Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

WOW I ate WAY too much today. 1625 calories! ARGHHHHHH!!! It must be that time of the month for me (although I had a hysterectomy last year so I wouldn't know for sure, but it sure feels like it!). I'm HUNGRY, I'm craving everything, and because I CAN, I'm eating everything!!!! Just as I get down to 233 after a week of not losing a pound, and now I go and ruin it for myself. Ok pity party over, tomorrow is a new day.

I hope everyone else is doing great! Tracy where is our picture???? My hair is falling out everytime I brush it. It's dry, it's brittle, and it's thinning. I've always had pretty healthy hair, now it's icky. I get enough Protein in a day and I take my Vitamins. Hopefully that gets better soon!!!

WOW I ate WAY too much today. 1625 calories! ARGHHHHHH!!!................................................................... My hair is falling out everytime I brush it. It's dry, it's brittle, and it's thinning. I've always had pretty healthy hair, now it's icky. I get enough Protein in a day and I take my Vitamins. Hopefully that gets better soon!!!

My dietician,who teaches a behavioral class pre-op, said that the most common reason WLS patients have Hair loss (post surgery) is.... they are too good on their diets-lol- ;)

Actually she said, that many of us lack regular amounts of good fats in the diet... she recommended that we be aware of, and include, healthy fats like olive oil, nuts, etc..on a regular basis. She gave advice on ....Don't avoid good fats, because you may have had some of bad fats. Some may try to make up for some bad fats, by avoiding all fats.

It's worth a thought??????

TGIF!!! Good morning Violets!

I hope everyone has a super-duper day!! Welcome to the "new Jen". That makes 3 or 4 now, right? The Tracys are outnumbered now...lol

Take care everyone!

Denise,

Make sure your hair is not dry (by dry I mean lacking in moisture, not really damaged). Depending on where you live, the sun and the heat just sucks the moisture out of your hair. In addition to the Vitamins and making sure that you have enough Protein, you probably need a good moisturizer like Nexus Humectress. It use to be available on in a salon, now you can get it anywhere except a salon. It is really good stuff, a little thick so I Water it down (plus I am cheap!!).

Jane

Good morning, Violets~~

Today is the last day of school for the kidd-os! Guess summer is officially here!

I am not doing so well... I am up 5 lbs since surgery... it's driving me crazy! It seems that if I put one thing, be it little or big, "good" or "bad", I gain a lb. I have been walking this week, and am checking out some classes at the Y for the summer... but c'mon! This is NOT the right direction to be going in! I am trying my best to just focus on eating properly, moving more, and the scale be dam*ed... but it's not easy w/those "voices" in my head... "Poor poor pitiful me"

Denise,

Make sure your hair is not dry (by dry I mean lacking in moisture, not really damaged). Depending on where you live, the sun and the heat just sucks the moisture out of your hair. In addition to the Vitamins and making sure that you have enough Protein, you probably need a good moisturizer like Nexus Humectress. It use to be available on in a salon, now you can get it anywhere except a salon. It is really good stuff, a little thick so I Water it down (plus I am cheap!!).

Jane

Thank you Jane!!! I'll definitely give that a try! ;)

GOOD MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!! TGIF, Day 4 at the gym! I was up and out the door early and home earlier than other days this week. DBF was on the front porch (his smoking patio) so we chatted while I watered my flowers... next thing you know my son is up and it is NOT EVEN 6:00 a.m. yet! I even fixed some scrambled eggs and it was a MISTAKE.. I ate it too fast and had a very bad PB episode.. so bad infact that my throat hurts.... (this was the worst one to date)

The perm pic.... I will take it AFTER I can actually WASH my hair.... It is very loose and dbf LOVES it...

I am up 3 pounds!!!!!!!! This is discouraging especially since I've been exercising.. I KNOW IT IS TEMP but still it sux!

Until this morning I would of swore that I had NO restriction, but apparently I'm tighter in the morning like a lot here... (I never eat solid food for Breakfast during the work week)

The weird morning yesterday......... Wednesday night our oldest had family night at scout camp so we met up with dbf's exwife, her new husband and the other boys and arrived together..... we had a small hike to the troops campsite and upon arrival you could of heard a pin drop with the dropped jaws... we are a noisy group and we all popped out of the trees at once... a big ring of parents were seated in a big circle just looking at us like we were aliens...... (the significance just hit me then)

Dbf used to be the fire cheif for all these (small town) people, they all knew them as married since after High School... Cody (the scout) starts introducing us... my stepdad, my step mom, my step brother... etc....... I was getting the once over... so I just spread my hands out wide and said.... we decided to just bring EVERYBODY! this broke the tension I guess because people laughed (I later found out that the Troop Leader is actually the one that broke up DBF's 1st marriage! Troop Leader and Exwife got caught sleeping together one afternoon! Ex-wifes NEW husband (who is a loveable goober) kept making wise cracks among us, to make sure we got a pic of dbf, troopleader, and newhusband together) all men who've slept with exwife.... ;) .. THEN YESTERDAY.....

I get an email on my old hotmail address from my EX HUSBANDS uncle who has been long thought to be dead... he has been missing from the family for 15 years.... and he ends up with MY email... he wanted some old family photos....... WIERD... so that ended in a call from me to my ex husband.. (who was my HS sweetheart, and best friend for 17 years,he is not my sons bio, he is also the one who royally screwed up my head) SO I get to the point about the Uncle email and then .. ExHusband gets all chatty.... and starts giving me the third degree... it was so weird.... it was almost like he didn't want to get off the phone like he was starving for some "adult" conversation... I finally end the call.. and forward the uncle email to him and to my ex inlaws.....

