Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Food Before and After Photos

The Kid made an epic charcuterie board the other day which i tried to copy this morning in mini-version (need to use up all the stuff she bought)

i haven't eaten any of it cuz im not hungry yet and the rest of the fam are still in bed, so it's sitting in the fridge for later. also made some foccacia dough that is proofing in the the fridge as well for tomorrow, AND i butchered a pork shoulder which is marinating for BBQ. busy morning, eh? now its time to veg on the couch with reruns of Top Chef.

the mini charcuterie!

891 calories for it all.

IMG_3296.thumb.jpeg.c7b1f447ee7922d2a5ea5ab4b798a08b.jpeg

Dinner:

Lean beef enchiladas (which you can’t see 🤣) topped with a greek yogurt crema, tangy salsa, avocados and Chloula sauce. I used mission low carb mini tortillas, my hand is for reference. Ate 3/4 of it, guessing around 300ish calories?

IMG_9279.jpeg

IMG_9281.jpeg

My daughter’s High School graduation cake. After the party we threw away 1/2 of it instead of eating everything. I’m noticing that cake isn’t a big thing with anyone I know anymore. Anyone else noticed Desserts are being left uneaten?

C35DAD5F-3620-4259-B625-C9D9D1DE5AA1.jpeg

The cake is beautiful!!
I’m not sure on the whole no one eats cake anymore. We however did cupcakes instead of a cake (less having to cut and serve)

image0.0.jpg

From my sons grad food spread. What’s funny is I never did eat anything bc I was so busy til everyone left and so by then all I got to eat was some guacamole and some cucumbers with ranch dip.

On 6/9/2024 at 11:20 AM, Lilia_90 said:

Dinner:

Lean beef enchiladas (which you can’t see 🤣) topped with a greek yogurt crema, tangy salsa, avocados and Chloula sauce. I used mission low carb mini tortillas, my hand is for reference. Ate 3/4 of it, guessing around 300ish calories?

@Lilia_90: are you a professional chef? your creations and plating are Instagram-worthy!

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

My daughter’s High School graduation cake. After the party we threw away 1/2 of it instead of eating everything. I’m noticing that cake isn’t a big thing with anyone I know anymore. Anyone else noticed Desserts are being left uneaten?

omg, even though I know baking isn't your main profession, it TOTALLY should be!!!! you could totally start a custom cake/dessert business.

27 minutes ago, Kris77 said:

@ms.sss
You will love this.

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

you are correct lady. I LOVE THIS. did you do all this? it looks so fab.

1 hour ago, GreenTealael said:

Anyone else noticed Desserts are being left uneaten?

i notice that people are more "receptive": to bite sized/individual Desserts vs. stuff you have to cut yourself to eat.

i think pre-cut or bite sized stuff just appeals to everyone's laziness lololololzzzzzz.

if i make a cake or something large that needs cutting, i usually pre-cut so that people can just grab and go.

Posted (edited)

28 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

omg, even though I know baking isn't your main profession, it TOTALLY should be!!!! you could totally start a custom cake/dessert business.

Lol! I didn’t make this but I’m honored that you think I could (grocery store cake 😅)

Buy one of my nieces is a custom cake maker. Her cakes are gorgeous.

Edited by GreenTealael

Posted (edited)

Some of my eats the past few days:

strawberry summer salad. I have an obsession with salads!!
This one has baby spinach, strawberries, pomegranate seeds, cucumbers, walnuts, feta cheese, topped with crispy shallots and crispy garlic, with a pomegranate molasses dressing. My bowl below which I ate over the course of 3 hours.

IMG_9159.thumb.jpeg.90dc27a9e3b01eec9253f8628b2b95c3.jpeg IMG_9168.thumb.jpeg.dde38f336539c76b333d5bee12f981f5.jpeg

chocolate basil seed Protein pudding. 2/3 cups of basil seeds, 1.5 cups unsweetened almond milk, 1 scoop chocolate whey, 2 tbsp melted Peanut Butter, stir and leave overnight. Top with berries and pumpkin seeds. I ate 3/4 of one.

IMG_9233.thumb.jpeg.338a816c3bc66fc84acbe956c9053c68.jpeg

Edited by Lilia_90

1 hour ago, Kris77 said:

The cake is beautiful!!
I’m not sure on the whole no one eats cake anymore. We however did cupcakes instead of a cake (less having to cut and serve)

image0.0.jpg

I think both you and @ms.sss probably have the right idea. Smaller Desserts are probably a lot more appealing.

Posted (edited)

Some “healthier” desserts I’ve made the past few days:

Top to bottom:

Paleo almond flour tahini Cookies

Mixed berry frozen yogurt

Flourless fudge chocolate chunk brownies

I would have a bite after I’m done making them to taste and they all are incredible lol.

IMG_8428.thumb.jpeg.f04da26cfb279c999dff90383c5797c5.jpeg IMG_8890.thumb.jpeg.97767b2d3cd93a4428dcedd3e583fa67.jpeg IMG_8975.thumb.jpeg.54ece6445ba90b762f8e313ea5fad6dc.jpeg

Edited by Lilia_90

Posted (edited)

55 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

@Lilia_90: are you a professional chef? your creations and plating are Instagram-worthy!

I’m so flattered lol!! I am definitely not a professional chef but a very avid cook and baker, I love love love making (and eating) food lol!!

