Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Terry...

My backyard is a work in progress!! The flower beds are finished as for lining and mulching. Now everytime we go I seem to find more plants I like and we end up buying and planting more and more!! DH is getting a little paranoid about going anywhere that sells plants. go figure.

Got the front yard trimmed and now after my lunch break, I'm out to trim the side yard and then I'll be done for a couple of weeks. DH is taking a short breather and then back outside so I can show him where to plant the newest additions. And yup... I'll take some pics so you can see all we've done.

Hey Violets~

Laura~ I am so sorry that happened. People should learn about karma before that disrespect other people things. I firmly believe that this will come back to them. Not that that helps, but, it does in small ways. Hang in there!

Kat~ You and your family are in my prayers too!

Judy~ I meant to post this yesterday, but I am still laughing about your xrated post. And yes, I can relate.

Terry~ I totally agree w/ the exercise thing. Even though I hate waking up at 5, I love walkin gout of the gym. There is a saying, "No one ever says, "I wish I didn't go to the gym this morning"." I need to do more at the gym, I do 3-5 miles on the bike, the machines, free weights, and just last week started doing 100 crunches again (used to do this before the band). It is the eating thing that is killing me. I am supposed to be on liquids again, but, I AM FREAKIN STARVING. Period, end of story, no getting around it. Before when I did liquids, I wasn't exercising. Now...something is different. So, I've unofficially advanced myself a little bit. Actually, I don't think I have restriction, or much of it. Today, I drank my shake, had total diarreah (sp), which is hard to do when you have 30 7th graders. I was so hungry...I am breaking down my room, moving books, desks, tables, etc. (LAST DAY OF SCHOOL IS TOMORROW!!!). Anyway, I told my aid to go to the grocery store and get me some chicken salad or tuna salad and pot.salad. I was fantasizing about going to Mc Donalds (and you all know how I feel about that place). She gets back and I eat 1/4 pound of a chicken ceasar and about 4 bites of pot. salad. I was still starving, but within the hour all of the 1/2 pound of chicken sal. I had no trouble eating...at all. Also, I could eat more. I will be careful but I just can't live on liquids like that now. I am more fit now, and far more active than before. I know, bad bad violet, not following the doctor rules. Not sure if I will confess either. I know that I don't have enough restriction to lose weight w/. ssssiiiigggghhhh!;)

There, I feel better. Confession is good for the soul!

TTFN

Laura,

That is TERRIBLE about your house! I would be so mad!!! I do remember when a friend of mine moved into a new subdivision, they did lock the house, but the key was in the mailboxes. I remember this friend and I taking a tour of all the houses that way. Of course we were very respectfull, but everyone knew where the keys were. That was about 15 years ago. I know I sound old when I say this, but there is just no respect these days for peoples things.

Jane

good evening friends............ as I type this I am sooooooooooo sleepy. I have decided to take the plunge and join a gym... I looked up our local place and it has a Zumba class on Thursday nights..... it also has a daycare.. (that was my big issue with curves) I need to be able to take my son with me so that that I don't have to deal with a grouchy man left at home........ :)

I know I could just go for a walk around the neighborhood, but th thought bores me to death....... I know if I was working out the weight would be coming off... and I would have more energy....

We are heading off for vacation next week, so I think I will wait til we come back.. but then am I just procrastinating AGAIN????

I had sloppy joe burger with a few crackers......... no bun,,,, but I am so full.. I have a few more minutes until I can drink anything so I popped in here. I need to get this butt moving.

Pam you are doing good! Have fun on the last day of school!!!!

I very rarely am at a loss for words...but I am in just a "blah" mood this evening. Mondays suck....thank goodness the work day part is over.

I will be glad when someone that does not know I have the band says something to me about my weight loss. When someone does, I think I will jump on whoever it is smother them with kisses :)

When that happens, I will know that I gave up hamburgers for a good reason....

Well, Shrink'n Violets... we made it through another day. Pam.. bet you can't wait until tomorrow comes. I remember counting down the days til school was out. Then counting the days until I retired. Now there is nothing to count except calories!!!

Well, I got the side yard trimmed and the Bobster planted all of my new plants. Everything looks so nice now. Our DS is getting married on the 23rd and the rehearsal dinner will be here so I have to make sure everything is looking spiffy for that.

I went to Curves and did my 30 minutes and then came home and jumped in the pool and did my Water aerobics. I'm gonna get this flab toned one way or another! Just finished my evening snack of sugar free pudding and tallied everything on mydailyplate.com I ended up with540 calories eaten today and then after deduction the exercise, it says I had net calories of 111. Yikes!!! And I don't feel hungry which is a good thing!!

