Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

Good morning everyone!!

I am still stuck at 228...that bites. But, I would rather stand still than to gain. I am still "full of it"...tmi for you all I am sure, sorry. But I know I am going to drop the pounds once I get some Fiber sure in my system :)

Laura-what a beautiful dress and shoes!! You must be SO excited!

TracyKS-you crack me up!! I have the batwing thing going too. I have a phobia of short sleeves.

Pam-The 5 lbs is probably Water weight, so don't sweat it....well, actually, do sweat it...lol then, no more problem!!

Take care & have a great day everyone!!!

TGIF!!!!!!!

Laura~ LOVE THE DRESS!!! A friend of mine was too tall for her dress. She got some cute white Keds (or any little tennis shoe would work), and decorated them with glitter pens and ribbon laces that matched her color scheme. She danced all night and said that her wedding shoes were her best decision, her feet never hurt once! Just thought I'd share.

Good Morning Everyone,

Is anyone else having problems updating their ticker? It will not change mine. No more PMS. I want to show my new 6lbs loss. lol.

<p>Okay it did work when I posted last message. I thought it wouldnt because it kept saying session halted when I was updating ticker.</p> Trying to get my BMI in the 30s.

Good Morning fellow Shrink'n Violets!!

It's FRIDAY.. that means the weekend is upon us. Oh wait.. I'm retired and every day is a weekend. :)

I'm still feeling no restiction so I'm guessing another fill is in order when I go back to the doc on the 2nd of July. Bummer... I did so well without a fill, I was hoping a fill would really make a difference. But if I can hit 1-2 pounds a week off, I'll be very satisfied since I know it won't be coming back on without a complete collapse of my will power!!

Had my scrambled egg beater with fiber sure this morning and am now sipping on my icy cold lemonade CL. Life is good! We had a heck of a thunderstorm last night. But at least it cooled it off a bit here. It's going to be in the low 70's today instead of the high 80's we had yesterday.

Laura.. my DD got lacy white wedge flip flops to wear at the reception. She needed the flip flops so she could be comfortable and she needed the height of the wedge since her husband is 7 feet tall and she's 5'8". They had a great time at the reception and danced the night away. It was so much fun to watch them.

ARD.. congrats on the great weight loss!!!

TRACYK... you might want to try a glass of prune juice to get the system going again. Just a suggestion.

KAT.. that's quite the adventure you guys have been on for the last 15 years!!! Congrats on finally getting it settled and coming out a winner!!

TERRY... congrats on the "muscular victory"!! Yer gonna be one buff babe soon!!

PAM... I can't believe you had to go through all that for a fill!! My whole fill procedure took maybe 3 minutes tops!! And I was on liquids for 24 hours only. You're gonna lose weight this week for sure!!

Everyone have a great day and remember to follow those bandster rules!!:cheer2:

GOOD MORNING ALL!!!!!!!!!!! TGIF!

I am down .2 of a pound and I AM CLAIMING IT! :)

I fixed a salad for today's lunch..... 2 hb eggs, shredded cheese, cherry tomatoes and green leaf lettuce...... w/ranch. We shall see how it goes, and if it sustains me.

Kat: Congrats on the court win! The last cs from my sons bio, I recieved was in April $12.53, but I don't care.... if the arrest warrants keep him away then I'm good. We saw him painting a church two weeks ago, his back was to us, but I swear he looked like he'd lost 100'lbs... a Sturgis Shirt that I bought him YEARS ago was on his back and it was a 3x that his belly stuck out the bottom....... (he USED to be 6'7" and near 400 lbs).. carrying most in his gut..... anyway this same shirt literally HUNG off his shoulders.... I had to do a double take to make sure it was him and dbf confirmed it........ The woman he has been with since I kicked him to the curb 3 years ago is apparently a known druggie and I guess it must be true.. DBF joked... "Hey maybe he got banded!" LOL............ I said "yeah right... and maybe he joined weight watchers too! Does crack have a points value?" and no the boys weren't in the truck with us.. so I could be a smart ass. :)

Ok... I gotta get some work done........

