Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Kat, lots and lots of love and prayers headed your way. I can't imagine what it feels like to see your little granddaughter so sick like that. I hope all goes well and she gets better fast...

My hiccups finally did stop yesterday. Mid-afternoon. I hope I don't go through that again. Now I'm just burping alot. That is not painfull, just annoying.

Kat- She'll be in my thoughts, hopefully it's just viral!!

About hiccups, I get them when I eat too fast.. not like pre-band, where of course if you eat really quick when you're really hungry you get hiccups (or I did anyway).. but now, it's not super-fast eating, but if I'm really hungry-like when I get home from work and eat dinner.. if I eat 'faster than normal' I will get hiccups for long periods of time.. none of the old remedies work.. I just have to wait it out. Slows me down everytime though!

PS.. changed my ticker to relfect my pre-op weight that convinced me to do lap-band. I figured it would make me feel better knowing where I *really* started..keeps me motivated

Hey all

I get the hiccups when I get really hungry and burp like crazy after I eat.

I am glad I'm going to Dr. today

I need to make some food that I have ready, I am starving by time I eat and I don't think that is helping my case

Tracey...I'd give (almost) anything to be able to join you in your Head Start to Spring band group!!! I'm still waiting on appoinment dates (NUT and psych eval)...so there might be a chance!!!

I think its great that you are going to jump start your weight loss!! From your picture avatar...you look like a very beautiful lady....I can only imagine how you will look after losing weight!!! Be sure to take lots of before, during and after pics!!

Can you give me any advice on how to quickly get through these gas pains? I was banded Monday, July 2nd and all went very well. I'm just a bit sore on my left side but I think the gas is more difficult than anything. Any advice on what to use for the soreness as well? Thanks in advance..

bfyne

Can you give me any advice on how to quickly get through these gas pains?

bfyne

BFYNE - the only thing that worked for me was walking walking walking. I would get up and walk around the house for five minutes at a time. every 15 min I would get up. That is the only thing that helped. I remember how painful the gas was. I hope you feel better soon...

Thanks for the advice on the hiccups. I did realize that I got them because i waited too long to eat so then I was eating way too quickly. Chewing really fast and taking little bites but still, it was quick. I need to slllllooooowww down. And not wait until I'm starving to eat....

Good Afternoon all!!!!!!!!!

I'm hoping that this 2.75 cc's helps my restriction.. I see everyone passing me by on the overall weight loss and it is depressing to be left waving from the back... (I KNOW its my eating) The scale did go back down today after a day of being good ... but I'm gaining and relosing the same 7 lbs... I REALLY need to get on track with what I'm putting in my mouth.. I somewhat feel like I'm already cheating the band before I have ANY success...... maybe a good dose of restriction will help tame those experiments I do.

I am on day two of Liquids... tomorrow being the 4th we are going to a cookout/block party where good food will be a plenty... last year I grazed all day.. this year I'm hoping to be full and make good quality choices.......

Our contribution is Fruit.... so we have iced down two watermelons, I bought banannas, tangerines, bing cherries, seedless grapes...... man oh man do I love bing cherries! I know it all so high in carbs but I will no doubt be eating a few of my favs.

Angie: SO GREAT TO SEE YOU POSTING!!!!

Kat: Many Many Many prayers go out to your precious grandbaby!

Laura: The nuptuals are fast approaching girl!!!!! before too long you will be an old married lady!

Everyone have a WONDERFUL DAY!

HI ALL

I am back home and so excited. I got my fill... do I have a clue how much... no... I know he used a 5cc... not the 3 and not the 10... I have a fear of needles so I was hyperventelating..(sp), one shot, didn't hurt, actually felt cool when he put it in... I could feel it running to the band and then it filling.

So I'm on liquids for 48hrs, the mushies... works for me, I had a small cup of Water in his office and still feel full. Maybe liquids and mushies will help my other issues. LOL

Tracy - I feel the same way, like I am failing, but when My Dr. asked me how I was... I told him other than hungry overall I felt GREAT. I would take now over 6 months ago anyday. So that in itself is not failure!

Hi all you lovely Shrinky Dinks!!!

We're back home and I see there are lots of posts to catch up on, as usual. Can't you ladies slow down while I'm gone?? sheeeeeeesh!!;)

Kat.. many prayers to you and your granddaughter. We went through that with my son when he was just a baby. It's very scary, but she'll be well taken care of by the doctors and nurses. Keep us posted on her!!!

