Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Just read my email from Mary and she is doing better. She says that the pain is decreasing and she is up and taking some short walks and resting.

Hey Chantay, If you are eating more then you definately need a fill. Don't worry it isn't bad. I am a person afraid of needles and you would wonder why I would have a procedure done that I would have to face needles all the time??? Well, I thought that it was better than the alternative of being overweight for the rest of my life. The anticipation was what made me more scared than anything. Tim did a great job and was quick. THANKS TIM!!!

I can feel my port more than anything, I am 3 1/2 months out and am just now able to lay on my stomach but not for any length of time because of the port. If I move funny then it will hurt. I can lay on my side with out any problems just have to position my arms a certain way so that I am not squishing my chest.

I will let you know if I hear from Mary again.

I'm back, banded and still breathing!

Does the pain in the shoulder and neck ever go away? OMG!! Has anyone ever had a cramp in their shoulder if they stretched the wrong way, or moved to quick? This is what the pain in my shoulder feels like...a constant cramping sensation!! I was prepared for some "pain" but no one told me it was going to feel like this!! Maybe if I had known what to expect by the "pain", I would have been able to handle it better?

I have so much I'd like to share with you all about my SMMC experience, but since my Grandma instilled in me that "If you cant say anything nice......"

I've slowly been trying to get back into the routine of things, yesterday, I was able to brush the horses, today...I took an excursion to Cabela's with the family so they could buy me some new poles and new fishing tackle (but Honey, I need a new tackle box to go with the new ME!!)....one of my WL goals is to go fishing with them this summer! Of course, I'll need to lose some more weight first...lol...but I expect by the end of June I'll be sitting on the river bank!

I dont know how much weight I've lost, or if I have lost anything...I wont weigh myself until I go to Dr. Hoehn's office for my post-op on Wednesday. I dont even know what size band I have...I tried to ask them at SMMC, but..."If you cant say anything nice......"

I'm still having trouble getting in all my fluids....I am up to about 30 ounces a day now, first 2 days after surgery, I was barely able to get in 16 ounces... have to force myself to drink Water...but I'm still carrying it with me wherever I go!! LOL

I'll be at the next support group meeting....sure hope to see you all there!!

I was just banded on the 24th, there were 3 of us that were in on the same day -we were done in MX, any how one of the ladies had horrible neck pains and was still having it on Saturday the 26th. She also had a hernia repair while they were in there. Keep pushing the h2o, don't want to dehydrate. Keep asking questions of your doctor- it is your body and you have a right (you did pay them for their service) to have your questions answered. Our doc gave us the box that our band came in and our report from surgery that has all the band size ect on it and serial number. just stay persistant on your intake and on getting your info from your doctor. and stay the course i am confident that we will be better / healthier very soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drum:

I don't think I had any neck pains. I know that when you go in for them to remove the staples that they will give you all the info on your band and that card that I showed you. They have a little package that they will give you with other info too. So, don't worry right now you will get the info in just a few days.

I can't wait to see you at the meeting and see if you have lost any weight. I will do another weight-in on Wed. also.

Keep up the walking and remember that it takes time to build up to the 64oz. if you weren't drinking that amount before.

:clap2:

Keep asking questions of your doctor- it is your body and you have a right (you did pay them for their service) to have your questions answered.

I think I need to clarify this. Dr. Hoehn has been extremely helpful in answering any questions I have had. I know when I go into his office on Wednesday for my post-op appointment, I'll find out the size of the band, get weighed, and get the answers to any other questions I may have. My problem is/was with the hospital (SMMC) and has NOTHING to do with Dr. Hoehn whatsoever!!

hugger....I was somewhat surprised that I had staples...lol For some reason, I was expecting stitches and butterfly sutures. Even at that, I didnt even notice them until Thursday morning when I was getting in the shower...14 of them. LOL How long did you keep yours in? I'm so hoping they come out Wednesday, they are driving me nuts. LOL They itch and I cant scratch them.

Hey Mary

They will take them out anywhere from 7 to 10 days after surgery. They won't leave them in anylonger than that. I had 15 staples and I freak out about the cutting and looking at them. I get nausous and try not to make myself sick just thinking about them. They will itch, they are healing. I couldn't wait to get mine out. It was great once they did. You do have stiches just under the skin that disolve. I have read that some people have them and pull them out or it was that the stitches made there way up thru the skin and had to have them pulled out or pull it out themselves.

Well, I am having one of those depressed days. I don't want to be around anyone. I am trying to make myself feel better by looking for baby things for my sister and starting to plan a baby shower for her. We are having it in August as she is due in October and we want her to enjoy and not be too uncomfortable. I will tell you more about it later.

