Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

WHEW!

We went and tried on wedding dresses today.. and we, I mean me and my mom watched. She took pictures.. SIGH.. I really wanted pics of that.. ends up she didn't know what she was doing and we didn't get any pics.

I was just trying on to see how things fit, so I could order my dress online.. well, it ended up by 3rd dress (I was sweating like a stuck pig in there, I look horrid, the lady kept handing me tissues). We all liked it, I was tired, and we decided on it. I wanted long bell sleeves, but more I think about it, that would just be more heat for a July wedding!

David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns 9V9010 Satin A-line with removable cap sleeves, chiffon split front, and metallic embroidery.

that's the one I got. It looks better in person, or maybe just better on me than the model.. I'm more busty so it curves nicely. Got the veil, and a corset thing.. I said my bra is a 46D.. by time we left, she had me squeezed into a 42C.. I was like oooook. She tried putting me into a 40B.. hrm. The b's, I couldn't even see the cups under my boobs LOL!

She said I'm not suppose to be comfortable, so 42C it is.

I do like it, but I am so tall, my feet showed in every gown, and she said they don't have enough time to alter it to make it longer :)

So we took off the petticoat and the one we bought barely covers my feet, but if I move you see them.. oh well I guess. I already ordered shoes ---

http://www.discountweddingshoes.com/images/amber.jpg

I need to pick out a tiara and jewelry.. david's bridal is so overprices, the tiaras were starting at $150.. I can find them online for 1/3 of that, and it INCLUDES matching jewelry.

Got home, was really tired, had to clean the litter boxes, feed the cats..

Weighed myself.. and I'm up to 302.5!!! WHY?!

I'm a little bummed right now.

I love the dress!!! Especially the little cap sleeves. You made a great choice! Love the fun shoes too.

Have you tried ebay for tiaras?? My DD had what we laughingly call her "online" wedding. She got her flowers, tiara, dress, veil, gloves and pew decorations online. Everything was beautiful and the dress only had to have one slight alteration. She said she wanted to be a "princess" and she definitely was.

My daughter is hooked on CL too. I will not buy anymore soda so she tried it now I have to stash me a few away when I open the box. Someone was telling me that too much CL isn't good for you. Have anyone heard this before? They probably just wanted my bottle for themself. lol

Laura -sounds like you got a LOT done today!! I absolutely LOVE the dress!!! I can't wait to see your wedding pictures! Did you find a hotel/venue for the wedding?

Oh, I also bought these shoes.. for fun in Vegas. :)

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/dyeableshoecompany_1948_3162761

Comes with 13 different color ribbons you can change out.

Also bought my sexy bridal lingerie.. woowoo.

Laura:

Love the dress and I think the shoes are perfect with it.

The ribbion shoe is cute. What's the name of that company? or their complete web address?? I'd like to look at thier catalog.

I've had an exercise victory this week...a major milestone! The other day my trainer put me thru a tricep and back workout and I didn't get sore from it!! Compared to the first few weeks when I was crippled after every workout this is really incredible to me! That's progress, right?? I'm lovin' it! :)

Jane watch your US mail. I sent you your list today. Hopefully you'll get it tomorrow. Sorry it took so long.

Laura,

The dress and shoes look great!!! The ribbon shoes are adorable!!! Be glad you are 23!! I don't think my feet could handle those shoes after 44 years of all this extra weight!!!

Went out to dinner tonight with a friend, ordered a margarita, and couldn't finish it! Then I ordered a salad and ate a small but okay amount, it is going to take a few days to get use to this much restriction. I am very very very lucky my Dr. believes in giving me a lot!! I think she is also secretly hoping that if I lose some extra weight, the problem that I am having with my hernia repair might lessen.

Have a good night and once again Laura glad everything is back on track for you!!!

Jane

Laura, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the dress!!!! I can't wait to see your pictures of you in it. With your coloring to highlight the white, I agree, you will look wonderful!!!

We had a busy day, began it by branding bulls----nasty tempered beasts!!! Then we bucked bales, and stacked it into the lower barn. Then I had an "exchange of words" with my DIL....!!! Nothing real serious, but enough to irritate me. I got past it, and we all went to dinner together tonight...ourDD and her family, and the DS and his family. Once again the DIL ended up on my sh*t list! She lets my poor grandson do anything...and I do mean anything, he throws food, and hissy fits, is not pleasant to be around, and that just makes me feel so sad/mad. I want to tell her being a Mother is more than childbirth, and loving him, is not just letting him do any damn thing he wants! Oh well.....I keep hoping it will change, but it doesn't.

TracyK---great pics, you can easily see the change. I am built just like you, skinny legs, no butt---but the top half more than makes up for it. I have lost wonderfully in the lower half. From a 22/24 pants, to loose 14's. But my tops have only gone from a 28/30---to some 18/20's, but occasionally I still have to buy 22's. I can now wear mens XL though....finally. I began this at a 46 to a 48 DDD. Now I am in a 40DD...when I get done, I expect to be in a 38 LONG!!!!!

Haydee if I could give you some to balance you out we could make a trade!!! We are all built so differently!!!

I have had my 2 fills, and never had anything to numb it. My first fill was unreal, I cannot count how many times I was poked! My fill Dr.'s office was in transition, in the process of moving to a newly constructed office/surgical center. He poked me a bunch of times, and finally gave up, and filled out paperwork for me to go to the hospital---as his machinery for the fluoro, was moved already. Before we went, he was going to try to fill my SIL, and her port was easy to find. She carried all her weight in her hips and thighs----he got it first try! So since we were banded by the same Dr. he decided to take a chance and hit me in the same spot....and he got it! Then I had to go have it looked at (on his dime) to make sure it was all ok...and it was. So I thought the 2nd fill would be simpler, and it was, he only had to hunt through 4-5 pokes!!! But it still wasn't ever a big deal, I must just be a tough old broad. We always go shopping, and then have a 5-6 hour drive home.

I really need to do some laundry tomorrow, and get ready to pack things for out trip to get Rick's procedure done. I found a couple of books and stashed them to the side, so I can read. Also going to take the laptop----most hospitals have WIFI so I should be able to log on, and let you know how it goes.

Rick's ex wife has hassled us for YEARS over $$$ she feels she is owed for back support, and settlements. He lost vision in one eye due to a work accident the same day the judge signed their divorce decree. She has fought it all the way to the NM Supreme Court, trying to get part of his settlement. Then she has filed saying that our RV rentals were up and running back when the kids were under age and we paid support....even though they lived with us 5 out of 7 days a week! The incomes were so different, we still ended up paying her so she could have acceptable quarters for them to stay in during her weekends (which she seldom took them). Anyway, she has been doing collection calls for this attorney for several years, (as well as other companies), so he represents her free of charge, so we have been in court with her for years, over one issue or another. We on the other hand have not had free representation---and have spent over $60 K defending ourselves!!! Yep 60K. So today we finally paid off our attorney, and got some cool news. Back in 1995 her attorney sent ours a filing, that our attorney researched and replied to, only to have the courts ask what it was---her attorney had claimed to file it and had not. The court fined the attorney $1600.00, and made her liable for our attorney fees acrued in responding, which was originally $1300.00. Well he put a lien on her home, because she never paid it. When we paid off the remaining $7000. yesterday, he told us WE get the lien!!!! It has been adding interest for 12 years. She used to tell us not to get to comfy in our new house, she would be the one living in it soon. So I find it highly ironic that now WE hold a lien on HER house!!! Just to clarify---she left with one of Rick's best friends, left both kids....and was gone for 4 years, before returning. Then the courts gave her joint custody! Go figure!!! Anyway---I am breathing a huge sigh of relief, no more payments to an attorney, which we have done for 15 years! AND we have her where she cannot sell, refinance, use her home as collateral---nothing. Meanwhile, the kids she has been battleing about their Child support----are now 27 and 24!!! We have property that we worked for years to improve, and install septic systems, and electrical poles, and Water lines...so we could rent out lots for RV's or small trailers. We had it up and were renting lots for a couple of years before the youngest was 19 (we had to pay through their 18th year). So she has been fighting to get her share of what we made on that. So she has sued us and my inlaws repeatedly over it. I am so glad to be free!!!!!! Sue me again witchy poo, and we will foreclose so fast your head will explode!!!

