Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

Wow! Yall have done great!! Im so proud for yall!! Wonder how much i would have dropped by now?? But God had another plan for me at that time!!Maybe i need to rethink getting the band and not the sleeve i think it gonna come down to what i can afford this time for sure!! YALL KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!! Hopefully by next spring i can get my band 2nd time the charm lol!!! So how is the aftercare program and what size band do yall have and how many fills have yall had? tell me more tell me more !

gotta get back to work,

Blondylocks

Hey Blondylocks! Beautiful Boy you have there!!:smile:

I have never asked what size band or how much fill I have. I don't regret the band at all, but the aftercare could be better. They have so many patients now, you're lucky if you see the Dr. and not the LPN, and appts are 6wks. out. It's hard to get in. I keep wondering where the cutoff point is and what kind of care am I gong to get, say in 20 years?

1st year of aftercare is great after that, you're not as important to them. I was a year out at my buttchewing, so I don't mind they don't want to see me as much! I still get nervous when I go.

way to go Julie. I just bought the new boost protein...has 15g Protein and isn't as big as slimfast. Tastes about the same as slimfast, for me, I like it better!

I was reading a few pages back and there was a post from "sexylips" I didn't see an email or anything like that. I would like to direct her to a wonderful doctor in her area. So sexylips if you read this, post again or email me.

Does anyone remember the pre-op diet? I cannot find mine and I'd like to try it again. I remember the 1st two or is it three days will be slimfast (I am doing Protein shakes)? I know that either the 3rd or 4th day we can add a garden salad. Can I eat SF Jello, yogurt, cottage cheese after the 3rd day? I think I might need a fill but I'm going to try this first. Thanks

When I did the pre-op diet you could have 3 0r 4 Slimfast Optima. First three days, then the fourth you could substitute a small garden salad (only veggies) that come from the earth, for one SF.(FF dressing). You can have low calorie sugarfree drinks, of course now that you are banded you can't have any carbonated drinks. I believe you can have sugarfree popcicles and Jello. Make sure your Protein Drink is close to the calorie count of the SF. The milk chocolate is 190 a can. Also take a multiple Vitamin. Of course you are supposed to drink a lot to stay hydrated and to help to stave off hunger. It gets a little easier about the fourth day.

I did this once to get back on track and it really helped. I am going to do it again soon. Mrs. Betty has a restart diet for banders that have gotten off track. I am not sure if it has been posted on the blog site or not. If they have your email you will get updates on things concerning the band. If you call Mrs. Betty I am sure she will send you a copy of that diet. It is similar to the pre-op. Hope this helps.

A lot less, forgot to mention, the pre-op is a liquid diet. How is everyone else doing? Went back to the doc but didn't lose much but didn't gain either. Mrs. Betty game me a restart diet. Going to try to start that next week or just the plain old pre-op. Really helped when I did it before. What is everyone doing with their summer? Hope you have a great one.

Thanks, Sugarbear.

Yes, I think that each shake is around 150 plus the milk (silk, light). I think the calories are around 230. I only drink 3. I also have the Atkins Protein Shake which I think is less calories. I was so hoping that the salad would be the 3rd day:frown:. I have heard that it is good and it would help jumpstart the loss again. I am trying to keep busy.

I am okay, just was hoping that I would be at goal my 2nd yr, but it will be in August and I don't see it happening, I am grateful for what I have lost. I heard that Hippmom looks really good. Don't know about Lisa, but I'm sure she's okay.

It has been lonesome in here, I check in here but don't post.

Again, thanks for your help.

P/S Is the restart diet (for post bandsters) similar to the pre-op diet? Yes, I am taking Vitamin, Biotin and B-12. Having trouble with Hair loss for some reason, hoping that levels off soon, I don't look good bald.:blushing: I lost some after the band, but never like this. What do you think?

I lost myhair too and it never has grown back as thick. I had SUPER thick hair before surgery and now I have normal thick hair. Biotin helps and so does upping your Protein. You can't really tell it's helping until about 2 months after starting it.

I lost myhair too and it never has grown back as thick. I had SUPER thick hair before surgery and now I have normal thick hair. Biotin helps and so does upping your Protein. You can't really tell it's helping until about 2 months after starting it.

Thanks, that's makes me feel better cause I did up my protein and my hairdresser gves me a deep conditioner that has protein. I lost some at first not that much but all of sudden it started coming out. Congrats on your weight loss.

I just realized that today was my bandaversary! I've lost about 15lbs more than my tickers says because I started losing before surgery, but I only count post surgery weight since that's what's on file at ps.

By all means up your Protein, but at the same time you have to watch your calories. Not enough good fat in your diet will cause that problem too. Most of us don't have any trouble getting enough of that. You also have to be consistant with the protein levels your body recieves. Try to keep it even on a daily basis. Same goes with the Biotin, ect. Yes, that diet is for post-banders. It is similar to the pre-op. I am sure she would email or mail it to you. She might even post it on the blog for everyone if you mention it to her.

By all means up your Protein, but at the same time you have to watch your calories. Not enough good fat in your diet will cause that problem too. Most of us don't have any trouble getting enough of that. You also have to be consistant with the protein levels your body recieves. Try to keep it even on a daily basis. Same goes with the Biotin, ect. Yes, that diet is for post-banders. It is similar to the pre-op. I am sure she would email or mail it to you. She might even post it on the blog for everyone if you mention it to her.

Thanks.

It is so amazing that I can do this liqiud diet (it's hard, but I'm still doing it), but when I can eat regular food, it's even harder. It's a daily task and maybe I'm so use to eating any and everything that I get lazy or tired trying to eat right. I am not a cook and I guess I sometime just grab a little (or a lot) and don't worry about the protien. I have to be more attentive to how to get the correct amt. We were told first 40-45 grams and about 2 months ago at a mtg. it was 60. I guess I can drink at least one protien drink a day to get at least 20-21 grams. Thanks so much for everyone's help.

Gloria