I'm off to watch some tv and then off to bed. Everyone have a great night and remember to follow the ........... .......!:cheer2:

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DBF and I JOINED A GYM TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and get this........ my first workout is going to be....

TOMORROW morning.... I am setting the alarm for 4:30 a.m......

I can not believe I just typed that....

4:30 a.m. ..............

Wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!

Go Tracy, Go Tracy, Go Tracy!

I DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DBF and I JOINED A GYM TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and get this........ my first workout is going to be....

TOMORROW morning.... I am setting the alarm for 4:30 a.m......

I can not believe I just typed that....

4:30 a.m. ..............

Wooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooo!!

Go Tracy, Go Tracy, Go Tracy!

GO TRACY!! You're more dedicated than I am!! LOL

I ate taco salad for dinner...god I don't know but I feel like I'm slipping back to my old habits....I don't know how to overcome this! I'm not really hungry until I start to eat something that tastes good... :help:

hey everyone. I had a fantastic day

I got a call from a high class hotel I applied for a bartending job at and have an interview tomorrow. Then I went to lunch with some friends, had 1/4 cup of tuna, I could not eat anymore, and ran into a co-worker I have not seen since the fall, HE DIDN'T RECOGNIZE ME!!!! HOW ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC IS THAT. He told me he said could not be me then when he saw me again had to come see if it was, he was amazed, told me how fantastic I look and we actually chatted for a long time. Just friends, but boy did it feel great for a guy to say all that great stuff.

I am just getting home from bartending class. All I can say is OMG, on one hand what did I get myself into, on the other, there is no way I could do this without taking the course!!!!! We are going to learn 100 drinks by next thursday.... YIKES Keep your fingers crossed.

OH I also have 2 more job interviews this week 3 in total, 2 bartending and 1 doing mortgages, which i swore I would never do again, but if they pay me what I was making, I might take it to get caught up. I doubt they are going to offer me what I was making so i don't have to worry about getting back into that nightmare!

anyway, i hope everyone is having a good night. I'm off to pass out so I can get up and do it all over tomorrow.

Tomorrow is fill day, keep your fingers crossed for me!

Well Violets, It sounds like everyone is glad Monday is over!

Tracy, you'll do great working out tomorrow morning. You are much stronger than I am to be able to wake up at 4:30am. You go girl!

I saw a fellow bandster tonight for the first time in a month. She looks so awesome! She has been giving me her clothes as she shrinks out of them. Hopefully I'll be able to wear some soon.

Happy Tuesday to all!

Morning Violets

Well I don't know how but I am up and showered and ready to leave again in about 30 mins..

Reached my first mini goal this am! What a great feeling. Anyway, so very tired and have to go until midnight again tonight and have an interview at 9am tomorrow too. I think I'm going to take a great nap tomorrow LOL

Wow! What energy on here! You go girls! I am so impressed!!

Good luck today, Jennifur!!!

4:30am?? Yikes, Tracy!

Laura, SO sorry to hear about your house! What a shame. There's no way around that one... it just sux!

The scale is just creep, creep, creeping up in the wrong direction for me... I know it's cuz' of these mushies... I kept telling dh that the minute I put any food in my mouth I'd gain 10 lbs... I thought I was joking... sort of... bleh... soooooooo... in the true Violet tradition... I think that the time has come... to start... EXERCISING! There! I said it! Have I ever mentioned before that I am NOT an exerciser?? Oh dear. Well, let's amend that to say, until NOW I haven't been. So I will start by committing to walking at the park EVERY DAY this week. There. That shouldn't kill me! (lol!)

I did get a bit of exercise yesterday -- I had to stop by the elementary school to pick up something for PTA & there was a "wild animal" from the petting zoo across the street running around on the playground! From our vantage point it looked like a lemur or an anteater (not their lion, happily!)... so the cafeteria lady & I go out there to check it out & also keep an eye on it so that when the owners got there they knew where it was... it went over the fence into the neighboring farm's raspberry bushes... and stayed in there, luckily... so about 20 mins later the owners get there and the chase is on! They're trying to catch him in this big net & he's running away right at us and we're waving our arms to shoo him back toward them... too bad no one had a videocamera rolling! They finally got him & put him in a big dog carrier.... well, it turned out to be an animal I'd never heard of... a coatimundi... a large, racoon-like animal from S. America... interesting! See, sometimes you just don't know where the day will take you!

Enjoy wherever your days take you today, Violets!

Good morning Violets-

So, another day another dollar....ugh. :)

Judy....thanks for noticing :D (smoochsmoochsmooch...muuuuah) lol

Congrats on the gym joining Tracy....have FUN with it.

Jenn-good luck with everything :)

Everyone have a great day!!!