Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hi girls---just here for a minute to ask that you please pray for my little granddaughter. They put her in the hospital last night. As soon as she began to move around, everything I had managed to get into her come up. They have her on IV now, and are watching her blood. The concern has turned from a gastro infection to a possibility of an intestinal blockage. Each time she takes anything by mouth it comes back up. The concerning issue is that she does not have any diarhea with the nausea, which is unusual, and is what is making them think possible blockage. Her name is Kinsey--she is 2 1/2, and she owns my heart----please remember her in your prayers. I will update you as soon as we know anything.

Thanks --- I am so glad y'all are out there!!

Kat

Kat, little Kinsey is in my prayers. Please keep us updated on her progress...

*hugs*

OMG Tracy!!!! YOU'RE MELTING AWAY!!!!!!!! Eat, girl...EAT!!! ;) (old Italian joke)

Judy- Aww! A friend of mine is going to a wedding on 7/7/07 in Hawaii too.

My dad actually IS wearing a hawaiian shirt! He is known for his parrothead ways.. he always wears hawaiian shirts, he literally has about 300 of them.

So this morning I picked out one for him to wear under his suit.. he's going to wear a pale blue one that has the hibiscus(sp?) in navy blue colors.. my sister's bridesmaid dress is pale blue and my mom's MOTB outfit is navy blue...so he's going to kind of tie everyone together.

In other news, since surgery I've complained about my erratic periods.. well, just started up again today.. no surprise.. RIGHT BEFORE MY WEDDING!

SIGH.. going to ruin everything, it's so heavy and doesn't let up for 2 weeks.. there goes the honeymoon, right?

I called my gyno and asked for something to stop it since I'm so unregulated right now, she called in something for me.. I get it tonight.. I'm crossing my fingers it works.. she said it likely won't stop it by Thursday but it should at least lighten it.

GRRRR!!!!!

Awwwe you poor thing...I started my period the last 2 days of my honeymoon too! LOL - If it weren't so expected it would have been devastating...I always say, "if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all"...although I met my hubby, which I think was the luckiest thing that ever happened to me.

Your day is approaching fast!!! smileyweddingcc4.gif

Hi girls---just here for a minute to ask that you please pray for my little granddaughter. They put her in the hospital last night. As soon as she began to move around, everything I had managed to get into her come up. They have her on IV now, and are watching her blood. The concern has turned from a gastro infection to a possibility of an intestinal blockage. Each time she takes anything by mouth it comes back up. The concerning issue is that she does not have any diarhea with the nausea, which is unusual, and is what is making them think possible blockage. Her name is Kinsey--she is 2 1/2, and she owns my heart----please remember her in your prayers. I will update you as soon as we know anything.

Thanks --- I am so glad y'all are out there!!

Kat

You got it! Hope she heals and gets to feeling 100% soon!

TracyK - I think this is so what I needed. I am on liquids and had 1/2 cup of broth about 4 and 4 hrs later having another 1/2 cup of broth, the rest. It acually taste good but I can feel it going down, so the thouht of food is not even doing it for me. I feel like I did about a week out without the pain and gas LOL

We will see... Tomorrow the gym is closed so I am forced to take a day off, maybe it will do me good.

Ok I've been thinking about using my original weight too, but since Laura did it - I figured that I might be better looking at total since Jan 2, 2007. That is when I started to lose for surgery, and if I think I'm looking at it that I'm 1/2 way there... maybe I won't feel like a looser!

Off to put the little one to bed and maybe even take a nap, I'm tired today

I am not updating my pics because I look fatter now than I did then! SAd but true.. maybe by my next fill July 30th I will be lower than my last pic post....

Judy: Glad you and DH made it back!

I had about a cup of runny spaghetti sauce tonight for dinner.. I really wanted the cheesy garlic bread dbf made but I KNOW it would of been painful so I stayed away...... (ok so I licked a piece when no one was looking and then scraped the cheese of one) but it was gooooooooooooooooooooooood ;)

TracyKS - I am sure it is just how you see yourself... I think you look great and you have been an inspiration to me since the beginning.

Stay strong ... YOU ARE AWESOME!

TracyK... yer lookin' good woman!!! Keep up the great work!!!

Tracyinks... I know what you mean about the pics.DH has been taking pics of me every month in the same bathing suit and for the life of me I don't see much difference. (I'm in the same bathing suit, not DH!) But when I look at the pics I posted here.. I definitely can!! I take another set of pics next Tuesday. Hopefully there will be a difference I can see for a change!!

Just got back from biking an hour with DH. It's so much more fun now than 44 pounds ago!!!

Everyone have a great 4th tomorrow and remember to follow those bandster rules!!!

