Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Good Morning everyone!

Had a great weekend! Hope ya'll did too, the weather was certainly beautiful. I worked outside all day both days. The yard looks great, the pool is ready for the grandkids next weekend. Since my last Dr. visit about 3 weeks ago, I've lost 14 lbs. I bought some little dessert paper plates, and those are "my" plates at home. It has really helped me with Portion Control plus I drink slim fast usually every morning and sometimes for lunch. Those tiny little plates have been a Godsend for me because so many times I would fill up a dinner plate and washing everything down with tea. I don't let my husband set me a glass of tea anymore at meal time, I have been waiting for an hour after my meal to drink.....it's working:)

Enjoy yourselves and your families this summer:thumbup:

Just wanted to say that the restart diet is on the NoScales blog page. I tried it a couple of months ago cause I had been on a several-month-long plateau. I lost 10 pounds on it but as soon as I added regular food back I gained the weight back. At the time though I wasn't on a good fill level, was still on the process of getting back to my level after an unfill. I think I could have kept the weight off if I had been at better restriction.

this board has really slowed down. As we know this isnt a magic fix when you Live to eat. We gotta keep going. I like to look at the before and after pics, they do inspire you. Even my own before and after pic helps me to keep from "giving up". Sometimes I think it is just my body holding on to the weight, also, the calories really sneak up on you, drinking or eating. I have a problem with drinking enough Water. Drinking anything..LOL. Lets do this yall !!!!

just 2 weeks until my 3rd anniversery and today i saw 179 i started the lapband process at 277 so just 2 more lbs and i will make 100 in three years!!! probably won't quite make it but i am so excited to be this close. actually my highest weight was 283, so guess i did make 100!!!

Went to see Ms. Betty May yesterday for my 2 week post op appointment. I was so glad to get those darn tape sutures off. Anyway she told me to drink warm liquid first thing in the morning. No problem coffee it is. Well I had the bright idea to add a scoop of choc. Protein Powder to it and make a cafe mocha. Got my warm drink and a jump start on my Protein intake for the day. Very proud of me and my delicious mug of joe in front of me.:bored:

i justed wanted to tell everyone *hi there*.. i have been going back and trying to catch up with everyones posts. had to format and find all again.

i do get discouraged , i try so so hard. i finally got restriction after about my 7th fill. (Dr K gave me) and i lost 10 pds after that, went back 6 wks later and Dr H gave me a small one.

i only lost like 4 pds that six weeks.

well i went in and he says, no you don't need a fill, i think you are using it as a crutch. b/c i told him i use Protein shakes and stuff. says all they want you to lose it 3 or 4 pds a month. but dang if i eat each meal the weight loss stops. so i gave him the *eye and he knew i was pissed. told me get that scroll off my face :thumbup:.... i was mad but i did what he told me to do. and made myself eat normal food every 4 hours. i go 3 pds down then back up..i go in Monday, its such a long drive for me and i guess i recall back when we did this w/o the band we lost much faster ( only to gain it back when we got off the diets)

i have been noticing and reading some other area's on this site and saw where many traded in there band for the sleeve. they don't have to have all this *getting the fill right. wished i had read more on that first i guess..

i don't mean to sound like a drag. just sharing :confused:

God bless us all

i am not ungrateful what i have lost..

I know!!! I dont get this band anymore....lose a couple, gain it back. Making me sick of it. I hope some day I will figure it out. Some days I cant eat anything but I am not getting any out, been there and done that twice. I just keep hoping something will change ... guess that has to be me and what I am doing. Like Dr Phil says.. How's it working for ya ?? NOT

I know!!! I dont get this band anymore....lose a couple, gain it back. Making me sick of it. I hope some day I will figure it out. Some days I cant eat anything but I am not getting any out, been there and done that twice. I just keep hoping something will change ... guess that has to be me and what I am doing. Like Dr Phil says.. How's it working for ya ?? NOT

I was banded this month and I have been looking at alot of posts on the message boards. As you can imagine I have some concerns about long term success with my new friend "the band". It seems you have had your band over a year and are having problems with constant weight loss. Are you saying the problem is with the band? I have not had a fill yet and dont' know how I'm going to feel after that. I'm just trying to eat small protions now knowing I won't be able to eat them later, right? I COULD eat more right now I just don't. I guess i just don't know how this is all going to play out. Is it like every other time in my life when I have tried to diet and failed? Am I going to give up on the band because it doesn't make me lose weight constantly or is it my responsibility to work the band and not work it? I'm new to all this and just trying to figure it out.

julie, I think people expect to lose more weight in the 1st year than they actually do and that is frustraiting. Most research says it take 5 years to get to where you want. I had a hard time during the first year too. I just celebrated my 2nd and am comfortable with how it's going. I took almost that whole year to figure out how my body and my mind reacts to the band. My only advice is, keep doing what the docs tell you to. If you aren't happy, keep seeing them until they get you to your sweet spot. I love my band.

i saw 178 today!!! 8 more days to my 3rd anniv. and 1 more pound 'til 100 lost!!! hope i make it

tp and others i so understand where you are all i can say is stay in there and when you get to your sweet spot it really helps.

the band works, my mind doesnt work so well.LOL.

I have restriction, I know it swells tight if I over do it. Then I have to be careful. It is difficult to get to the sweet spot. I havent given up...just frustrated and disappointed. There will always be some that take longer or never get there. I think I am in between that group. Best of luck to everyone. Keep trying.

Hey does anyone have the low down on the Lap ban support meetings in Texarkana? Are they at Wadley or Holiday Inn by the mall, and when? I'm getting conflicting stories.

Lap Band surgery seminar schedule

That is a link to their webpage. It looks like they are now having their seminars at the Holiday Inn but support groups are still at Wadley. I used to go to them but now that they have one in Nashville I go to it. I really encourage support group meetings. I always leave feeling very motivated.