Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shrinking Violets -- April 07 Bandsters

A funny thing about my 'restriction'.. I'm not a Breakfast eater regardless, sometimes I bring a banana or some kind of snack in the morning just to get me going.. but normally I don't eat till lunchtime. But when I eat at lunchtime, I can never eat much.. me and fiance go to lunch around work (normally TGIFriday's or Olive Garden), I can only eat 1/5th of whatever I get and get the rest to go.. and I'm full until about 7pm.. Around 7pm every day, I am hungry and can eat anything I want.. literally. If I told you all I was able to eat last night after 7pm you'd go 'OH MY GOD' :) It's like I don't even have the band by time I get off work.

That's where I need restriction. But I don't quite get why most of the day I'm restricted and full but by end day I'm hungry and no restriction whatsoever.

I'm praying that in the next 2 weeks the fill kicks in and I am restricted at night.

This morning I brought my banana to work, and it took a lot of effort to get it all down..good.. just went to lunch, ate 1/5th of it and it was an effort to get that much down..good.. but I know come dinner time, I'll be able to gorge. Dammits.

Just a perspective check.. I ate badly yesterday.. I haven't been doing myplate anymore due to laziness or forgetfulness.. So I did yesterday's just to see what kind of damage I did.

My goal is 1200 calories in a day.. according to metabolism breathing test thing I did, if I ate under 3,000 calories I will lose weight.

From all my overeating yesterday, my caloric intake total was: 1,633

So that is a boost to my self esteem. I did bad yesterday, I was sad that I was going to gain more weight on top of my night time weighing (BTW Thanks for the tip, I'm not weighing myself at night anymore!!!!),

but I can't 'gain' weight from having 1,633 calories. Whew.

Ok, back to lovin the band :)

Laura, my fill doctor told me that once we have adequate restriction that I will be tighter during the day and open at night. I didn't ask her why! I should have. She said that when I get good restriction the only thing that I will be able to get down in the morning will be a Protein Shake. I feel it a little bit now... in the mornings I usually have cottage cheese with fruit and I have to go slow or else it "backs up", but at night... whoa nelly... I can pretty much eat whatever I want. I'm not of course, but I could if I wanted to.

Well, I'm so glad it's Friday. I am leaving for San Diego, Monday morning to attend a QuickBooks user conference. Fun fun fun - not. I hope I get a little down time while I'm there so I can go to the beach. I just got a new bathing suit and my boyfriend says I look so slim in it. IMAGINE THAT. me, looking skinny in a BATHING SUIT. Ha! I think he is just being nice!

Tracy... I'd like to know too. I don't feel any difference post fill and was hoping for something just to feel the difference. I tried eating at my pre band speed and I was able to eat my 1/4 tuna salad, 1/4 red pepper, 1/2 cup diced peaches and a lo fat tapioca pudding in about 10 minutes. Yes, I feel full now, an hour later, but didn't while eating. I could have eaten that much again had I not had the will power to stop. If you find anything out about that, let me know. I just assumed the restriction would be immediate.

The way I feel restriction is more in the way solid foods won't go down like they used to... you are forced to take small bites and eat slowly. If you don't, you experience pain. I eat about a cup of food in about 20-25 mins. and it keeps me satisfied (not full) for about 3 hours...sometimes more. I have to keep reminding myself that I will never feel 'full' in the old sense again. The feeling I am going for now is satisfied.

Good point terri :)

I think I need to keep revamping my old habits.

By the way.....Is anyone else just suddenly now grossed out by how much food people put away?? You know, sitting at the table with family or friends? My husband has always been a (ahem) "hearty eater"....he eats too much and way too fast....and it's all I can do to keep my mouth shut. I want to scream at him, "Look at all that damn food you are shoveling into your mouth!!!"

Yes.. and I do make comments to my fiance.

He orders appetizer, food, extras, etc.. and I will say something like 'that's a lot of food.. you don't need all that'. He ignores me, which is probably good.. no need to fight about it!

I made dinner last night and when I was making portions, for the first time ever I was also serving up an 'extras' container to go in the fridge from making pot roast (normally we can eat everything between us).

I gave myself a small serving, and gave him an average serving.. smaller than I normally would give him.. and put the rest up, so he didn't even notice. Ho hum :)

I did finally eat my salad about 12:30.... well.. HALF my salad, waited for a little over an hour before I took a drink of Water and right now I am down right FULL!

So today, I've had about 1/2 a porksteak and around 1.5 cups of loosely packed salad.... (2 hb eggs, 5 small grape tomatoes and shredded cheddar) THIS IS IT FOLKS! This MUST be restriction.

(oh and 1/2 a bite size scone)........... speaking of which did you know that 3 bite size scones are 260 calories! HOLY crap.. they are tiny... so half way through mine I gave it to my son....

Trying to follow the bandster rules like Judy! :)

So far

Hello Violets! I went ahead and ate a tad bit of pork steak for breakfast (around 9:30 a.m) Now it is 12:00p and I'm still pretty full.. my brain is saying......... TRACY its PAST TIME FOR LUNCH! (I'm trying to ignore it and see how long I can hold out for my salad)

Also... does anyone know WHY it may take 1 or 2 weeks to feel restriction? Does it take that long for the saline to settle in the band or what???? I may go to the support page and do a search....

Have a great rest of the day.. I'll be back.

My doc said that because air bubbles do tend to get into the tubing, the 1-2 week time (and us moving around) gives the Fluid that they inject time to redistribute itself fully into the band through all of the possible air bubbles...makes a little sense to me...I'd be interested in hearing other possible reasons!

Holy Moly!!!!!! I don't know if I have that much rythm (sp?)

Looks very fun though.....

I need to get my butt moving so I can catch up with you!

I could not update the ticker this am... but I woke up so very excited... 229!!!!YIPEE, got over the hump to the next 10's...

YAY Jenn!!! I know the feeling. I am SO happy for you!!

haydee-have a good time in San Diego!!

I PB'd at work today on broccoli. now I see why we should not eat it. but I love it so much!! Maybe I did not chew it well enough. I have eaten it before and it went down just fine. Now liquids & mushies again...OMG. :rolleyes

By the way....is it just me or is it really exciting to buy smaller underwear? Mine are too big so I am having to buy smaller ones. My old ones are as big as shrub-covers....:omg:

I just finished baggin up 6 huge bags of clothes to send to my DD's MIL. I can't believe the wardrobe I had!!! Most of them were from when I was still teaching... I pulled out things I had put away years ago that got too small and hung them in the closet cause I know I'll be getting into them one day soon. And I know what ya mean about the underwear!! I've gone from a snug 10 to a loose 8. Love those band perks!!! (no, I didn't send the underwear to the MIL.. sheeeesh!!)

LOL Judy...I like to put a pair of the old twelves and and watch them drop to the floor.... :)