Judy: I will try to follow the bandster rules! :girl_hug:

I originally wanted to do ballet slippers for wedding shoes.. because I am 6'0 and fiance is 5'11. I don't need heels and towering over him with all those people.. but since we're doing the small intimate wedding, and he loooves that I'm taller (and he loooves when I wear heels-which is SO rare).. so I'm going to wear those heel shoes.. and since my feet show anyway, I want them to be sexy shoes :) After the wedding, I'll be changing out of it anyway since we're not having a reception. We'll probably go to a nice dinner with the people that are coming (mostly family) and I can change into comfy shoes then (and dress). I bought a pretty white crochet dress from Lane Bryant to wear afterward. I'm very excited.. can't wait to be in vegas, we had to skip this year (since we normally go every February) due to finances.

Dyeable Shoe Company:Wedding Shoes: Prom Shoes: Evening Shoes: Bridesmaid Shoes: Bridal Shoes: Catalog that's where I got them (they have the wide widths), the ribbon ones aren't wide width, but they're completely lace up so I can make them fit.

I envy you people that work out. I can't quite bring myself to do it yet. I do walk, and I do things to get extra exercise anywhere I can.. (standing instead of sitting when I'm doing housework, parking farther away, 'browsing' more when I have to go to stores) and I play outside with the dog, and I do my little gazelle.. but I know it's not high impact and maybe that's why I was 302.5lb last night :)

I could not update the ticker this am... but I woke up so very excited... 229!!!!YIPEE, got over the hump to the next 10's...

Just got back from 1 1/2 Water aerobic class. I did 1 class then stayed for 1/2 of the next , when they cooled down from cardio part i left.

Laura - I was jealous last month, but I could not do it at that point either, I did the same thing you are doing, park far away, stairs.... but on June 1 I got up and decided it was time. You will get there

TracyK - fiber sure worked for me, I felt so much better today... I know TMI but what can you do.

I hope everyone has a great day, going to get my pool cleaned from all the leaves this am then off to work at the pizza shop... of course it got hot and humid here again today, just in time for me to work in 100 degree place.

Sara Mos -- Where are you??? :)

You haven't posted since 5/28!! Let us know how you're doing, sweetie!

Morning Violets~

I miss Sara too. I hope she pops in and reads us from time to time. We miss you violet!

Well, in 15 minutes I am taking my 7th graders to an AIDS/HIV sex ed presentation.:omg: Every year, afterwards, they act like grown up afterwards...sometimes too grown. Anyway, gotta love it. Actually, in the age we live in, they know alot more than we did. Thanks to the internet, sex is everywhere. 2 years ago, I had a boy ask me, "Can you get a girl pregnant doing it in the butt?" Worst part, is that he was totally serious, so I had to be. I looked at him, and calmly replied, "No, why do you think you can't?" He paused and said, "because there is no egg in the butt." There you go.

I have pretty good restriction this morning, plus bruising and cramps (basically feel like shit today). I am 1/2 way through my Protein Shake, and it has been a 1/2 hour already.

Ok, off to sex ed. Funny story, last night in my support group, this lady said, "This is how I decided to get the band. I was having sex w/ my husband, and I was on top, and he asked, "are you done yet, I can't breathe"!" We all laughed so hard I had tears.

