Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Anyway - good idea Robin, we can set up our own thread and quit monopolizing my super size thread. But I can't post in here anymore 'cause I'm in MO. ;)

Scheduled for another fill next Friday! I'm at 2 in a 4, so I'm going to see about 1/4 cc or so. I have restriction, just not enough... but don't want an overfill either.

Angela-

You are so on top of it!!!! This is cool....it will be fun to talk back and forth in here on our own little thread.

I just happened to run over this thread by accident while I was looking at all of your posts Angela. I e-mailed Holly and told her it was here. I'll IM Cate and let her know too. I don't know anyone else from support group that comes here yet. Maybe we can share with them on Thursday. I think this is a great way to take it to another level so to speak, and support each other even more.

I'm glad you're getting another fill....Way to stay on top of it. I definitely need another fill. But at this point, I'm waiting for all of my other issues to get resolved....we shall see what the week holds. It should be interesting!

Anyway, hope you're having a great day! Talk to you later.....Robyn

I am also going in for a fill next friday. Mine's at 230, so maybe I will see you there. I'm going for fill #2. I have 4 ccs so far in my VG. I am definitely ready for some more.

Robyn, thanks for the PM. We should definitely bring this up at the next meeting. This will also be a good way for me to keep in touch once I move.

So I started swimming a few days ago. Seriously, when was the last time you guys went swimming? It is HARD. But I like it. I'm such a media junkie that it's nice to have 30 minutes or so where I don't have music/reading/tv etc.

Did we decide about where we are going post-meeting. I'm a MO gal too btw.

Cate-

I only WISH I could swim. I can tread Water, does that count????:rant: I am THE MOST uncoordinated person that was ever created. Turning my head and taking a deep breath while kicking my legs and moving my arms one at a time just doesn't work for me....I end up taking a big breath with my mouth in the water!!! Maybe I need to start by going back to the pre-school swim classes!

I started Jazzercizing last week...and boy does that make me feel stupid. It's fun and everyone is really nice and non-judgemental. Good music and lots of bouncing (if you want)......I wish I had a videotape of me doing it yesterday....it was hilarious and soooo embarrassing, I'll tell you about it on Thursday. Makes me feel good to feel my blood actually flowing through every inch of my body though. Also they mix it up so much, that an hour of exercise only feels like about 15 minutes.

I know you are moving Cate, but what area are you in now? I'm outside of the Lee's Summit area.

Robyn, I'm super uncoordinated too. I will be swimming and be like "Oh, right, I'm supposed to be kicking too!" I must look like I'm drowning half the time. But I don't mind.

Right now I'm in the Brookside/Plaza area. I live with my parents (Woohoo I'm a way-cool 22 year old)

Okay Holli-

YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! Nobody really talks about it much, and I've thought about it, but how do you bring that subject up to Dr. H or at support group? And besides, what is he going to do about it?? I think it is a seriously bad problem to have though. I haven't really said anything much to my hubby either because I'm afraid he will get a complex about his weight on me or something, which isn't the issue. I noticed it much more with my last port than I did with this new one. Although I'm pretty focused during the moment on the pain I am having on the right side of my abdomen from the stupid herniated tubing poking through my abdomen!!

Okay so now onto that subject girls....I had my ultrasound this morning and it is definitely herniated tubing and NOT an infection. To me that is kind of good news, because the infections are so hard to treat. But such a bummer to have to have a 4th surgery. Not to mention...during the ultrasound I could clearly see lots of little mysterious circles on the screen at one point. I said to the tech....Don't tell me that's my gall bladder!! She said yep it is....so now I'm scared I'll have this hernia thing repaired and then in the next couple months have to have my gallbladder/gallstones taken out. The pain that I have been relating to the "lump" in my stomach is fairly close to where my gall bladder is. Although I know I am not having full blown gall bladder attacks, who's to say that some of the discomfort couldn't be related to that. I'm gonna ask if we can just take the dang thing out prophylactically to prevent another surgery in my future. We'll see.:angry

I'm just talking out loud as I usually do. Too much stress to keep in my little head right now. I just need a break. I want to experience peace and tranquillity and just live life, forgetting at times that my band is there, not acting up or giving me problems. I have never truly got to experience that yet. I really haven't even had 2 weeks to just settle and not think about some sort of problem that is going on and just LIVE.

Okay that was dramatic....I'll shut up now! How's everybody doing this week? How was the weekend?

