Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

hello everyone!

:thumbup:Congratulations Alligmamma on the +!!

SUGARBEAR Where ARE you?! Haven't heard from you in a long time...hope all is well.:lol:

Monel, is the Nashville meeting this coming Mon.? Where is Bells Gym? Across the street from Diamond Bank?

I'm going to make an effort to attend. I have to get back in the mindset!

:lol::blink::lol:

I'm not Monel but I do attend her support group meetings. (Sounds like a Holiday Inn Express commercial. lol) It is this coming up Monday, the 3rd Mondays of the month, at 7pm. Bell's Gym is at the other end of town from Diamond Bank. If you're coming from Mineral Springs you go past the Wal-Mart, it's about a quarter mile past Wal-Mart, on the right side of the road. There is McDonalds on the left, then Alps & Family Dollar on the right & Bell's Gym is right past that.

Monel is our fearless leader. I'm sure she'll be super excited Monday night because this will be her first meeting since she reached "onederland". (She had the surgery last February & has lost about 170 pounds.)

Hope to see you there.

i am in texarkana and was banded 1/9/08

I have finally lost 12 pounds after this last tight fill. I dont know how to stop the head hunger...still working on it. A friend of mine just keeps losing, makes me so jealous. This just isnt working for me like I thought. Right now, I feel very foolish for spending this money !

I hear ya Tpagern!! i know all the things I am doing wrong, but 45 years of bad habits is "really" hard to break!! I do lot's of things without even thinking about it until it is too late. I am a stress eater, grazer, etc. My spouse is thin as a rail, he's been lying on the couch "sick" for almost a year and a half now. I work and stay busy constantly. Even when I do everything right for weeks at a time, the scale won't budge. I don't even get on it anymore. I am going in Monday, maybe for a fill or a "chewing". If I get a chewing, it will be the last time I go, done received one of those. I know a fill is not the magic answer. The answer is inside my head. I can "finally" visualize myself thin again, and I know that is a step in the right direction. Family reunion is in July, the pressure is really on now to lose some more.....my family expects to see a thinner me because others in the family are doing so great with it.....I don't know what to do anymore...I just know I am "sick" of ME!!

I feel the same way. I haven't been to the office since last yr. I have some restriction but probably not enough. I am dealing with the same issue of eating w/o thinking. I have been exercising my butt off until today I have no energy. A coach here at the school said that I've probably been pushing myself too hard. I find myself wishing that I hadn't gotten the band, but I know that it was the best thing for me cause I probably would not have lost this much. I guess that I'm my biggest enemy:cursing: and I'm at fault. I have had this band for almost 2 yrs. and still can't get to my target weight. I hope to be there soon. This site has been very slow for a long time and I read time to time to see how everyone is doing.

Just remember, most of the research shows that bandsters don't usually reach their goal weight until 5 years out, but we maintain it better. Keep your head up! I was stuck (doing all the right things) for most of my 2nd year and now I'm losing again.

Julie, I too am not up for another "chewing." Should it happen again, I'll be doing some "chewing" of my own. That doesn't help the situation at all. Some times tough love is appropriate, but in this situation, it doesn't help me.

My positive pregnancy test has turned into a double positive!!! We're having TWINS!!! We're shocked and excited at the same time! I'll keep you posted!

Way to go. Keep us posted on being preggers with the band. I'm considering having another in a few years!

I think there needs to be some more support and help with the Head issues. Most of us eat without being hungry...I know I do. Restriction is great for a few days but that isnt the healthy way to lose. We know this but we still need some kind of "restriction" on us to stop the mindless eating, the big portions, etc. I dont agree with the chewing out either. That is what makes me do the opposite, always has been a downfall for me to have someone tell me how fat I have become or not to eat that, etc. I have even struggled with the "you might not be eating enough". This has entered my mind way too many times ...........I have talked with other successful lapbanders and they dont worry about if they have eaten "enough" so I am planning now to pay more attention to "hunger pains" .. and healthier choices. I have thought...just stitch my lips together.. then I might lose weight. Emotional issues seem to be the hardest to beat. I am working on it ! Never giving up.. though somedays I want to. Family and friends have given up on me already. I will keep trying !!! I just had to get this out.... those of you that are losing and doing great. --- I am so happy and proud for you. The rest of us --- this will be a struggle... especially with the guilt of having a band and still not getting there to our goal. I want to prove to everyone I can still do this.

