Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

If you aren't already, take pictures. Taking them nude is best, but if you aren't comfortable with that, try to take them in the same outfit. The side by side evidence this provides will help. I have to do it to see a difference, and even then I rationalize it (flattering angle, those clothes are slimming, etc.) Just keep doing it, and eventually it's going to be undoubtable.

REMINDER

There is another walking date tonight (Wed May 9th) at 7:30pm.

We are meeting At the Pioneer Trail Junior High Track. Its on the corner of Blackbob and 127th street in Olathe.

For those who haven't met me I'm a short red head with glasses.

This isn't be a marathon or foot race, just a walk at your own pace to get us all moving.

NOTE: If it decides to rain tonight we will be meeting at the Olathe Great Mall of the Plain inside the Entrance to the South of Burlington Coat Factory.

Feel free to call if you have any questions 913-710-3390.

Sorry I cant make the walks...well its just so far away and with gas prices plus I work evenings now and this is one fo my two days off to be w/the family. Talk to you all soon~Tay

Chantay....how are you feeling?? How bad were the gas pains and did they go away quickly??

I'm getting a little nervous now, only 13 days left to my surgery date and today, I signed the surgery consent papers, paid my deductible, had all my pre-op bloodwork and EKG. The only thing left for me is to attend the pre-op education class, and that will be tomorrow.

I finally broke down yesterday and bought a few blouses (great clearance sale at Walmart on Shawnee Mission Parkway) that were several sizes smaller than what I normally wear. I wanted to get a few pairs of jeans ($4 a pair on clearance!!) but my youngest son told me that I was to old to wear those kind of jeans...LOL He said that I would have to many men looking at me and he would have to "seriously kick some butt" He's 9!! Gotta love the off-handed compliments that kids say!! LOL

Chantay - I understand the gas prices are beating me up as well. And my husband doesn't like me being away from our son but Wednesdays he goes to a bible study and can take Brian for a children's bible class as well so it works out for me.

Mary - I'd love to see you come. No reason to wait until after the surgery. You could pick our brains in person with any last minute questions or worries.

I had 3 people show up last week. Including one who was banded 6-1/2 years ago, and one that was only banded 6 weeks ago. We walked at the 6-wk post op gals pace. She stayed in the inside lane and the gal (Jen) that was 6+ years out walked backwards (most of the time) in the outside lane. I was somewhere in the middle of the track. Having other people around really made it easier to walk more than I would have if I'd just been there alone with my thoughts, not to mention my aches and pains.

If you aren't already, take pictures. Taking them nude is best, but if you aren't comfortable with that, try to take them in the same outfit. The side by side evidence this provides will help. I have to do it to see a difference, and even then I rationalize it (flattering angle, those clothes are slimming, etc.) Just keep doing it, and eventually it's going to be undoubtable.

I have taken some pics and now see the difference (not nude). I was able to find a program on my computer that put the pics side by side and was able to see. Thanks

Tomorrow is MY day!! Woo Hoo!!

If y'all could send out a prayer and/or a good thought, I'd really appreciate it!! All this time I have been so calm about the whole thing, now I'm in a panic! Oh no, not about the surgery itself, I'm afraid the alarm wont go off, and I'll over-sleep!! LOL

hugger....I'll give you a call after I get home and rest up just a bit!!

Tomorrow is MY day!! Woo Hoo!!

If y'all could send out a prayer and/or a good thought, I'd really appreciate it!! All this time I have been so calm about the whole thing, now I'm in a panic! Oh no, not about the surgery itself, I'm afraid the alarm wont go off, and I'll over-sleep!! LOL

Mary you are in thoughts and prayers. Set 2 alarm clocks! Its been a long journey to this next one. Take care and let us know how you are. GOOD LUCK!!

I have been restless all night just doing the worring for you. I just finally woke up from a nap. I am thinking about you Mary and know that you will be just fine. Don't worry about calling me unless you want to. Just rest. I have an appointmnt with Dr. H today to have my first fill. I know I need it because I can eat more now. Yeah, it took 3 months till I needed a fill. I have finally lost enough weight that I need it. I am nervous about it but will have my mom there to hold my hand.

Sharron-- have you heard anything yet? Are you approved? Let us know so that we can Celebrate with you!!!

I just got back from Dr. H's office and had my first fill. Wow, I was really shocked on how the first fill went. It didn't hurt. Tim was the one who did it and Dr.H came in afterwards. Tim put in 1cc. I felt the tightness right away. I can really only take little sips. So, I am sticking to liquids for the next 24 hrs and then do some soft foods again. I only lost 7.6 lbs this past month so I am now down to 262lbs.

Total loss 63lbs.

I just got back from Dr. H's office and had my first fill. Wow, I was really shocked on how the first fill went. It didn't hurt. Tim was the one who did it and Dr.H came in afterwards. Tim put in 1cc. I felt the tightness right away. I can really only take little sips. So, I am sticking to liquids for the next 24 hrs and then do some soft foods again. I only lost 7.6 lbs this past month so I am now down to 262lbs.

Total loss 63lbs.

63lbs....way to go...that is great!!!

***NEWS FLASH***

Just heard a couple minutes ago on NPR radio this morning that Walt Bodine's show today is going to be discussing the "reasons and risks behind surgical weight loss". I hope they give the lapband procedure more than just a mention. I'm at work but am planning on trying to listen to live via the internet and either call or e-mail in.

For anyone else that can't listen live. Walts shows are available to listen to free online 1-2 days after it airs at KCUR.org.

I just read my email from Mary and she is doing fine. Surgery went fine. Said that she was in little bit of pain and was trying not to take the pain killers. Once a little more rested she will get online again and give more info.

**Kisses** To Mary to make the pain go away.

Mary can't wait to hear from you!! Hows that 8lb bowling ball?? Hey hugger WOW on the weight loss...last ck I have lost 21lbs I had my band April 25th so almost 5 weeks ago...but Ive been eating more lately naughty naughty...but of course its WAY better than I was eating and a whole lot less....I have my first fill next wed with dr H also...glad yours turned out ok cuz im nervous too. Hey can anyone feel their band?? I have the vanguard and I swear I can feel it expecially when I lay on my right side I feel it on my left like by my ribs yah think?? Hope everyones great! ~Chantay