Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Hey All,

I need some advice. I want to whisk my girl away in august. Any suggestions as to where we should go???? I want to go to toronto canada...or aculcapoco, or anywhere. we want to leave on thursday, and return on on Monday. we want to go to where we've never been before. We are in Palm Springs, CA. Any ideas?

PS...$ is no object. just need ideas<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Ugh....I'm still having port soreness in the muscle directly where my port is. How long does this last? It's sore to bend over with certain movements. I'm not sure that I can do my zumba this week! ;)

From what I've read it seems pretty common, but how long does it last for you all???

Pam.. GREAT job on the workouts!! Now yer in the swing of things!!

And as for that get a way.. having been to Toronto a couple of times, I highly recommend it. It's a great town with lots to see and do. We haven't been for years, but still have great memories of the times we were there and are planning another trip there soon.

TracyK

I know you are right, I love him with all my heart but I am not going to be strong enough until I love myself. Don't get me wrong, I've come a very long way since March, therapy and feeling good about myself sure helps. Just not ready, but almost pushing him to shi@ or get off the pot- so i guess that says something all in itself.

Pamela - how about Hawaii? that sounds nice to me... LOL

congrats on the workouts. I need to update mine, I lost track but have them on my gym membership log.

Denise -

I have good days and bad days too, generally I feel great but when I work out extra hard it is painful... I guess that means that our workouts are doing what they are suppose to.

Off to bartending class... 2 days left

HUGS all

Denise,

Every once in a blue moon do I have an ache where my port is....feels more like a muscle ache to me too, but mine never hurted as much as yours seem to. Sorry about your pain!!

Pamela-wow...where would I go...hmmmm...I have always wanted to go to Jamaica...but if price was no object it would be FIJI :scales:

and congrats big time on all the workouts. You have every right to be very proud of yourself. YAY YOU!!

Jenn-you are on your way to a brand new you in more ways than one...emotionally and physically. You are going to be great...hang in there girl :scalesno:

Well, I finally called today and made my appt for my 2nd fill. I am having it done on Tuesday, and it won't get here soon enough for me!! Tomorrow at work they are having a BBQ...wish me luck!!

I had my surgery April 24th, when I went to the doctor two weeks ago , I had lost 49.5 pds. YAY! I started at 325 so now at 275.5. I have mini goals of Sept first 250, and by Jan 1st 199. My doctor didnt give me a fill the first time because I had averaged almost 2 pds per week in my 2nd month. Still trying to get my butt in gear and exercise. What types of things did everyone start with? Gotta get motivated to move.

Good luck to everyone

Lost_Secret

Hey everyone -

Just thought I'd post a pic of me on top of the world! I'm amazed at how fat I still look :scalesno: Can't even imagine what I looked like 20# heavier...glad I lost that at least! But anyway....isn't this beautiful? I loved Steamboat and can't wait to go back!

post-213702-13813135099949_thumb.jpg

pamela -- You Rock Girly!!!

My recommendation for a vacation is anywhere in Colorado!! I've been to Cordillera, Colorado Springs, Manitou Springs, Monarch, Salida, Buena Vista (at a guest ranch!), Vail, and Steamboat. Ya'll would have a great time in Steamboat....there's lots to do!! Rafting, hiking, shopping, eating, jeep tours, hot air balloons, a huge Water slide, take the gondola up the mountain, Fish Creek Falls, ...on and on. Great for a long weekend! If you want more info, I'll hook you up! How about a trip to the east coast? Maine? Vermont? Mass.? Lots to see and do there, too! Camping and rafting in Idaho? A guest ranch in Montana? How 'bout a cruise? It's WAY too hot for Mexico and it's hurricane season in Aug. Don't go south!

Hello,

I had the second fill today. It did not hurt at all. I may be too restricted. Im having problems with drinking Water. Im on Clear Liquids for 24 hrs. If it doesnt get better tomorrow Im gonna check in with my Dr.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Hello,

I had the second fill today. It did not hurt at all. I may be too restricted. Im having problems with drinking Water. Im on clear liquids for 24 hrs. If it doesnt get better tomorrow Im gonna check in with my Dr.<!-- google_ad_section_end --><!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Give it a few days, ard. Both times that I was filled the restriction was pretty tight for the first week, then relaxed. However, not being able to get water in IS serious and you should call your doctor. Have you tried hot herbal/decaf teas? Warm fluids do help a lot.

Terry

You look so FANTASTIC!!!!! and so happy

I wish I could find my camera. I know I still look like complete crap but I have lost 30lbs since my last photo and a total of over 28inches over my body!

So as part of my new attitude... me and my 13 year old daughter have been doing some serious bonding, I know she needs friends but we are getting back the old relationship we use to have. Today I went to lunch with my friend, and my daughter called to tell me how lonely it was without me, so I picked her up and she went to lunch with us... of course she ate a peanut butter/choc sunday for lunch but we had so much fun, the 3 of us. then I took her over to the nail place and got her a manicure and we went to pick up my 3 year old. We laughed, and just fooled around. I am so glad I am getting mentally where I was before I had my son... it is best for all of us

Anyway.... so glad everyone is doing so well... I love this group

Hey Violets~

Thanks for the wonderful and thought provoking suggestions for a mini vaca. We went to Fiji last year, it was fabulous. This summer is so busy for us, we can only take a "litte one". I thank you for thinking for me. I love Colorado, I've been to Denver and Vail. I like the idea of the east coast, especially Toronto. We both want to go some where we've never been to and she is from Europe and has been all over the world. Keep tossing ideas if anyone thinks of any...and I'll keep you posted. xoxo

Just got home from my poker night. I lost...but had fun! The hostess made enchiladas, one chese and the other one green chile and chicken. She had sectioned off big peices for the guests. I asked her if I could have 1/4 of each, instead of the whole piece of each. I watched as she cut them into 1/4's for me. I had two 1/4 pieces, 2 taquitos, few chips...and Water. This is a victory people...these were great enchiladas. I know I don't have the strongest restriction...but the portions and SOOOOO much less than before. I am discouraged I am not lossing...but I have been great on my workouts (taking tomorrow off). I love the workouts... I feel great!

Ok...I am proud of that!

Terry~

That is an amazing picture. You really look beautiful. What a view!!!!!

Terri...what a gorgeous pic! You look wonderful!

Good morning Violets....have a great day!

I owe, I owe, its off to work i go......

Good morning, all you Shrinky Dinks.... remember those???:scalesno:

Terry.. ya look gorgeous!!! I'm proud of you!!!

I have a busy day today. Nail appointment at 9, flute rehearsal at 10, retired teacher's meeting at noon. Then spend the afternoon getting more of the house cleaned for the rehearsal dinner here Friday night. Tomorrow is our 38th anniversary and we're spending it with our kids at a cook out. Not the most romantic, but family is what it's all about... which follows my mantra... "it's not about the food".

Everyone have a great day today..... and remember..............