Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

I got it via email, but Dr. H also posted it on the blog...very scary stuff. I've already sent my fussy email to Ralph Hall. Hopefully, they'll do the right thing, but my confidence in our politicians these days has all but vanished. :wink:

I just saw his ad. I am sending my voice tomorrow.

Congrats to you.

Thanks for taking action. The more I read about Blue Cross Blue Shield the more disgusted I am.

The LA Times had an expose a few years ago detailing how BCBS employees are praised for dropping coverage for sick patients, people with diseases such as cancer, or pregnancy.

Search for the term "rescission."

It is their term for getting rid of policy holders that will require medical treatment soon.

I had to have neck surgery again ! I sat in a recliner for weeks and ate ! Didnt realize how fast and easy it is to gain so much !! I feel like a failure at another DIET once again in my life. I know my DH is wondering why we are paying for this surgery and I am still FAT ! But... I have started walking again and for some reason, my band has tightened back up with all this stress. I was beginning to wonder if it had left me. LOL. Here I go again !!!

It looks like everyone left this forum. That is sad, I really wanted someone to tell me how well they are doing ! I am very discouraged and want to start this new year with a positive attitude. I cant get a fill of any kind or i cant drink liquids. been doing this for 2 years now. one fill a year and it has to be taken out again. where is everyone ??? Even if you arent losing, please let me know how you are doing !

I left the forum while I was working on my National Board Certification, just found out I passed after 400+ hours outside the classroom worth of work!

I am now ready to rededicate myself to my lapband while I work on more graduate work.

I just started boot camp and counting calories, Protein, and fat this past week. I only lost 15lbs last year, but I must be honest in that I didn't try very hard and was discouraged since I've thrown up most of the time I've had the band. I also couldn't tolerate fills very well either. I've had tests but they could find no reason for the vomiting. I stated seeing an allergist this Fall and have learned that I have SEVER allergies which was causing heavy, thick mucus production while I slept. My allergist and I think this was the cause of the vomiting. I've started allergy shots, and many allergy drugs and have thrown up little since the first month in! I plan on heading back to Precision Surgery and getting started again in the right direction. I might even be able to tolerate a decent fill now too. I hope others who have been sick with their band will get allergy testing...I really think this has been the root of my problem. This is the first time since I've been banded that I feel "normal" again after surgery! I will keep you posted on how this new attempt at losing the rest of my weight goes. Let me know if you're out there!

www.myfitnesspal.com

This a GREAT food and exercise diary! I really like that it predicts how much you will weigh in 5 weeks when you log your food for the day. What a motivator!:D

Where have all our Texarkana Bandsters gone?! This site is where I used to get all my information from and it's where my research on lapband began when i was just in the "thinking about it " stage. Now I am 3 1/2 years out. Haven't lost as much as I thought I would, but probably my own fault. Still make poor food choices.

I do exercise, I don't eat much at all, maybe it's my age and metabolism. I sure do need to get motivated! Really, I'm just tired of it all! I'm going to take a look at your site Lo2us, myfitnesspal.com....looking for motivation!

I've really missed this thread too. I only get on here now when I get a notification that someone has posted something new. It is hard to believe this May will have been 3 years since I had my lapband. I'm only down maybe 25 pounds from when I had surgery. At my lowest I was down 55 or 60 pounds but I gained it back. I had a slip that fixed itself with an unfill. My story is a lot like tpagern's. Everytime I get a good fill & I'm losing weight, it gets to where I can't keep anything down & I have to get an unfill. Then I gain the weight back. I know this can't be good for my body to keep gaining & losing the same weight. What I just read about lo2us's allergy problems makes me wonder if that could be part of my problem too. It seems like the older I get that allergies are more of a problem for me.

Thanks for posting! Maybe others will get on here & give us an update.

I've really missed this thread too. I only get on here now when I get a notification that someone has posted something new. It is hard to believe this May will have been 3 years since I had my lapband. I'm only down maybe 25 pounds from when I had surgery. At my lowest I was down 55 or 60 pounds but I gained it back. I had a slip that fixed itself with an unfill. My story is a lot like tpagern's. Everytime I get a good fill & I'm losing weight, it gets to where I can't keep anything down & I have to get an unfill. Then I gain the weight back. I know this can't be good for my body to keep gaining & losing the same weight. What I just read about lo2us's allergy problems makes me wonder if that could be part of my problem too. It seems like the older I get that allergies are more of a problem for me.

Thanks for posting! Maybe others will get on here & give us an update.

sorry bout that, i've forgotten how to move around in this site, lost my ticker and signature block!

I have never had a fill that kept me from swallowing food. never done all the upchucks & stuff. I have always been able to eat anything I wanted to as long as i take tiny bites. I realize you have to teach yourself how to slow down and chew & swallow before you shove in another bite. Habits are hard to break. They told us to eat only palm sized portions, but i have never felt satisfied doing that. Always wake up hungry in the mornings. Also, I have had several jaw teeth pulled since, and don't have anything left to properly chew foods , so a lot of my diet is soft foods. the only good thing i've experienced out of this is that after i lost the 45 lbs or so, i have not gained my usual of 10 lbs a year which was killing me! Since I have not been to see Dr.K in a long time, 2 yrs or so, i just made an appt. to get the band checked, probably get a fill.

:lol:I am still struggling. had some fill taken out, did good for awhile then back to old habits ! I am terrible. I believe that food is an addiction for me and wouldnt it be nice if I could just STOP eating since that is what i need to do... i think I also have put too much into the fact that you have to eat to lose. Well, if that were true for me, I wouldnt be fat now. I am working on a balance of restricting in take and small meals. less calories, eat more often. I am also trying to eat the Protein and not the sliders. Whew, no one said this would be easy but I am really wanting my moneys worth out of this !!!!!!! Getting really ticked with myself too.

I am a Texarkana bandster! I was banded on 07-17-12

I am SOOOOOOOO happy to find you guys!!!!!!

Welcome! How's it all going?

Helloooo everyone! This is Sugarbear. The person that originally started this thread. Whew! That seems like eons ago. lol I see some familiar names on here. Glad you are still visiting this thread. I had a notification someone posted and I haven't had one of those in a very long time. I have not been to see our doctors in a long time. I think I reached my "sweet spot" and just didn't feel the need to return. I really haven't lost any more weight but haven't gained any back either. Thought about coming back to visit the support group meetings. I went for a long time and enjoyed them and got some good info. But then they began to repeat themselves so I figured I had heard most of what was to be offered.

I still feel like the band is a good tool to help guide you through the weight loss journey. But it is ultimately up to us to use it correctly. I think we all catch ourselves "cheating the band." Things that slide easily, high calorie foods that aren't hard to eat, yet low on nutrician. The list goes on.

I too am ready to do a little turning around and re-comitting to my band. Most fall of the wagon ocasionally. So let's get going, especially with the holidays soon approaching. Good to hear from you oldie but goodies, as well as you newbies. Everybody take care!