Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good morning violets!!

I am down 2 more pounds!! woohooo! YAY ME!!!

I don't have the strength this morning to mess with my ticker, so I will just do it later. I have had to redo that ticker so many times that I probably have about 50 passwords. :)

Gina-I always have a problem with eggs. I don't know why.

Denise-If I tried doing that zumba, they would have to call 911 for me.

Laura-OMG whata gorgeous ring.

TracyKS-yay for your restriction!! You know, we need about 1 or 2 more tracys in here to really confuse things. Talk about confusing someone enough for someone to go postal! You are looking great though.

Susan-EEK!! If I lost weight in my boobies I would have to resort to a training bra or bandaids. :)

Have a great day everyone.

269/257/226 today

Wow Jenn -- that IS wild!! .... and WONDERFUL!!! I'm all puffed up this morning and don't know why, except that it's about 190% humidity outside today here in sunny Houston. YUCK!! I hate the summers here! I'm heading for the gym in a bit and I plan to sweat all of this off. weights, cardio and sauna. That oughta do it!

I found out that my gym offers Zamba (?) once a week so I'm gonna give it a try sometime! Looks like a blast. I'm sure I'll make a total fool of myself but who cares? I'm not there to impress anyone.

Gina & Denise - Welcome to the world of restriction!

Small Bites, Chew Well, Eat Slowly.

Jennifur,

My Dr. told me at my fill appointment on may, 15 that I should have lost between 6-8 lbs when I come for my next appointment on 6/19. So if he is correct in his theory then you are right on target with the weight loss between fills.

TracyK - YIPEE... I think June is going to be our month ladies... we have had time to adjust and know what we need to do.

As for the training bra... I think I'm working on that too

Terry- I am in upstate NY and trust me, I know humidity and yesterday it was 95 with 100% humidity, and worked in the pizza shop in the back corner surrounded by 4- 500degree ovens, usually I gain from retaining and it takes me until Monday to get rid of all the bloat from Friday & Sat nights.

ard, Tues is my first fill, and my Dr. is very strict, I'm going to have to beg for one. If you are loosing he wont do it, and I was just at the nutritionist at his office 2 weeks ago and was hovering for weeks, and right before my appt I loose another 6lbs. As long as you are loosing 1-2lbs a week he wont do it, and even if you figure on average, I've lost over 3lbs a week if you do it that way. I love him, but he is tough. He thinks i'm hysterical so maybe I can play that card. He was cracking up when I had to ask/beg if I could leave my jewelery in the morning of surgery.

Ok. Here's my dark side talking:

This morning I weighed 199. Up 2#. Because of a crazy schedule this week and vacation I wasn't able to get to the gym but once. I see all you guys losing weight like crazy, visit the B&A thread, etc. and everyone is dropping LB's but me. I'm going to fail at this too. I'm so depressed. I want this weight gone and gone NOW. Why won't this freakin' scale MOVE dammit. I'll never be thin. I don't want to give up but I need more encouragement than this. I eat too much junk. I need to be more like Judy and Jenn. I need more discipline. I'm a big fat loser.

I need some serious head work today. Bleh.

This morning I weighed 199. Up 2#. Because of a crazy schedule this week and vacation I wasn't able to get to the gym but once. I see all you guys losing weight like crazy, visit the B&A thread, etc. and everyone is dropping LB's but me. I'm going to fail at this too. I'm so depressed. I want this weight gone and gone NOW. Why won't this freakin' scale MOVE dammit. I'll never be thin. I don't want to give up but I need more encouragement than this. I eat too much junk. I need to be more like Judy and Jenn. I need more discipline. I'm a big fat loser.

Terry - you are doing great. I was stuck for 4 weeks at 233-236 so I totally understand. I don't eat junk and stuck, so let me tell you how tempted I was to eat a big pc of bread or some pizza. Things happen that throw us off, so this week back to the gym. I have a friend who had surgery in March and has only lost 15lbs. Are you loosing inches? you must be working out... and look at it this way, you are toning up all that yuck! That is what I told myself, Slow and steady wins the race and will help you keep up with the loss.

I do know what you are talking about, I want it gone, sometimes I still have a hard time every seeing myself being thin. And why didn't I do the bypass? OK didn't do it because I wanted to do this healthy and try to avoid massive amounts of skin hanging.

Jennifur,

Can we get a break, not only do we get punished for not following the bandster rules, we seem to get punished for following them too. Lol. You are doing so well even if he wont give you the fill. You should be very proud of yourself.