Sorry for going on forever, this has just been a huge damper on our lives, and it is now behind us. When the Supreme Court of NM handed down our win, there is nowhere else for her to appeal! She may find a new loop she tries, but now we too have leverage!

Tracy---be cautious...if restriction hits suddenly, you will not be able to eat even half of the burger you used to!!!

OK, off to catch up some emails----Hugs to everyone!!! I will check in when I can!

Kat

WHEW!

We went and tried on wedding dresses today.. and we, I mean me and my mom watched. She took pictures.. SIGH.. I really wanted pics of that.. ends up she didn't know what she was doing and we didn't get any pics.

I was just trying on to see how things fit, so I could order my dress online.. well, it ended up by 3rd dress (I was sweating like a stuck pig in there, I look horrid, the lady kept handing me tissues). We all liked it, I was tired, and we decided on it. I wanted long bell sleeves, but more I think about it, that would just be more heat for a July wedding!

David's Bridal - Bridal Gowns 9V9010 Satin A-line with removable cap sleeves, chiffon split front, and metallic embroidery.

that's the one I got. It looks better in person, or maybe just better on me than the model.. I'm more busty so it curves nicely. Got the veil, and a corset thing.. I said my bra is a 46D.. by time we left, she had me squeezed into a 42C.. I was like oooook. She tried putting me into a 40B.. hrm. The b's, I couldn't even see the cups under my boobs LOL!

She said I'm not suppose to be comfortable, so 42C it is.

I do like it, but I am so tall, my feet showed in every gown, and she said they don't have enough time to alter it to make it longer :)

So we took off the petticoat and the one we bought barely covers my feet, but if I move you see them.. oh well I guess. I already ordered shoes ---

http://www.discountweddingshoes.com/images/amber.jpg

I need to pick out a tiara and jewelry.. david's bridal is so overprices, the tiaras were starting at $150.. I can find them online for 1/3 of that, and it INCLUDES matching jewelry.

Got home, was really tired, had to clean the litter boxes, feed the cats..

Weighed myself.. and I'm up to 302.5!!! WHY?!

I'm a little bummed right now.

Laura,

LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress! It is SO beautiful!!! You're going to make a stunning bride!!!!

Hey everyone~

Wow, what a weird experience a fill is. I mean, it is no big deal, but just weird.

He numbed me thank goodness. He couldn't find "it" at first, then had to use a longer needle (probably because of my BIG FAT TUMMY, duh). W/ the long needle he found it right away. I sat up and he did this in and out thing w/ me drinking sips between. When I was too tight, I could feel the cold Water coming back and hitting the back of my throat. This went on for a bit, then he had me drink a Protein Shake, and made some more adjustments as we talked about the "kickback" I was feeling. He was pleased w/ 1cc. He left the needle in for about 10 min, to make sure I wasn't nauseated or had any trouble.

I am sore now, numbing is long gone. I am on full liquids FOR A WEEK, then puree'd for a week, soft, etc. That sucks so bad...but I am ready to really drop some the next few weeks...w/ working out too.

So back to the "drawing board"...and no cocktails at the end of the year party:(, but I am ready to drop some before I turn 40!

Have a great night!

oh yeah...i gained 5 freaking pounds since last time i was there. I knew i was "doing some damage" as Terry put it, but 5 pounds. I did start my period today, so that could be a couple...but still.

FattyMcFatFat...back away from the candy!

oh yeah...i gained 5 freaking pounds since last time i was there. I knew i was "doing some damage" as Terry put it, but 5 pounds. I did start my period today, so that could be a couple...but still.

FattyMcFatFat...back away from the candy!

that is so funny, FattyMcFatFat.... I went from 231 to 237 last week when I got my period, I almost had a breakdown. I am not going to update my ticker until Monday, but this am I was 229!!!! so happy, and is getting me motivated to get to the gym this am, going to do 2 aqua aerobics today if I can get my but up.

I love the Fiber sure, I think it might be working! LOL

Kat, wow, that must have been horrible. I hate family court and I am the nice one... I am owed 1500 in arrears, it took so long to get a decision (over a year) for daycare! and I agreed to $5 a week towards that, and he makes good money! but it is the most stressful thing ever

Terry - Congrats on the workout. I can't wait to add more stuff in but I'm following trainers rules.