Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Hey everyone,

MEW, I think it is great to be that enthusiastic and you go for that goal but don't get disappointed if you don't make it. I know that there was about 2 months where I lost that much but don't compare yourself to me. I think that you could make about 15 lbs this month. You go for it.

I hope everyone is having a great extended weekend and since I don't get paid for the day I am going to have to work longer hours for the next few days.

Later....

Jeanette

Diane and hugger...you're both right, I think I set my goals a little to high :confused: But ya know what...I'm still gonna try, even if I can olny make it to 15 pounds, I'll be tickled pink!

I gotta tell ya about a non-scale victory I had 3 days ago...I still giggle to myself when I think about it!!

To make a long story short, when I'm at home and dont have to go out anywhere during the day, I wear sweat/jogging type pants, much easier to clean in and way more comfortable!! Anyway...with all the Water I drink, I have to make frequent trips to the bathroom. Well, Saturday, I really had to pee...I'm mean I was literally doing the "pee pee dance" waiting at the bathroom door for my youngest to come out (the downfall of only having 1 bathroom) When I was finally able to get in there, I grabbed my pants by the waist and yanked them down...did my thing....and when I went to pull my pants back up, it hit me!!! I was wearing jeans!! Not sweats!! I was able to pull my jeans down without unbuttoning them or unzipping them!! So, just for the fun of it...I tried to pull them back up while they were still zipped and buttoned...and they slid up over my hips without any problems!!

I figure one more week and I can happily toss this size of jeans in the "Donate" box and pull out the smaller sizes from my closet, before they literally fall off me while I'm out in public!! :)

Diane...I'm only about 10 minutes from the Legends...I'd love to join you in walking there!!

Speaking of Christmas...I was at Hobby Lobby and Micheals over the weekend and was floored that all their aisles are filled with Christmas crafting supplies....guess they need to get them on the shelves, but its still summer!! :)

I'm heading back outside to mow...my exercise for the day!!

Hope everyone is healthy and happy!! (I really do need to reply to a few emails, I will when I get a few extra minutes!!!)

*HUGS* to everyone!!!

Jeanette (Hugger) was great to meet you Saturday - I had a great time talking with you and Victoria at the Outback after the meeting. If at all possible I'll be there next month but not sure with it being just days after my PS.

Mary (MEW) - Just send me a PM and I'll give you my cell number. Me and another bandster are thinking of starting to walk there on Mondays. But the day is flexible.

Also Mary or anyone else. Just thought I'd post that I heard at Malley's suppport group last weekend that they are looking for a Nurse Practicioner (or higher certification) to assist with giving fills. I wish I had the training. I'd love to work in a lapband office, maybe I'd get free fills.

Tracy - we missed you Saturday! How are you doing?

Have any of you seen that there is going to be a Lapbandtalk get together in Vegas the end of January? Here's a link to the thread. I'm really hoping to get my husband to "let" me go without a big argument. If I do maybe some of us could all go together and share a couple of rooms.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/vegas-january-agenda-next-steps-39545/

Mary-- That is soooo funny. I almost pee'd my pants reading that. I am so happy for you. I think we have all had one of those moments in one way or another. I am glad you finally got yours.

Diane-- I had such a good time and felt so much better about myself after going to that meeting. I was so glad I got to meet you and Vic. You are both very awesome people. You both corrupted me and I went to Sheridian's and had a little cup of something. I felt really bad for eating it afterwards but then thought to myself that if I don't have something every now and again I am going to exploid.

So, I feel better about having just the little bit now.

I am hoping to go but no promises. I can only go if I get hired on permantly to Sprint and have vacation time avail. If not I can't go. As a contractor I don't get paid vacation time or vaca time period.

I hope to see you next month. I know it is just a few days after your surgery but I hope that you are feeling up to it and can come. I know that I can't wait for the next meeting. We are going to have to get Mary and Sharron to come too.... There meeting was more helpful.

I better get to my homework... Talk to you all later.