Hey Shinking..Thanks for the advice regardng the gas. I have been walking around the house and outside a little as well today. The Gas X strips really helps and also the Maalox. Today is better than yesterday! Can't wait to get on a roll and get back in the gym next week. I'll take my time on the treadmill but it will feel good to be back!

Thanks again!

<p>Thanks Judy & Terri !!!</p> <p> </p> <p>Jenn-I am glad that you are happy with your fill so far! It probably is just the thing that you needed for a little kick start!</p> <p> </p> <p>Good morning violets...Happy 4th!</p> <p>Everybody be safe and careful with whatever you do today.</p>

I am sure the drunk drivers will be out in full force today...

Happy 4th everyone.

TracyK- thanks and I hope you are right.

I am an emotional basketcase today, lack of food, I don't know, went to bed crying and woke up crying. I just feel so sad and don't know why.

I had to get that out there, figured saying it might make me feel better. This is going to be a very long day. Maybe I'll go to the cemetary to visit my friend today, usually on days where i feel like this going and talking to him usually helps. Maybe it is because the anniversary of his death is coming up. I just thought of that. Who knows, just know it is going to be one of those days. Oh found out dbf was pulled from work again last night, trama dr from his motorcycle accident didn't think he was ready to be working and was doing more damage than good. He called me at 10:30 last night... so 10 steps forward with us and hopefully he will continue to fix things with us or not. Maybe that is part of why i'm so sad.

sorry, I needed to vent someplace... that and no food at all yesterday I'm sure is not helping, I'm not hungry but I think a little dizzy from not eating

Happy 4th everyone.

I am an emotional basketcase today, lack of food, I don't know, went to bed crying and woke up crying. I just feel so sad and don't know why.

Jen-I am so sorry that you are down in the dumps today! Just keep reminding yourself of where you were and where you are now. I know sometimes it is hard to look at it that way. I hope that you can keep your chin up and try to have a great holiday!! If you cry, just laugh about it when you know that you are doing something that will help you not retain fluid!! :cool:

Hope you feel better lady ((((hugs))))

:usa2:Good Morning Violets!

Please take a moment today to remember our troops who sacrifice so much. My nephew is in the Air Force.:cool: Do any of you have friends or relatives that are active?

Well I think my 3rd fill is doing the trick very nicely. It's been a week and so far I'm not feeling it loosen up as much as inthe past. This is a very good thing. Yesterday I had to remind myself to eat dinner!! Remember those post-op days?? So for those of you that are struggling with hunger and eating too much....take heart!!! What they say is true!! It's ALL about good restriction and it does come in time!

I've gotten so much good information from LBT. I can't imagine going thru this experience without it!! Can you? All these nice folks smoothing our ruffled brows, reassuring us over and over from the very beginning of our anxieties about making the decision and then surgery, post-op, weird pains, liquid diets, restriction, etc. How wonderful this has been to have their support and wisdom! Makes me sad for those that have decided to quit posting. I hope they're still reading at least. So THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS Without you there would be no LBT.

Kat?? We're worried! ....How's your baby?

(((Jenn))) We were posting at the same time. I am so sorry you're having one of those days. Sounds like classic PMS to me! Is it? If not, I'm sure it's some type of hormonal thing associated with losing weight combined with the mixed up emotions about dbf. Take comfort in knowing that it will pass in a couple of days. The day off from the gym will probably help a lot. Maybe have something a little more substantial today....like some oatmeal or cream of wheat, or make yourself a nice smoothie.

Had DBF been out of touch and now he's back? It sure sounds like a roller coaster with you guys. I was on one like that for 4 years and never thought I'd get off. And you've been at it for 17??? That's exhausting in itself and I feel for you. I kept this taped to my mirror at home and on my desk at work.... it helped me understand my struggle. Maybe it will help you too:

Life in 6 Chapters

I walk down the street...

there is a hole in the street.

I fall into the hole... but I do not know I am in it.

Finally I see the hole and try to get out.

It takes a long time to get out of the hole.

I walk down the same street..

the hole is still there... I see the hole.

I fall into the hole again.... but I recognize where I am,

and I want to be out of the hole.

It still takes a long time to get out of the hole.

I walk down the same street...

the hole is still there... I see the hole and

still fall into the hole again... it has become familiar..

But I have learned how to get out of the hole and..

Get out of the hole much quicker.

the hole is always going to be there in this street.

I see the hole..... and recognize it.. and think fondly of it..

but I think I don't want to be in the hole again.

But I walk directly toward the hole and fall in again.

I get out immediately.

the hole hasn't moved... I like the looks of the hole

Yet I remember I don't want to be in the hole...

I remember the feelings in the hole.. I veer away...

I walk around the hole and continue on my way.

I go for a walk....

I walk down a different street.

-- Unknown