Enjoy the day.

Hi Guys-

I've fallen off the wagon, face first. I haven't been on here because I've been too depressed to talk. Long story short.....I got too tight about 3 months ago and started vomiting 6+ times a day for really no reason, then went to have 1 cc taken out. Since that time (about 2 months ago) I have gained back 33 pounds:eek:

I have no desire whatsoever to do this anymore. I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired:think Now last night, I felt my lap band tubing "POP" through my abdominal muscle wall once again. I was supposed to have had that fixed during my last surgery, but evidently my muscle wall is still too weak. Now I'm in excruciating pain....rolling over in bed at night wakes me up screaming in pain...... Now I'm facing another surgery I'm sure in order to get the dang thing fixed again....I'm feeling frumpy, fat, depressed, and broken.

I called Dr. H's office and have an appointment Monday....:help:

Robyn,

:rain:I am SO SORRY for you! Your band journey has been way too hard. How many complications can one person be expected to handle?!!!

:noidea:I don't have any wonderful platitudes or advice to help get you through this. I've not had to overcome the struggles you've had. I'm not saying I feel I've had it easy. I constantly feel like I'm battling depression, food, the band, people around me, etc, etc. But I can't pretend to understand what you are going through. Though I can say if it weren't for my band still functioning on some level in my current state of mind I would have easily gained as much or more weight as you have.

:hug:You are in my thoughts and prayers. :pray:

I am so glad you posted. I've missed you. :peep:Try to keep in touch more if you can. I know its hard to maintain contact with people when you are down but I don't want to be just a fair weathered friend who only supports you when you are already up.

Feel free to PM me or call anytime :phone:913-710-3390

:beer:How about a few of us "old-timers" getting together for a drink soon?

While researching the net, I found this very interesting........:o

"Fortunately, incisional hernia rates after laparoscopic surgery is rare (1%), and if it does occur, it is in a tiny incision that is easily repaired as an outpatient with a less than 1% recurrence rate."

Can you believe that???? Not only am I part of the 1% that gets the "rare" thing, but then I am am also part of the only 1% (of the 1%) that has it reoccur.

Amazing.....................:faint:

Robyn, truly interested - if they repaired it once before, and it recurred, is this something you may always have to deal with, or is there a plan B - something they didn't do the first time, that can be also be done to fix it?

I've dropped away too. In a big way. Most recently because of school, but more long term because I'm not losing weight anymore. I've just hit this impossible plateau that isn't going anywhere, and it's been like... more than half a year. I'm still way too damn fat to not be losing, and I'm not eating enough, or enough bad foods, to account for it.

I miss being able to call Billy and ask her input. :rolleyes:

Go figure that the one time you're part of a tiny fraction of the population, it ISN'T the tiny fraction that wins the lottery. Life stinks sometimes, eh?

My offer for a margarita still stands. I'm busy, but promise I would make the time if you want to vent in person. Just let me know.

Angela-

I have those same questions I plan on asking tomorrow. Sad thing was, after the last surgery a year ago, I was so glad to have everything "fixed", I never even took the time to ask HOW it was fixed. I know I remember having A LOT more pain with the 4th surgery than with any of the others, and he made the comment something to the effect that he stitched the beJesus out of that weakened/herniated area.

After researching on line, I don't know if he put any mesh over it or anything. Now I'm kicking myself for not at least asking what procedure was done at the time...... All I know is that I am in so much pain I can hardly stand it. I just hope it doesn't turn into one of those appointments tomorrow where I have to go for several tests to confirm blah blah blah before I even get a surgery date scheduled. Gotta do something soon or I'm going to lose it:help: I'm praying that this will somehow be covered by insurance, although I'm not holding my breath.

OK Robyn, Where are you? How did the appointment go? Are you alright or are you not posting because you are in the hospital? Angela have you heard from her? I'm worried.

:thinkStill here...Unfortunately......IN PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He took one look at me and said "Let's get you scheduled." That was answered prayer, because of the hoops I had to jump through last time. My surgery is scheduled for Friday, June 22nd. He was all booked up until then. So I have gone through almost 2 bottles of Hydrocodone in a week. I am taking sleeping pills to sleep through the night, and I have make-shift pressure dressing that I put over the incision that is herniated. If I push on it really hard, it seems to feel better.

The biggest struggle is the depression....I'm telling you what, this is the worst pain I've been through yet. I can't seem to get through the day without meds....I can't take them when I work, and I've got over a week to go.

Oh well...but to answer your question, yes I am still here:cry