TTFN

I do things to get extra exercise anywhere I can.. (standing instead of sitting when I'm doing housework, parking farther away, 'browsing' more when I have to go to stores) and I play outside with the dog, and I do my little gazelle.. but I know it's not high impact and maybe that's why I was 302.5lb last night :)
Girlfriend!! Don't EVER weigh yourself at night!! Your lowest weight will almost always be 1st thing in the morning. Tee hee - the only reason I ever weigh at night is to get an idea of what I'll weigh the next morning!!! (weird) I usually lose 2# overnight. :nervous Don't worry about getting all gung-ho with the exercise right now. You just do the best you can and when you're ready, you'll do it!! Maybe after the honeymoon or another 20#....whenever you're ready. You've already taken an amazing step towards better health and that'll be the next one...in time.
I could not update the ticker this am... but I woke up so very excited... 229!!!!YIPEE, got over the hump to the next 10's...

Just got back from 1 1/2 Water aerobic class. I did 1 class then stayed for 1/2 of the next , when they cooled down from cardio part i left.

CONGRATULATIONS, JENNIFUR!!! 229!!!! :high5::dance::whoo:

I know that must feel GREAT!! It won't be long at all before you say goodbye to the 2's forever. Isn't that amazing!? Be careful with that exercise stuff....you'll be addicted very soon!!

KITY - Congratulations on your 1st fill!! Man, your doctor is strict with the post-fill diet!!! Well, judging from my experience since my second fill, it's probably not such a bad idea. I'm 2.5 weeks out and my tummy is just now settling down, I think. PB's are no fun.

Hope you all have a great day!!

Terry

You silly girl... I am already addicted. hehehehe

I was like that before too, lost 50lbs but was there every day. It feels so great, first couple of days I thought I was going to drop dead on the spot but getting better.

229 does feel great, dropping down to below 230 has been very trying, but now that I did it - it will be a matter of days and I'll stay strong in the 220's. maybe it is a mental thing with me, but I've always been that way.

Hello Violets! I went ahead and ate a tad bit of pork steak for Breakfast (around 9:30 a.m) Now it is 12:00p and I'm still pretty full.. my brain is saying......... TRACY its PAST TIME FOR LUNCH! (I'm trying to ignore it and see how long I can hold out for my salad)

Also... does anyone know WHY it may take 1 or 2 weeks to feel restriction? Does it take that long for the saline to settle in the band or what???? I may go to the support page and do a search....

Have a great rest of the day.. I'll be back.

Wow! It has taken me hours to catch up on all the posts!! I have several comments:

Laura, your dress and shoes are lovely and I just know you are going to have a wonderful wedding. I am so happy for you!!

Jen, I have always thought it would be fun to be a bartender. I wish you the best of luck with it. Also, great job on the exercise!!

I saw my doctor yesterday and got a fill. He didn't numb me and it didn't hurt at all. He only gave me 1cc and I have a 10cc band. I felt some restriction last night at dinner but don't feel any today. I hope it kicks in soon! I have an appt to go back in 2 weeks if I need more. He stressed the importance of exercising for at least 30 minutes a day so today I finally did! I did 15 minutes on my eliptical, rested, and then did 15 more. It will take me a while, but I will eventually get in shape!

I totally understand how some of us are feeling down and depressed at times and it is so great to know that I am not the only one! This is such a great place to be encouraged!!!!

Hello Violets! I went ahead and ate a tad bit of pork steak for breakfast (around 9:30 a.m) Now it is 12:00p and I'm still pretty full.. my brain is saying......... TRACY its PAST TIME FOR LUNCH! (I'm trying to ignore it and see how long I can hold out for my salad)

Also... does anyone know WHY it may take 1 or 2 weeks to feel restriction? Does it take that long for the saline to settle in the band or what???? I may go to the support page and do a search....

Have a great rest of the day.. I'll be back.

Tracy... I'd like to know too. I don't feel any difference post fill and was hoping for something just to feel the difference. I tried eating at my pre band speed and I was able to eat my 1/4 tuna salad, 1/4 red pepper, 1/2 cup diced peaches and a lo fat tapioca pudding in about 10 minutes. Yes, I feel full now, an hour later, but didn't while eating. I could have eaten that much again had I not had the will power to stop. If you find anything out about that, let me know. I just assumed the restriction would be immediate.