Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Texarkana Bandsters

I know how you all feel. I've gained back 10 pounds since my gallbladder removal in jan. I'm dealing with a lot of head hunger and my band is not tight either. All of this is new to me because since my surg. in may i've really not felt hungry...that is until jan when they removed all my fluid!!! i've 2 fills since then and i'm still starving! I get another fill next monday so hopefull i'll get some restriction then. I just hope I get to see a doctor because I hate getting a fill by the practitioner. I just don't click with her!

TP hang in there, I gained 12lbs last summer and had not lost any for over a year. I just recently started losing again. I REALLY TRIED hard to do the preop diet on the last fill, and it seems to be working to "reset" my metabolism. My last fill was WAY too tight and I had to go back the next day to loosen it, and again later in the same week. They ended up taking out MORE than what I had previously had in it for about 2-3 months and I lost. I guess there's something to that "Sweet spot" business. Just keep trying hard to do your best, it's all any of us can do. Don't feel bad.

Hello again everyone! I haven't posted in a very long time. I was reading what everyone had to say lately and I just had to post. I too have put on 8lbs since Nov. I went in for a fill in Feb and lost 5 of the 8 so far. I am also upset with myself for putting on the weight again. I have been banded since July of 2007. I think what we all have to remember is that it is a struggle to break all of the old habits we have. I know in my situtation I have been heavy all my life. My parents were both overweight. I have been eating bad for 45 years and it is so hard to break that vicious cycle. But I will do it. I too am a slow loser but I am back to losing. I know I need more excerise and I am starting to do something about it. So don't be hard on yourself that you quit. Just look ahead and start fresh like I am. My band is working just slowly (so far 45 down and 34 to go). So lets give each other moral support and we will all win this battle together. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!

I got a fill and it feels tight. I am soooo glad to be starting all over again !

Hi, I'm suppose to be banded on 4-3-09. I'm really having a hard time with the Protein Drink. I'm using Dr. Kelin but this drink makes me ill. I can handle the slim-fast. Does anyone know if there's something else that is closer to a slim fast that can be used for the Protein drinK?:crying:

I used (still do) the EAS drinks that are premixed at Walmart. They are about $1 a piece. I've tried EVERY kind of Protein drink I can find, and I think they taste the lease offensive and they deliver more protein with will help you feel better after surgery.

Hi, I'm suppose to be banded on 4-3-09. I'm really having a hard time with the Protein drink. I'm using Dr. Kelin but this drink makes me ill. I can handle the slim-fast. Does anyone know if there's something else that is closer to a slim fast that can be used for the Protein drinK?:thumbdown:

Take the slim fast and add some Protein powder to it, it just makes it thicker, you can add ice if you want, makes it increase a little. Tastes the same as slim fast with triple protein.

I realize you have already had the banding, but this still helps with the liquid part, getting extra protein.

addy

Edited by addy
forgot something

hey guys

i am still loosing slowly but steady i am at 90lb lost from the start of lapband and around 100 from the highest which was 2-3 yrs before lapband.

my husband and i weigh about the same i just don't understan why his 186 looks so much better than my 186!!!

Congratulations Hipmom! Your doing great. I am thinking about the lap band but my doctor is advising bypass as I lose weight very slowly. I really don't know what to do. I have about 90 lbs to lose total (and that would be what I weighted 40 years ago). I am at a loss as to what surgery to do. But, you are doing great with the bad.

I need help on eating right. I have tried the post diet but i have trouble with red meat, tuna salad, chicken salad and chicken in general.

Dec.10 was my surgery, i'm on my second fill and have lost 41 lbs. (i'm stuck). I can't eat breakafast only liquid in the morning and then at 1100 am i can eat a small salad.

I'm looking for different things to eat. Oh and i'm not excerising. Please someone give me some hope and encouragement

hello everyone!

I'm not on here very much anymore but I just wanted to let you all know that I took a home pregnancy test today and it was positive!!!!! Wow! I can't believe it. I will go see my gyno may 12th! Talk to you later

peri

Congratulations!

Deedee, just subscribe to the thread. I think it's pretty normal for some of us to only tolerate liquids in the morning. I've been like that from the start. I can't really eat solid food until about 2pm. Just try to keep the Protein up in you liquids. If you can find an exercise buddy that holds you accountable, that has helped me more than anything. I know that if we've made a date to work out, I will disappoint her if I don't show because I don't "feel" like it.

Its amazing that 3 years out, I just now found the T-Town Bandsters! I am having some major woes from my band. I see them today to get some fill taken out. I have had the worst chest pain the past 24 hours since my fill Tuesday. But worse, I am losing Fluid and have to have a port study next week. But MY MAJOR concern is unbelievable shoulder pain on the left. It has been there for over a year. I have had MRI, nerve studies, and injections and now I am hearing it may be a band problem. I'm gonna get to the bottom of this! I can't live with this pain all the time, it is miserable!

Glad to ind you guys!