**HUGS**

Way to go Mary!!! Thats great. Maybe at next meeting you will have to give us a demonstration...lol., The scale says I am at a standstill. I am going to go get a fill Friday. Everyone here says that on my size band the 1st fill doesnt do much restriction, so I figured I will get it out of the way and I should be safe on vacation.

Today is my two year bandversary!! :whoo:

I thought it would be a good time to look back and reflect on my progress so far.

START – 254 BMI 45.2

1ST YR – 183 BMI 32.4 (66% EWL since start)

2ND YR – 165 BMI 29.2 (*82 % EWL since start)

*OR 49% EWL of remaining excess weight during second year.

GOAL? – 146 BMI 25.9??

Determining the percentages of weight loss is a bit tricky as my goal is constantly changing even while typing this e-mail I can't decide on a true final goal. I would really like to think I'll be happy with whatever my weight is after I have my extended Tummy Tuck in a few weeks which I'm thinking will put me somewhere in the 150's but I really wish I could get down to a healthy BMI of 25 which is how I set the above goal.

I am terrible about beating myself up over what I consider to be a big failure in weightloss this 2nd year but one thing we all keep forgetting is that the medical establishment considers anyone that loses over 50% of their excess body weight with this method to be a success, which I exceeded easily my first year. Even looking at the percentage of excess I've lost during this second year I was within 1% of reaching that 50% goal a second time, and yet self defeatists that most of us are, we don't seem to be happy unless we are able to beat even the odds for the band and lose ALL our excess weight. I worry that attitude actually contributes to some of us regaining weight when we finally realize we aren't going to lose it all and then start eating through the depression that ensues rather than being happy with our successes.

One last note. Below is an interesting link showing various methods of calculating your ideal body weight. One of which is a calculation of what other people your age, sex, height & current weight would say an ideal weight would be for you. I've looked at this site several times over the last few years and yet I just figured out that the "peer" figure is constantly changing as you lose weight. I use to think it was a weight that the population as a whole thought someone your height, sex & age should weigh, not what others the same height, sex, age & CURRENT weight thought they ought to weigh. But it is still an interesting and surprisingly accurate figure. I remember when I started out in the 250's I thought the 170's would be good then when I got to the 200's I thought that it should be more like 150's now that I'm in the 160's I'm thinking more like the 140's. Sadly, for my height, the website says that until I get down to 115 my peers will still think I need to lose weight. OMG!!!:car: Does that mean that even if I do get to the 130's I'll still feel like a failure that needs to lose more weight? $#!t I sure hope NOT! PLEASE, someone B!#@# slap me around a bit if I do!:heh:

http://www.halls.md/ideal-weight/body.htm

Happy Bandaversary!!! Congrats on making thru the 2nd year. I think you make a good point. I am doing the same thing. I keep changing my weight goal and then change it back. I hope that once I get to 170 or so that I am just happy and that if I lose more or get into the 160's I would be estatic.

Thanks for the insite.

Hey everyone!!! Just weighted myself and down 90lbs!!...Can't wait to see everyone. I am coming to the meeting this saturday as long as my sister isn't in labor. She is due at any moment!!

Diane...I hope your plastics went well. I hope you are feeling ok and can't wait to see you again.

I have lots of clothes that I can pass on. Some coats and lots of spring and summer. Sizes 22-28....I will bring in bags to the next meeting and anyone can help themselves.

Jeanette...I've said it before, and I'll say it again....

YOU are my inspiration!!! Congratulations on the wonderful loss!! Looking forard to your "100 pounds lost!!" post in the near future!!

Congratultions are also in order on becoming "Aunt Jeanette"!!

Desiray is a beautiful baby girl with a name to match!! Enjoy the time with her...my niece is now a mommy herself and expecting her 2nd child soon...they grow up so fast!!

Am I crazy, or could this actor (Kevin McKidd) and Dr. H be brothers? I walked by the TV and saw this guy on, and thought it was Dr. H for a split second.

post-205294-13813135776606_thumb.jpg

post-205294-13813135776691_thumb.jpg

post-205294-13813135776861_thumb.jpg

Hey Angela or anyone else know where Billie is now? I was thinking of sending her a Christmas card. I really mis her.