Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Morning everyone

KAT - my thoughts and prayers are with you and Rick today

I had to laugh a little about the little one, I know it is not funny but I can just see it. MY 3 year old is out of control with jumping and we spend lots of time in time out to get up and start all over. My boy is 40lbs and I always thing that is what keeps him from getting very hurt - i'm usually having a stroke watching him LOL

keep us posted. HUGS

mmmmmmmmmmm Tequlia... I love that stuff but not a sip of anything for 8 weeks. I am going to hold out as long as i can.

It is beautiful here today, or suppose to be anyway- i'm going on my interview, and going to mow part of my back yard and take a nap in the sun! Must hit the gym today too. This is an absoutely crazy couple of weeks and things are getting out of control here.

Kat -- my good thoughts & prayers for you & Rick today! ((hugs))

Jennifur -- you're right... this is your week! Great things are happening for you, you "perfect lapband patient!" :)

Pam -- sounds like you had a great day... hope your head's ok when you awake!

I think I pulled something during the night last night... I remember trying to roll over and going "ow!"... this a.m. my right side near where I think something is in there ( my port?) hurts... inside... weird...

Make it a great day, everyone!

<p>Good morning everyone!</p> <p>Yesterday the A/C was broke at work, so I did what I had to do and then came home. Was doing some house cleaning and I bnt over to pick up a papertowel....WHAM, I strained a neck muscle OOWWIIIEEEE!!!</p> <p>Now I am sitting here with my neck and shoulder killing me. So, I am going into work late because I am going to my Chiro's office and sit there until he can see me. Weird how the slightest wrong movement can knock you on your a$$.</p> <p>Take care everyone and wish me luck at the Dr office...</p>

Michelle - yes, nice to hear but I have to tell you, after hovering for 4 weeks not loosing an ounce, it was frustrating that I lost 6lbs since friday when I've been waitinig for a fill. I can drink a gallong of Water without a problem. LOL

So I'm watching the today show, all about that ALLI pill. They are doing a great thing with it, telling people about the side affects and how it needs to be use intead of just doing a commercial saying it will make you thin. They are also saying get off you butt and exercise. LOL something we all know

anyway... any thoughts on this stuff????? topic of today LOL

Good Morning Violets~

I will try to watch the Today show later...it is only 6am here. I've never heard of the Alli pill???

I laughed out loud when I re read my post last night. Aren't there rules about drinking and posting? Anyway, I feel great, was up at 5:30! HAPPY FIRST DAY OF SUMMER! I am sore because we were in the pool all day. What a day! That is why I don't drink...well usually about once a year, at this party.

I did not eat much, which is good. I had some bean dip, guacamole, some pieces of chicken and some nuts. Then I had a repeat of the meal later...i was starving from being in the pool all day. But, not too bad, and no sweets.

Have a great day everyone! TTFN

Today is a banner day for me!

1) It's my birthday.

2) Saw 195 on the scale this morning (it finally moved!)

3) That marks 20# total loss (31% of my goal)

4) Tomorrow I escape the heat and humidity of Houston and leave for Steamboat Springs with my girlfriends! :)

Hooray me!! I better go read my horoscope....the stars are all aligned nicely!

GOOD MORNING VIOLETS! Yes, I did the gym this morning! day 2! My thighs and arms feel it, but I am so proud of myself.. Yay ME!

Pamela: Baaaaaaaaaaaaad Te-kill-ya (what I call it since a run in with it in the 90's) :) shake it off and go do an EXTRA workout to cleanse those nasty toxins.. oh and Water, WATER, WATER today.

Jennifur: Good job on the school and possible job. You will be lucky if you only need a couple fills!

Kat: THOUGHTS, HUGS, and PRAYERS go out to you and Rick and (Kelsey) today!

TracyK: Hope the chiro pops you back into place!

Michelle: YUP bandster hell baby! Two weeks out and I was hungry as ever... stick it out and know that right now you are in healing mode.

Jane: I see your filled to 3cc's how are you feeling?????

Hope everyone has a great day.

I am getting a perm today........ (the first one in 8 years!) I hope I don't come out looking like a poodle... I told her a lose perm just to give my hair some life..... WISH ME LUCK!

Good Morning fellow Shrink'n Violets...

I know all our prayers are with Kat and Rick today.

Mdrai... hope you're feeling better today!

Jennifur...I just saw an advertisement for that pill in a magazine yesterday. First I had heard of it. I'll stick with my band though. I've tried all those pills and magic potions and none of them worked long term for me.

TracyK....good luck at the chiro today. Gotta watch out for those heavy paper towels!!!

Pam... enjoy your first day off of school! Congrats on the good eating choices!

Terry.. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!:happybday2:

Congrats on the weight loss too!!! I changed my ticker too. I was 3# less this morning after taking a Water pill last night. My ankles felt swollen so I knew it was time to take one. Looks like we are at the same weight now!!

DH and I are off to a neighboring town to meet up with our friend from Florida who had bypass surgery a year ago and has lost over 100#. We go and visit she and her DH each winter at their condo. I know we'll compare notes on our progress. She is in the same size as I am now and looked wonderful when we saw her last February. Can't wait to see her today!!

Everyone have a great day and remember to follow those bandster rules!!:cheer2:

Today is a banner day for me!

1) It's my birthday.

2) Saw 195 on the scale this morning (it finally moved!)

3) That marks 20# total loss (31% of my goal)

4) Tomorrow I escape the heat and humidity of Houston and leave for Steamboat Springs with my girlfriends! :D

Hooray me!! I better go read my horoscope....the stars are all aligned nicely!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :happybday2::happybday::):)

Enjoy your time with your friends!!!

Congratulations on your weight loss this far :clap2:

:cheer2::)

Tracy... we must have been posting at the same time!! Have fun today and let us know how your hair turns out!! Tracy with an afro might make for a good pic!! hehehe

:happybday2:Terry,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU...HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR VIOLET...HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!

Happy Birthday, Terry!!! And a lovely gift from the scale, too! Yay! Enjoy your girlfriend trip!!!

Tracy! A perm????? Yikes! That is one of my very few "life lessons to remember": NO PERMS. NEVER. EVER. It's one of those things that after years go by and I think to myself, "hmmm, I wonder if I should try a LOOSE perm... I'm sure the process has improved since my perm fiascos of the past..." that I shout to myself "NO, NO, NO!" Just NO. Never. Ever. But good luck to you! :) TAKE PICS!

Glad you're feeling fine, Pam!

Ok... my whining re: bandster hell is over. I hate it when I whine. It's not like I"m the only one who's ever had to go through this. So, here's the plan:

*Remember that this is a MAJOR learning process... it's not about just the food, but also finally, once and for all learning new behaviors and developing a new relationship w/food. Use this time for that.

*Walk every morning at the local park. (Doesn't sound like much but believe me it is a MAJOR milestone for me!)

*Write down everything I eat + track all nutritional values.

*Post a list on the 'frig w/what I can eat & how much -- if it's not on the list, I don't eat it!

*Eat the bandster way: Protein first, veggie carbs second; small bites; chew 30 times; pause between bites; 20-30 min meals.

*Drink Water, water, water as my main liquid.< /p>

*Stay off the scale. Weigh just once each week.

Anything else you can think of that I should add??

OH..... and get this.. we are going to family night at our 12 year olds boy scout camp TONIGHT.... boys' mom and her hubby and all ....... PERFECT time to unveil a brand new stinky perm RIGHT??? LOL

Man oh man I'm HUNGRY!