Edited by tpagern

the left arm pain... Mine is in my left shoulder/neck. I have had it for a year now. I am sure it is band related. I will get it severely if I overeat or drink too fast. I wish it would hit me sooner but it is usually after I have eaten too much ! It goes away in time. Just another reminder that the band is in there. I have heard it is nerve pain from the tubing. Makes sense to me. It would be a great "full" warning if it would happen sooner. Slower eating and drinking should help.

Good Monday Morning Everyone!

I've been thinking if we all started talking again here on this site, it would probably help us as far as the "mind" games go. It does help me, and I've decided that everyday I come to work, the first order of business is going to be for me...and I'm checking in.

One thing I have done as far as Portion Control goes, is I have started eating from a smaller plate. I know I can get more if I "want" it, but for the most part, I am full. The control part comes in when I have to decide if I really want one more bite, just because I want to savor that flavor or texture a little longer. I can be thru before everyone else because I ate so little, I can't drink so what am I supposed to do while everyone else is still enjoying the meal?! To answer that, I've realized I have to be diligent and conscientious of every single bite, chew it slowly and keep it in my mouth until there is practically nothing left to swallow.

I can't let myself get so wrapped up in dinner conversation that I eat mindlessly. Everyone Remember! It's never too late to "try again"!! We CAN do this:thumbup:

ALIGMAMMA!!~CONGRATULATIONS ON THE TWINS!!:laugh:

Good morning friends...

As I stated yesterday, today is a NEW start for me. I've been pretty laid back for the past year. Summer is here and I look the same as I did last summer:sad:

I put off going to the DR. because I am so ashamed of myself. Yesterday I just had to face the music and hold myself accountable for my own failures, so I braced myself for the visit. I was so humiliated when I left. :Banane01: The LPN just left me feeling like a child that was accused of lying to her mother! No respect there. :purplebananna: Then Ms. Betty came in and after our little talk, I was pushing down a tremedous lump in my throat. Finally Dr. K came in and gave me a fill. After all that I went home feeling quite down, I also had gained 4 lbs. But....I drank about 3/4 of my slim fast, showered, did a few exercises and went to bed. I am motivated to get with the program more than ever now. Not only am I failing myself, I am failing the people that are watching me to see if I succeed or not before they make their decision for LB.

Jump in here friends,,,,we need to talk!! :Banane33:

awww, Julie, I hate that you feel bad. I've been where you're at and you have the right attitude. Just face the music. Set your mind to change even if it's just one lb. Last summer I gained 12lbs! That's when I received Dr. H.'s chewing, and I felt humiliated too when I left. I decided then to stand up for myself from now on even to the scary doctors. I knew I had not followed the rule and admitted it and that's all you can do. If you've already "faced the music" that's all you have to do. Today's a new day. Start over. Put all that guilt and humiliation behind you and place one foot in front of the other and procede to do what you're supposed to do. Follow the rules as best you can and take it a day at a time.

It helped me to just start all over with the liquids, etc. It was like hitting a reset button, not to mention MUCH easier with the band. Once I did the whole post op thing again on my own, it helped me to know I can beat what's wrong in my head. Don't waste any more time feeling bad, only feel good by doing what you're "supposed" to do.

thanks for the comeback Lo2us. Your words were encouraging. It's been tough today to stay with the liquid diet. I'm doing as Ms.Betty suggested, "when you want to eat, drink instead." Everyone around me eats at every break and they graze on junk all day....sure makes it hard! But I'm keeping a mental picture of myself that was taken about 15 years ago at my target wt. I'm GOING to get there!!