Robyn

There is another girl who has mentioned posts here, but I don't know her name. :) She's shorter, reddish hair, likes to make ice cream from Protein powder. That probably doesn't help much!

Cate - I LOVE swimming! I have advanced scuba diving certification ("specialties" in night diving & deep diving) and I'd be pretty hosed if I couldn't swim! Love it love it. I could spend the entire day in a pool. This probably sounds way more "new age" than I want it to, but I "get" Water. It calms me. As a kid I spent hours on a floaty in the ocean, eyes closed, just feelings the waves bump me up and down. And I agree - it's a GREAT workout!

Cate - you're relatively close to where I work. Damn close to where I used to work (The H&R Block WHQ on Main, just behind the Mill Creek park... kind of diagnol across the park to PF Chang's/Cheesecake Factory). Now I'm off of 169 just north of the river - Briarcliff area. My husband works just off I-35 in the Southwest Trafficway area, next door to Boulevard. If you know where The Roasterrie is, his building is across from that. I love the Brookside area, several of my friends live there, great diversity! And they have those trendy little "BKS" stickers, too! :P

Holli - no problems with sex, but at the same time - no hubby on my chest during sex either (he's just under 6'5). I'll bring it up at support group this week if you guys want to get others' opinions, won't bother me a bit. I'm the very direct, shameless, "say it like it is" type.

My weekend was typical. Friday was dinner with friends, father's day on Saturday, and yesterday was sleeping in & working on school.

Everyone up for some Panera or something after group on Thu?

Yep-

I'm in....Holli was supposed to check on how late Panera is open....did ya...huh???? did ya!!:heh: :heh:

Hold your tongue and Stop saying those bad words Wheetsin (P.F. Changs/Cheesecake Factory)!!!! :)

BTW Angela-

Did you know that if you go scuba diving you are supposed to have ALL of your fill taken out. Just mentioned that because there is a girl I work with who is a HUGE fan of scuba diving and they are getting ready to go to the Carribean. She just happened to mention it to her doc at her last visit and he freaked out and told her she MUST get an unfill because the band's ability to withstand pressure has only been proven to 50 feet below or something weird like that.....You probably already know that though because you are so smart :)

Oh yeah, I'm bouncing back and forth on the fill. I went ahead and scheduled it for 1:30, so I should be called back to the room around... what... 3:45? :)

I'm debating because I'm getting stuck pretty frequently, randomly, even with tiny bites of mushy food (I got stuck on applesauce). Not always, but at least once or twice a week, but no PBing (not since the last time over a month ago). On the flip side, while I certainly feel full more quickly, but I also still feel that if I wanted to keep eating I could. On the flip flip side, don't want to get overfilled.

I may just show up and leave it up to him. Billie said he "feels" whether or not someone needs a fill, so maybe let him poke me and see how it feels, leave it up to him, and if I get a fill great, and if I don't, I don't.

I'm really having a hard time with this whole "Do I need a fill?" decision! I'm too analytical.

You know the white oval country stickers like these: GB_great_britain.gif

Brookside has their own that say "BKS" (Brookside) of a country code. I couldn't figure out what it meant and had to ask someone. :)

OMG panera addiction alert. i used to go there all the time before banding. it would make me after-thanksgiving stuffed. actually, i was probably more stuffed post-panera than post-thanksgiving.

I just called the 75th & Antioch location, they are only open until 8pm.

We could go somewhere in downtown Overland Park... There's a coffeeshop there called Mildreds... I haven't been there in years, but I'm pretty sure it still exists. What areas are convenient for people? There's a Winsteads near there I think.

I'm up for anything.....I don't know that area AT ALL...so as long as I can follow someone there and BACK to the nearest highway. What about like American Bandstand or something on Metcalf??? Is that too far away? I think there is a Mexican Restaurant in the same strip mall of the Panera that is across the street from Hoehn's office. Are Margarita's Band-friendly. I haven't had one in 6+ months....but I'm thinking that sounds good about right now. (Sorry.....I'm not 'purposely' trying to be a bad influence!!! :faint: :):P :heh: :o )

Angela-I STILL go through the dumb "to fill or not to fill" problems. The one and only thing I HATE about the band is there is absolutely NO consistency in the levels of restriction. Day by Day, and even hour by hour it changes. I can eat literally a 5 course meal one day, then puke on 1 bite of mashed potatoes the next.....go figure!! Point being...I feel your pain. It's all trial and error. I know how much you hate the thought of PB'ing....but at least if you do get a little too tight, you can have it taken out just as quickly as you had it put in.