Then my "nun" boss (who is a HARD, HARD, HARD woman to work for) gives my direct boss a seminar packet for me and my good work bud to go too.. (a Womens Conference, that actually would be FUN) WIERD and VERY out of character for her.......

and lastly........... I AM ON VACATION ALL NEXT WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good morning all!!!

A strange thng is happening to me. :rolleyes I'm not hungry. :hungry: I can't eat but half of what I've been eating since being banded. I'm down to two meals a day and I'm losing inches like crazy but no pounds. Could it be? Yes, I think it is...I have restriction and I'm loving it! :peace:

I had my 2nd fill last Tuesday and it took over a week for it to kick in. Now maybe I can start losing weight. ;)

Ms_Jen: How wonderful!!!!!!!!! ;)

I am really hungry, but afraid to eat because my throat STILL hurts from the PB episode!

Michelle: Don't sweat it about gaining... my doc said most everyone gains the first four weeks

Me and my coworker are going to the gym in an hour..Day 2!

I guess I didn't work out as hard as I thought I did, today I woke up and the only thing that ached as my upper arm.

But I did machines that work the butt, thighs, calves, lot of ab things, chest, arms, did eliptical and the treadmill.. I felt like Jello all day yesterday but no achey today ;)

I did do something stupid last night. I had a trashbag with about 80lbs of stuff in it we were throwing out for the move.. and normally I make fiance do those things, but he was busy and I was tired of clutter, so I took 5min draggin it to the door, then dragged it down the steps, pant pant, but to get it in the trash bin, I lifted it up and heaved it in, and I strained what FELT LIKE my band.. last night I had a hard time sleeping, I was having those pains around my band like I did right after surgery. Not sure what that means. I took advil, even though I know NSAIDS are bad, but I knew it was a muscle thing. This morning the pain is gone, but last night I was miserable.

Had my morning banana.. got a potential new client today I'm running around for.. fingers crossed! I also have a v-8, I don't think I've been eating enough veggies, so thought this would be a good way to get some in..and this bottle is only 70 calories.. I didn't realize v-8 was so low in calories! If only I had worstershire sauce, pepper and maybe some vodka! Hah!

Wedding plans are great, EVERYTHING is taken care of except getting my sister's bridesmaid dress (we are going Tuesday), her shoes.. which we'll get then also, and we pre-rented the tux in vegas for my fiance, but we have to pick it up when we get there, and fingers crossed I measured him right. He was uppity when I did it, he wears size 36" waist pants.. but upon measuring him, his waist (where his pants fall) is 40". And he said, put 36", that's the pants I wear blah blah.. and I was like, they didn't ask your pants size it asks your WAIST size! So hrmph. Then we measured his 36" pants, and sure enough they were 40". I'm confused why that is now!

He's been making an effort to eat better lately. Like I said before I did surgery I was drinking half a case of normal mt. dew a day.. he drank the other half. he was still guzzling them up until about 2 weeks ago.. he said something about liking Water just as much, so I said lets keep cases of water then and no one drink cokes. Around same time Kroger had a crazy sale on Dasani water (one of my fav)..24pack case for 3.99. We bought 5 cases.. then mom saw them, thought of me and bought me another one! We're down to our last case..eek.

He has gained like 60lbs since I first met him (ahhh he was so muscular, he worked on his parents horse farm..now he's flabby). Last night we went to cracker barrel for dinner.. I had grilled catfish--anyone know if catfish is as 'good for you' as normal fish?? I don't like fish, but I like catfish.. --and he didn't get his usual-- one of the breakfasts, with extra gravy over everything and sweet tea.. He got the country fried steak with normal amount of gravy, potatos and a WATER! I didn't even have water, I had unsweet tea lol.

I asked him why he got water, which is a first for him at a restaurant.. he said "I'm trying to eat better".. aww. And like I said before, when I cook, I've started serving him smaller portions.. still more than 'normal', but a lot less than I use to. Maybe one day he'll join me in the gym... maybe not.

<p>mdrai-sorry about your weight gain..I know it has to suck...but, it will sart going down again, so chin up!!</p> <p> </p> <p>Tracy-any special plans for your vacation? Don't forget what Terri said about having liquids & mushies after your PB episode! I did not know about that until she mentioned it to me.</p> <p> </p> <p>Laura-did you call the dr about the pain in your band from lifting that heavy bag (shame shame shame)</p> <p> </p> <p>adorable-what a great attitude to have! you are right, tomorrow is a brand new day!!</p> <p> </p> <p>Well, for fathers day my husband and I are planning on taking all three kids (12, 7 and 3) to Minute Maid Park to watch their first Astros game in person. They have never been to the ballpark so they are so excited! my 3 year old should be OK as long as the food and money doesn't run out. I have already told my DH to only expect 4 or 5 innings out of the 3 year old....have I lost my mind buying those tickets or what? Well, I will never know how she does unless we bring her, so keep your fingers crossed. The past couple of games we watched on TV I have told her "see all the people sitting down in the seats? We have to stay in our seats too or the people will make us leave, and we don't wanna leave, do we?" "no ma'am" she says. </p> <p>Thank God it is dollar sundae day....Iwish it would have been dollar hotdog day too, but can't win 'em all!!</p> <p>I will check in later...til then, take care!!</p>

The past couple of games we watched on TV I have told her "see all the people sitting down in the seats? We have to stay in our seats too or the people will make us leave, and we don't wanna leave, do we?" "no ma'am" she says.

LOL TracyK.. if only it was that easy huh?