Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

I see this thread isn't near as active as it used to be. But I have a tidbit of info to share, just in case some one is visiting this site and thread. I have a friend that got the lapband. She has loss 130 lbs. so far! Woohoo!! I am so proud for her. She also realizes it is only a tool, to be used wisely during the weight loss journey.

Hope everyone is doing well. All you folks that use Precision Surgery, and of course any others that would like to join in, get to posting! I'm not sure if the notifications work correctly here. So you may have to check in every so often to see who and what someone posted. Take care all, and Happy Thanksgiving !

Sugarbear

I'm close to Texarkana and wish this post was active again.

Hello and welcome Armonet. I haven't been on here in a long time. I did recieve an alert through my email on your post. That is the first one of those that I've had in a long time. I still have my band and glad that I do. I have to admit that I don't always use it wisely. It is a great tool but of course it is up to us to use it wisely. It has been quite a while since my surgery. I probably stay within a 6 or 8 pound spread.

I started this thread back then because I really wanted to interact with people that used Precision Surgery. I learned lots of important information before my surgery as well as afterwards. It was a great deal of help. I noticed the thread slowing down and was depending on the alerts through email to help answer questions but those apparently always work. Some of us oldies have our emails listed in our profiles. So if you don't get a reply through the threads, most all of us will be glad to answer through emails. After several years we don't seem to be as active on the posts but I am sure most are still willing to help. I know I was on here all the time when I got started on my journey. Feel free to email if you need any help.

Hello and welcome Armonet. I haven't been on here in a long time. I did recieve an alert through my email on your post. That is the first one of those that I've had in a long time. I still have my band and glad that I do. I have to admit that I don't always use it wisely. It is a great tool but of course it is up to us to use it wisely. It has been quite a while since my surgery. I probably stay within a 6 or 8 pound spread.

I started this thread back then because I really wanted to interact with people that used Precision Surgery. I learned lots of important information before my surgery as well as afterwards. It was a great deal of help. I noticed the thread slowing down and was depending on the alerts through email to help answer questions but those apparently always work. Some of us oldies have our emails listed in our profiles. So if you don't get a reply through the threads, most all of us will be glad to answer through emails. After several years we don't seem to be as active on the posts but I am sure most are still willing to help. I know I was on here all the time when I got started on my journey. Feel free to email if you need any help.

I mean the alerts don't always work.

Thank you! I'm fairly new to the page and was so excited when I saw a Texarkana group. I've only been banded for 3 1/2 mos. and was just looking for some local support groups. I'm glad you replied. You're right, the lap band is an excellent tool. I have only had 2 fills and don't feel much restriction yet, but I'll be getting my 3rd fill next week and am looking forward to getting to that mysterious 'sweet spot' I've heard so much about!

Hello again Armonet. Refering to the amount of fills you get to reach that "sweet spot," it varies. I have a friend that lost most of her weight on one fill. Reached her goal on the second fill. It took me four or five. With the exception of one pregnancy, she has maintained that weight very well. As hard as it is, just be patient. There is no standard rule that fits everyone when it comes to fills. How the bands fits around your opening to the stomach may be completely different than others. Some may be smaller or larger. The amount put in the band may vary a little also. So you can see the amount of fills will vary also. I always tell my fellow bandsters we didn't reach this weight over night and we aren't going to reach our goal overnight either. Just know that you are heading in the right direction on your weightloss journey. I hope you took a good look at the figure you saw on the scale before you started this journey because you are NEVER going to see it again!

There are support group meetings in Texarkana by Precision Surgery. I don't know if you have been attending them or not. But they are a good source of support especially when you are a new patient. I went to them a year following my surgery. Good luck on your journey. f

Follow the Band Rules, you will do fine.

Hi everyone!

I'm Allie, and I'll be banded on Oct. 2nd by Dr. Hekier. :)

I'm a little bit nervous right now, but just pre-surgery nerves!

On July 2nd I started preparing myself for LAP-Band surgery, limiting my food intake and exercising and all that good stuff, and it really helped me transition into the liquid, pre-op diet! I've already lost 36 pounds over the summer, and I can't wait to see how the band helps me keep up the weight loss! :)

I just hope I can maintain everything for TC and TAMUT while going through this process, but I've gotten a lot of school work out of the way ahead of time in anticipation.