Morning all

wow, what a busy weekend here! Read all and I don't know where to start.

I am so proud of everyone, and we all learn from each other... but JUDY>>> WOW !!! How else can I say it.... 44lbs... that is just amazing.

I am back down to 228 this am. It is funny, I did my measurements yesterday and I've lost a couple more inches. I am not going to log them right now, I'm going to wait to the end of the week. I have officially dedicated myself to the gym and muscle weighs more than fat. So after another full week, then I'll take them. I'll probably loose another 5lbs right before the 17th when I am suppose to get my fill. That is what happened last time.

Where is Michelle? I have not seen her in a few days

Laura - where ever you are. I hope you are having a great time...

LOL I walk away for a few and there is Michelle

HAVE FUN!

I have a friend in Maine who was just here visiting, I am going to Orchard Beach in August and can't wait! I love the ocean

Wow, I seem to do better Monday through Friday when I'm at work. Here I am at home, we went fishing again yesterday. I took a few healthy Snacks for me seeing that everyone else was munching on chips and such. I had a chef salad for lunch, but couldn't even finish half of it (non-fat ranch dressing). I had the inside of a burrito for Breakfast (refried Beans, salsa, scrambled egg), and drank lots and lots of Water, however I'm up 2 lbs. :D

Here I am back up to 232.8, when I was down to 231...my scale depresses me LOL

Ok back on board today. I'll have oatmeal for breakfast, some tuna for lunch, and maybe salmon for dinner....

I'd like to join the July exercise challenge. I'm really horrible about exercise but I'm going to sign up for 10 workouts in July! Wish me luck!

Happy Sunday everyone!!!

Dumb Dora here (aka Ms Jen), I'm trying to add a new ticker and for the life of me can't get it to post:whoo:. Will someone please send directions???

I intend on doing absolutely NOTHING today!!! At least until Rick gets home, and he will want to get all the tables put away and have the yard back to normal!!! But this morning is mine, and I refuse to do anything!!!!!

I read a thread once about the omnipaque--and it said you would have less fluctuation in your restriction. There is a thread somewhere out there in LBT where a poster said her Dr. told her she was tighter in the AM, because the Fluid settles into the band as she is still sleeping at night. And then as she is up and moving around it disperses, and some works back into the tubing, etc, so you feel less restricted then. They said in that conversation that the omnipaque does not move as freely, and so when you get restriction, it is a steadier thing. I have no idea. I was given the standard saline in my first fill, of 1.25, and when I went for the 2nd fill, he removed almost the entire 1.25. So he just bumped it up another .50, and I have never been back for a fill. I have rode with my SIL for her fill but that's it. Just about time that I think I will go have it tweaked, I begin losing again, and do something that reminds me I DO have restriction....and I do not want to start the battle with being over filled, so I guess I'll just continue to work this one awhile longer. The 21st of this month will be a year!!! I have heard that is good, and I have heard this is bad----go figure, who knows!!!!????

Lunasa, I believe Terri nailed it---you do have swelling from the bread continually trying to pass, and it will take some time to ease. If you did like she said and fell off a bike and skinned your knee, and got on again, and fell on the same knee over and over again, it would do nothing but get worse. Eating with a swollen stoma is the same. Same as you can ride still, you can eat still....it is the digesting that is the falling part of that comparison! Do some experimenting, and see whether it feels more soothed with nice cool drinks, or whether the warm drinks comfort you more, and baby that belly for a few days. It will help you feel better, and it will also jump start the weight loss again!!!

When you finally do get a level of restriction (without the irritation) it helps you learn a new way to eat. I STILL get way too much food. Like this weekend, I had a plate FULL of food.....and ate maybe a quarter of it, possibly a 3rd! But I am learning! I find myself taking the slow road---I now KNOW I cannot begin to eat that much....before I was always surprised that I was already full!!! Now I am really trying not to get full---just to eat a little and quit.....heaven knows I can always get more if I need it!!! Someday maybe I'll 'get it'.

I don't drink with my meals as a general rule. I have adjusted it over the last year, to fit what I am doing. I do often drink a little with my dinner. But I try to totally flush my pouch before bed, I sleep better, and have less reflux issue. So I guage whether I drink with the meal, or how long afterwards, by how long I wish to remain full. If I don't drink with breakfast, I could literally stay full all day if I didn't drink! So I give it a little time and drink. I try to have a high Protein snack mid afternoon, and do not drink for awhile, because that is my worst snack time----the head hunger munchies get me unless I am already full. So-----I use the liquid to help balance my level of fullness throughout the day. That said, I still believe the smart thing to do, is follow the rules, and don't drink. My Dr. is the one who recommended me to flush the pouch at night----so I felt ok doing so.

We are doing a firework show with friends, that the next town over does on the 3rd of July (so that you can be with family and friends on the 4th was the original plan---25 years ago or so!). We will meet up with them, and eat, and visit and watch the show. The 4th, I don't know what we are doing. Rick wants to ride up to a little mining town in the mountains, where they have a HUGE fireworks display echoing in the mountains...and camp out that night. Not sure what will be done. I know I do not want a cookout here at the house, I am sick of cleaning up after the BBQ's!!!

What's everyone got planned??? Any good recipe ideas for me to take to our dinner with the friends? Last year at the fireworks I had my first PB type of thing!!!! On fried chicken.......eeeewwww, I slimed and freaked out, could not wait to get home and ask on here, if I was going to survive!!!! Hoping NOT to have a repeat performance~!!

Gonna go surf the site---y'all take care!!!

Kat

Ok ladies.. I decided to show you the difference lapband has made in my outlook on life. Here are two pics.. one is of me on our cruise on the Freedom in January. The other is me today in the jumper I haven't been able to wear for many years.

I LOVE my band!!!

post-215048-13813135199734_thumb.jpg

post-215048-13813135199935_thumb.jpg

I was filled with saline first to 1.5cc. When I went back for my 2nd fill, there was less than 0.5 cc still in the band! Omnipaque doesn't leak as easily. I was filled with Omnipaque on 2nd fill to 2cc. When i went back for 3rd fill there was 1.8 still in the band. she filled me back up to 2 cc.

Yep, that answers the question. She filled mine with 2.0 and OMG when she asked me to drink the Water I thought I was going to have heart failure. I went like this:omg:and she took some out to 1.5 then asked me to drink again and I went like this:rolleyes...so that is why I am down to .9

I don't see how you even eat anything...

I'm jealous:think

OMG - Judy you are AMAZING and such an inspiration.

I have to tell you that you motivate me to get my butt up and get to they gym, and now seeing how absolutely great you look. I am blown away and know I can do this.

Denise - Do you drink enough on the weekends? When I was working i always did better at work because I had a giant cup and drank Water, and on the weekends when running I know I did not and the scale would not move. Now I buy water bottles (just picked up 3 cases) and take them every where I go so I don't have an excuse.

So, July is off to a good start - did my first workout and feel great!!

hope everyone is having a great day

<p>OMG Judy you are such an inspiration!!!</p> <p>OK, now i m jealous of you too...hahaha</p>

PS...our bathing suits are identical!!

Yep' date=' that answers the question. She filled mine with 2.0 and OMG when she asked me to drink the Water I thought I was going to have heart failure. I went like this:omg:and she took some out to 1.5 then asked me to drink again and I went like this:rolleyes...so that is why I am down to .9[/b']

I don't see how you even eat anything...

I'm jealous:think

Well, I'm having a hard time with this (peeled) apple and cheddar cheese right now!! I'm taking teeny tiny bites of apple and can feel every bite going down. But I just eat realllllllllly slowly.

Are you going to call tomorrow?? Who is your doctor again? Sorry you're not doing well :D

KAT - My first PB was on fried chicken too....and it was a DOOZIE! I have a WONDERFUL recipe that always gets raves. It's a salad made with romaine and butter lettuce, sliced strawberries, mont. jack or feta cheese, toasted pecans, with a nice vinaigrette dressing. If you want the recipe, just let me know. It serves at least 12.