Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Help me out guys. I am a UHC member. While I am waiting for surgery approval UHC and SMMC decided to get into a contract dispute. Please help bombard them with letters. Thanks..... Fax or mail letter to UHC.

https://www.shawneemission.org/news/news_home/unitedhealthcare_negotiations.html

I faxed a letter over for you, sure hope they can get things straightened out soon!!

Help me out guys. I am a UHC member. While I am waiting for surgery approval UHC and SMMC decided to get into a contract dispute. Please help bombard them with letters. Thanks..... Fax or mail letter to UHC.

https://www.shawneemission.org/news/news_home/unitedhealthcare_negotiations.html

Hey i am looking into having the LB- Can you give me what the pvt pay cost are with these docs?

Hey i am looking into having the LB- Can you give me what the pvt pay cost are with these docs?

Dont quote me on the exact price, but when I went to the initial seminar for Dr. Hoehn, his nurse said the average cost of the lapband for a self-pay patient is approximately $16,200 to $16,400...I dont know if this included any follow-up care or fills. Your best bet would be to contact the office personally or register to attend one of the seminars.

Here is a link to just a few of the surgeons in the Kansas City area, might want to do some comparison shopping if you plan on going the self-pay route.

http://obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeons+in+kansas.html

Research the doctors as well as the prices!! :)

I did talk with Billie yesterday, and she said they called my insurance co. to verify the proper mailing address before they sent the papers in....(Thanks Billie!!) so I'll give them a few more days to receive them...hopefully by Tuesday at the latest!

Take a look at my new signature!! :clap2:

Now I just need to get my pre-op appointment and my surgery date!!!

(Thinking of you Chantay...how are you holding up?)

:clap2: YEAH MARY YEAH!!! I knew you would get approved!! I actually wrote on her last night but the stupid things said I wasnt signed in even though I was and when I clicked submit I lost what I wrote so I got frusterated and signed off:( Anyhow I am betting youll have surgery by the end of May... I got in to see Dr Hoehn right away but I actually had to wait almost 2 weeks since I had to get approved to be off work. It will go fast so be prepared! :) I am doing pretty good I start my liquids tomorrow MONDAY I work Mon and Tue then surgery is Wed at 730am!! I promise to get on and let you know actually since it seems no one ever gets on this site anymore why dont you and anyone else who would like to keep in touch just email me at ChantayMarie71@aol.com ~Tay

Congrats Mary, and only two days left Chantay! Amazing! I'll keep the both of you in my prayers.

- Diane

Thanks Chantay and Diane!! I just got my pre-op appointment...its for this Wednesday!! I'll know my surgery date by the next support group meeting, which is what I have been hoping for!!

:clap2:

Since you wont be at the meeting Chantay, I'll be sure to email you and let you know when the surgery date is!!

Mary - Congrats! I'm so excited for you.

Chantay - How is it coming? Are you doing all right? When do you start into mushies or solids?

All - Anyone out there interested in joining me and a few others to walk once or twice a week? I'm not talking about power walking or marathons. Just a nice slow walk.

Let me know.

That sounds like a very good idea Diane!! Especially now, since the next few support meetings are up in the air. If its someplace close enough that I wont have to get on the highways (a phobia of mine...lol) I'd like to join you in walking!!

Hi everyone Im finally feeling "better" this is day 3. And I honestly was regretting my decision when I got home after surgery...I was feeling horrible!! I will update more when I can I just wanted to say Im ok thanks for all the thouhts and prayers! ~Chantay oh PS I had to go to my PCP yesterday for BP meds and I am down 7lbs from my highest weight! That was at my pre op appt 5 weeks ago. I bet I lost it in the last 3 days.

Chantay,

It does get better. You say you felt "horrible" what was wrong, Surgery, Pain, Gas Pain, Hunger Pain, Mental Pain over the fear of the loss of food, or All of the above? I've heard of people having bad pains from the gases they blow you up with during surgery though I don't remember experiencing that myself. I'd had my gallbladder removed a few years earlier and had a horrible post surgery experience. So all I can remember about my post surgery pain is that I kept thinking it was so much better than the last gall bladder surgery. On the other side I didn't have a very good time with the hunger pains wether it was real hunger or just the head hunger and sense of what have I done and will I ever enjoy food again? To this day I still have no desire for another serving of Jello. I remember being so excited when I could start in on the cream Soups, which I promptly decided included cheese soups right or wrong. They never tasted so good. But now I don't really feel any sense of loss when it comes to food. I really can eat most anything assuming I chew it well enough. Though there certain foods I use to think I liked eating that now I feel are just not worth the chewing effort.

You will get through this. Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Mary and all other interested parties...

Our first walking date is Wednesday at 7:30pm. At the Pioneer Trail Junior high and its on the corner of Blackbob and 127th street in Olathe. Currently I'm meeting up with Machelle who has posted here before and possibly her husband to walk. For those who haven't met me I'm a short red head with glasses and wil be in jeans. Machelle says she has glasses and shoulder-length brown hair and usually wear it in a pony tail.

Look forward to seeing as many as possible. This could be the start of something great.