Terry:

Have you read the bottom of your signature lately???

You're doing fine you have'nt gained what you have lost so you must continue to commit....:decision:

:girl_hug:

Good Morning Violets~

I just got home from the gym! Yes, on a Saturday! And the 4-5 pounds I had gained on thursday...gone. I am officially back at 23 down since surgery! I knew my period messed me up. Plus I've been on liquids since Thursday (1 full day) and I feel skinny...haha, still have lots to lose. Talking about boobies, mine look like flat pancakes today:faint:! What happened?????

Terry~I know how you feel. We all travel to "the dark side" from time to time. Try putting on 4-5 pounds this week! I felt like shit. And that is after doing 2 full workouts on Tuesday, and walking around Knotts all day Wed. (I am counting that as a workout...I mean we walked allllll day). You my dear violet sista are entitled to feel like this once in a while. I think you are feeling down because of the lack of exercise. The endorphines or whatever it is that make us feel soooo great when we exercise.

After all we've been through together (all of us), in so many ways we know each other better than family and friends. It is here where you can say how you feel...and it is here where you'll find people to pick you up. It is happening...some days/ weeks better than others. I am sending you a big fat cyber hug!!!

Ok violets, gonna get ready for my pedi and a fun day w/ my partner. She will be gone for 2 1/2 weeks, then I am gone a week:cry. It will be a tough 3 weeks, but I am thinking about how skinny I am gonna be when I see her again (there is somthing to say about full liquids:D).

Have a great day!

Terri: GO back and look at YOUR ASS in the pictures you posted a few pages back and then tell me you NOT losing! YOU ARE SHRINKING IN INCHES and you are building muscle from all the work outs......... LOOK at how different the back of your shirt looks in the same clothes you started out in...I see a baggy white shirt now where before I saw stretch. We all know Muscle weighs MORE than fat. Fat is fluffy and puffy and muscle is Lean and compact.... YOU WILL NOT FAIL at this! GET OUT OF THAT FUNK woman... this is a LIFE RIDE and baby your on it. HaVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

good morning!!!

I'm going to have to get up earlier in the am. You girls start up with the chickens. If I'd go to bed at night I could get in 2 workouts a day.

I'm so excited! :target: After 3 long weeks of nothing I finally lost :lost2lbs:I had a fill on Tuesday and I am finally feeling restriction and all is right in the world (today).

Gotta go I have to bake a graduation cake(s) for a 120 people this afternoon.

:girl_hug: yeah me!!!

I was born with saggy girls!!! they will just get longer and longer as my weight drops, but that is why I'm starting a ps wish fund NOW...... if I have to choose to only have ONE surgery, it will be my batwings....

Saggy boobs + good bra

Saggy tummy + support swimsuits and clothes

Saggy legs + non stretch jeans and support undergarments.....

We shall see when I actually get there, but truthfully right now I can't even picture myself getting that thin......... Thin for me is in the 170's, that is why I put my goal in the 160's......... we will reevaluate once there.

I'm getting ready to head off to a family reunion.. my dads side, and I'm sure that my dad and step mom have told everyone about my band surgery... so I KNOW WHAT I'LL be DOING ALLLLLLLL afternoon..... lapbandtalk in the real life.

Hi Violets,

Terri I know your pain! I have have been doing one week loss one week stay same, that fear of this not working starts as a whisper and ends up a scream, just tell it to shut up and take it one day at a time. You are doing great and normal life will have us bouncing back and forth between a couple of pounds. Keep to the banster rules and you will pull out of this!

Theresa

Looks like all the Shrink'n Violet cheerleaders have come to the aid of Terry.. and for good reason. TERRY!!! WOMAN.. look at your pictures!!! Look how great you're doing!!! You are not at the end of this lap band journey, you are a work in progress and you are progressing beautifully!! MUSCLE does weigh more than fat.. that's a fact, Jack. Soooooo anyone who has been working out as much as you have will have new muscle and thus the increase in pounds. You're losing inches and believe me, that's just as important as losing pounds! We all should use our measuring tapes as much as we use our scales. That would be an eye opener!

And Terry... yes, you are a big fat loser.. just like all the rest of us.. and isn't that what we want to be???? LOSERS!! in the best sense of the word. So get that chin up, shoulders back and face today for what it is.. a brand new day with new opportunities and new possibilities. YOU'RE DOING IT !! If you need more encouragement, just look at YOUR B&A pictures again.