Well, my doc and I had a talk and since I had lost 7# since my last visit a month ago, he gave me the choice this time of a fill or not and I chose to wait until next month and see how I do. I told him I'm not hungry between meals and I'm eating what I'm supposed to and exercising almost daily. He agreed not to give me a fill this time, but said I probably would need one next time which is the 30th of July. DH had 3cc put into his Vangard 10cc band. He's lost 14# since his visit last month, but is only 6 weeks post surgery. He's doing just amazing and now with the fill he says he doesn't feel like eathing at all.. really not hungry and those words never were in his vocabulary pre-surgery!

Laura.. the days are flying by fast!! We're all so excited for you!! DH has a wedding to officiate at on the 7th. It will be a Hawaiian themed one. Luckily we both have flowery shirts from our cruises cause you have to be in the proper attire to attend the ceremony!!

Trackinks.. are you going to update your pic for July1? I love watching everyone's progress.

Denise.. we've had the Turkey Mignons from Schwans. We just love them too. Just the right portion and sooooooo moist and tasty. Course, I'm betting one will be enough for DH and I to share now. We told the Schwan's guy not to come back until this month since we knew we couldn't eat most of the stuff they had to offer until we were both post surgery.

Well, time to get things unpacked from the car. I had to rush on here as soon as we walked in the door. Am I addicted or what????

Judy- Aww! A friend of mine is going to a wedding on 7/7/07 in Hawaii too.

My dad actually IS wearing a hawaiian shirt! He is known for his parrothead ways.. he always wears hawaiian shirts, he literally has about 300 of them.

So this morning I picked out one for him to wear under his suit.. he's going to wear a pale blue one that has the hibiscus(sp?) in navy blue colors.. my sister's bridesmaid dress is pale blue and my mom's MOTB outfit is navy blue...so he's going to kind of tie everyone together.

In other news, since surgery I've complained about my erratic periods.. well, just started up again today.. no surprise.. RIGHT BEFORE MY WEDDING!

SIGH.. going to ruin everything, it's so heavy and doesn't let up for 2 weeks.. there goes the honeymoon, right?

I called my gyno and asked for something to stop it since I'm so unregulated right now, she called in something for me.. I get it tonight.. I'm crossing my fingers it works.. she said it likely won't stop it by Thursday but it should at least lighten it.

GRRRR!!!!!

Laura - that just stinks, I'm sorry about that. Since I have lost weight I am back on a normal 3 day schedule, the only bad part is I got so used to some spotting 2-3 days before that now I almost forget I'm getting it. Either way, you are getting married and will have a fantastic time.

Judy - nice to have you back. That was what happened to me last month for my first fill, which I just got today. He knew I was going to need one at my next appt (today) but very glad I stuck it out.

Kat-I will keep your grand daughter in my prayers. I hope she is better very soon.

Laura-The pills you get will work...have faith. I hope you have a great weding and you will be a beautiful bride!!

TracyKS-hope the fills give you just the right restriction!! ;)

Jenn-I hope your fill does the trick for you too. I have been losing since mine, but damn, all I do is drink, can hardly eat anything. But, either way, I am glad to see the scale move down :)

I never thought i would see the day that my almost 4 year old daughter can eat more than me LOL. The only thing I have planned for tomorrow is to try to find some pants that fit...The ones that fit in the waist normally look like balloon pants on me because I have small legs...so stretchys' it is. Everyone have a great evening!!

I did this once, let me see if I can do it again....I never can tell if I am adding the attachments correctly....

post-220113-13813135218215_thumb.jpg

post-220113-13813135218361_thumb.jpg

post-220113-13813135218519_thumb.jpg

<p>PS...husbands do not know how to take pics from the same distance as the last time...LOL</p>

Note the Special K on top of the fridge ;)

Can you give me any advice on how to quickly get through these gas pains? I was banded Monday, July 2nd and all went very well. I'm just a bit sore on my left side but I think the gas is more difficult than anything. Any advice on what to use for the soreness as well? Thanks in advance..

bfyne

Take as much Gas-X as allowed by the directions on the box and walk or move as much as you reasonably can. The Gas-X really helped me, but I had to take it every few hours.

Kat - we're thinking of you. Hope your baby is much better by now.