Edited by Lilia_90

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Depressed lately...
      Losing very slowly because I'm not doing anything I'm supposed to be doing. No motivation to eat properly or go to gym. Scared....
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • stanley_imarc

IMARC Group’s report titled “Alternative Sweeteners Market Report by Product Type (High Fructose Syrup, High-Intensity Sweeteners, Low-Intensity Sweeteners), Source (Natural, Synthetic), Application (Food, Beverages, and Others), and Region 2024-2032”. The global alternative sweeteners market size reached US$ 4.9 Billion in 2023. Looking forward, IMARC Group expects the market to reach US$ 7.0 Billion by 2032, exhibiting a growth rate (CAGR) of 4.05% during 2024-2032.
      Grab a sample PDF of this report: https://www.imarcgroup.com/alternative-sweeteners-market/requestsample
      Factors Affecting the Growth of the Alternative Sweeteners Industry:
      Health Consciousness: The increasing awareness among individuals about the health issues linked to high sugar consumption, such as obesity, diabetes, and cardiovascular diseases, is supporting the market growth. Consumers are becoming more health-conscious and seeking products that can provide sweetness without the negative health effects associated with sugar. This shift in consumer preferences is leading to a greater demand for low-calorie and natural sweeteners like stevia, monk fruit, and erythritol. These sweeteners offer the added benefit of having minimal impact on blood glucose levels, making them suitable for diabetic and health-conscious individuals.
      Technological Advancements: Innovations in the production and formulation of alternative sweeteners are impelling the market growth. Advancements in biotechnology and food science are leading to the development of high-intensity sweeteners with improved taste profiles and functional properties. Innovations in fermentation processes enhance the production efficiency and quality of natural sweeteners like stevia and monk fruit. These technological improvements are making alternative sweeteners more appealing to both manufacturers and consumers. Enhanced stability, solubility, and sweetness intensity allow these sweeteners to be used in a wide range of products, ranging from beverages to baked goods.
      Consumer Trends and Preferences: Evolving consumer trends and preferences are playing a significant role in driving the alternative sweeteners market. The growing demand for clean-label products, which are healthier and free from artificial ingredients, is offering a favorable market outlook. Consumers are increasingly seeking natural and plant-based sweeteners, aligning with broader trends toward plant-based diets and veganism. Besides this, there is an increase in the demand for low-calorie and sugar-free alternatives that support weight management and overall wellness. Food and beverage companies are responding to these trends by innovating and expanding their product lines to include options sweetened with alternative sweeteners, thereby catering to changing tastes and health concerns of modern consumers.
      Alternative Sweeteners Market Report Segmentation:
      By Product Type:
      High Fructose Syrup High-Intensity Sweeteners Low-Intensity Sweeteners High-intensity sweeteners represent the largest segment as they require only a fraction of the quantity to achieve the desired sweetness.
      By Source:
      Natural Synthetic On the basis of the source, the market has been bifurcated into natural and synthetic.
      By Application:
      Food Beverages Others Food accounts for the largest market share due to the rising utilization of sweeteners in a wide variety of food products.  
      Regional Insights:
      North America (United States, Canada) Asia Pacific (China, Japan, India, South Korea, Australia, Indonesia, Others) Europe (Germany, France, United Kingdom, Italy, Spain, Russia, Others) Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, Others) Middle East and Africa Asia Pacific region enjoys a leading position in the alternative sweeteners market on account of changing lifestyles of individuals.    
      Global Alternative Sweeteners Market Trends:
      Governing agencies and health organizations of several countries are implementing policies to reduce sugar consumption as they recognize its detrimental health impacts. Various regulatory bodies are approving alternative sweeteners for use, ensuring their safety and efficacy. These approvals provide food and beverage manufacturers with the confidence to incorporate alternative sweeteners into their products. Additionally, initiatives like sugar taxes in several countries are pushing companies to seek healthier alternatives to traditional sugar.   
      Furthermore, advancements in production techniques are making some alternative sweeteners more cost-competitive than traditional sugar. Consumers are becoming more concerned about the environmental impact of traditional sugar production and preferring more sustainable alternative sweeteners.
      Note: If you need specific information that is not currently within the scope of the report, we will provide it to you as a part of the customization.
      About Us
      IMARC Group is a leading market research company that offers management strategy and market research worldwide. We partner with clients in all sectors and regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their businesses.
      IMARC Group’s information products include major market, scientific, economic and technological developments for business leaders in pharmaceutical, industrial, and high technology organizations. Market forecasts and industry analysis for biotechnology, advanced materials, pharmaceuticals, food and beverage, travel and tourism, nanotechnology and novel processing methods are at the top of the company’s expertise.
      Contact US
      IMARC Group
      134 N 4th St. Brooklyn, NY 11249, USA
      Email: sales@imarcgroup.com
      Tel No:(D) +91 120 433 0800
      United States: +1–631–791–1145 | United Kingdom: +44–753–713–2163

· 0 replies
    • Luis E. Lara

Hi everyone, I'm nerw here ☺️
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

Welcome!

I've been a member since 2008, but just now decided to go ahead with surgery. Barely getting started 😁

• Liz R

Trying to update my ticker - I'm down 100 pounds!! 
      · 1 reply
      1. Alisa_S

I don't know how to update the ticker, but CONGRATULATIONS!!!

• Alisa_S

I joined BariatricPal in 2008 & I FINALLY made the descision to have WLS!! I'm so excited & not sure what I need to do to get the ball rolling, but I made an appointment with my PCP for 7/19. It's a start I guess.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches