Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Sounds like fun but a bit more irony than I can take... driving 50 mins to walk an hour. :heh:

I'm trying to convince a girlfriend to take spinning classes with me, or Tae Bo. We'll see how much luck I have!

Chantay...so glad you are feeling up to posting!! Looking forward to hearing more about your surgery. I have psyched myself up for the surgery after pains (sutures, gas, etc) but I keep telling myself "it's a small price to pay to regain my health back"...so far it seems to be working, we'll see how I feel after surgery!! LOL

7 pounds is a great start!! Keep up the good work!!

Diane....Olathe is a bit to far for me to drive too. I'm sorry, I would have loved to join y'all.

I was hoping to get to meet you at the support group meeting last night, were you there and I missed you again?

Hi all, I am finally feeling better I look forward to feeling a little better more and more each passing day. I am tired right now so will keep this short and go lay down. I felt more uncomfortable on day one and two then anything. It felt like I had a 8lb bowling ball in the left side of my abdomen. It was terrible to try to sleep. I can finally sleep some in bed mostly on my right side of course but then my right arm and hip hurts. Im just waiting to get back to normal. Oh while Im thinking about it whats it like to get the staples removed Im not looking forward to the potential pain or whatever. I am trying to get in all my liquids noticing my pee is a little darker than usual. I am just taking it easy on everything. I went from 1/4 cup of yogurt to a half a cup twice today and then I am eating some potatoe Soup now. then in awhile I will drink some more sugar free pink lemonaide stuff. I can start cottage cheese string cheese and Beans Thursady....but may try it Wed night! Im looking forward to that! I havent really missed the foods but I am looking forward to when I can eat some real stuff. TTYS ~Tay

Angela & Mary - I can relate its a bit of a drive for me as well but I've been so bad about getting back to exercise that I'm more than willing to commit to the drive if that's what it takes to get me off the couch. I just don't seem to live very close to anyone that I can get interested to workout with me and trying to do it solo just hasn't worked for me yet. (copout - I know)

Mary - Sorry, I meant to go but I actually forgot. Things have been so hectic at home lately. I looked at the clock around 9pm and realized what day it was.

Chantay - I'm not a good person to ask about staples. I'm a bit alergic to the staples so I was pretty infected around them. Some of them felt a bit like plucking an eyebrow but others were worse for me. Try not too worry, no matter how it feels it's only a few moments of potential discomfort towards your new life of weight loss.

:faint: I AM GOING TO CRY!!!! I just found out that Billie's last day at Dr. Hoehn's office is this Friday. I know I have been a big unconnected lately...but geesh!!!!

That office is not going to be the same. I am devastated!!!!:cry

Mary and all other interested parties...

Our first walking date is Wednesday at 7:30pm. At the Pioneer Trail Junior high and its on the corner of Blackbob and 127th street in Olathe. Currently I'm meeting up with Machelle who has posted here before and possibly her husband to walk. For those who haven't met me I'm a short red head with glasses and wil be in jeans. Machelle says she has glasses and shoulder-length brown hair and usually wear it in a pony tail.

Look forward to seeing as many as possible. This could be the start of something great.

Diane,

This is RIGHT by my house. Do you still have my cell #? Give me a call right before and I should be able to meet you over there.

I just found out that Billie's last day at Dr. Hoehn's office is this Friday.
Really??? That sucks. :rolleyes:

BTW, if you don't know, Dr. H no longer does the fills. There's now a (forget the title, Robyn knows it, something higher than a nurse) who does all the fills, and like a nurse or something who accompanies him. Mine was rough. It's the first time since I said "no numbing" that a fill hurt. And took a while to find the port. I had to confirm he was in the right place for him. Hopefully it's just because he was new (I assume new to fills). Dr. H had "that touch" that made it quick and painless. I have only had one fill sense, but I already miss having him do them.

Hello fellow bandster!! I am also a patient of Dr.H and just can't believe that Billie is leaving. I wish her all the luck in the world with her new position.

Mary- I am still just trying to figure out this site. Hope this posts and all. I tried on all the clothes that the girls gave me at the meeting and some of it is too big and some of it fits just right. So nice to have something that fits just right. They gave me some cute shirts and pants. The dress came in handy. Thanks again

Hi everyone! I thought I'd check out this thread to see if anyone lived near Wichita. I was banded at the Weight Loss Surgical Center in Overland Park on March 6th. Loved to talk to anyone on here.

Iv'e lost weight!!

Doing pretty good now feeling much better. I went to the Drs Wed and I noticed a lady was there for an interview...didn't appear she would fit in but who knows...but I didnt know she was interviewing to take Billies place :omg: well maybe its beacuse Billie got a much greater job so we should all be happy for her.....boooooohoooo though!! ~Chantay

Hi Chantay! Glad to "see" you again!

From my understanding, a replacement has already been hired for Billie and her name is Mary. Mary is supposed to be taking over the support group meetings also. The next few months worth of support meetings are up in the air right now and Billie suggested we all keep an eye on their website for date changes or cancellations.

If the next meeting is cancelled, anyone up to meeting somewhere on our own near the hospital? I'm really looking forward to seeing Chantay and hugger again....I love seeing the ongoing progress of everyone!!

Oh yeah...Dr. Hoehn's new assistant that is doing the fills that Wheetsin was talking about, his name is Tim....I met him at the pre-op appointment last week and he seems nice enough, he just may need some "practice" at the fills....*secretely glad that Tim will get practice from other fills...before I get mine!!* (Sorry Wheetsin!!)

I am totally up to getting together if there is no "real" meeting. I am now at a total of 60lbs down and just having a hard time really telling. I keep feeling like I am that over 300lbs person when I know I am not. I look in the mirror and everyone tells me I am a lot smaller but I am not seeing it. Just like those girls that gave me the clothes Mary, they sd that they were having that same problem. Well, now I really know what they are talking about.

Wish my mind would catch up with my body***