Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Thankyou for the update. That is a long time to wait in so much pain. You would think he could get someone who isn't banded yet to postpone their surgery a few days.

I'll keep you in my prayers.

Hey, How is everyone doing? I haven't had internet for over a week so I haven't been online. One of the big storms last week blew our cable and they finally brought us a new box so that we could have internet again. :clap2: Mary, how are you doing? Feeling better? I am struggleing now. I have been for the past couple of weeks. Not able to get in all my Protein or Vitamins, of course it would help if we had money to get groceries. I started the new job this week and I am liking it. I don't get paid till next week so I won't be able to get any of my vitamins or more protein till then and that is if I have any money left over from paying off some bills that are behind.

My younger sister has moved in and we just had the sonogram to determine what she is having. It's a GIRL!!!

I will check back in later.

Im trying to ad pics so this is a test, I did it as an attachment but wanted it actually right here in the message body anyone know how to do that? (that is if it doesnt work) Anyways this is me at 345 lbs

Sorry Chantay. The pic didn't work and I'm not sure how to do it. Just wanted to say hi back at you. This board has been too quiet lately.

I can't wait till our next support group meeting.

June, 2007 - LapBand Support Group Meeting

Thursday, June 28, 6:00 - 7:30 p.m.

Shawnee Mission Conference Room, inside Human Resources Entrance

Shawnee Mission Medical Center

Guest Speaker: Dan Isbell, owner of Manna Nutrition, on "Ask Dan the Man: Everything You Wanted to Know About Vitamins & Protein But ..."

I need a fill. I am able to eat more again. I can't get in till July 2nd!!!....They sd that they are really booked. I am really trying to make sure that I only eat a small amount. I have to keep telling myself that my eyes are bigger than my stomach. Plus now that I have started a new job there is a girl there that had the lapband in 2005 and she eats everything that you shouldn't. She drinks pop and eats lots of crackers and Cookies. She sd that she is wants to lose slowly and not give up all her favorite things. I hate it when she eats all that stuff. I have to wonder how she gets it all down and how she even eats lunch.

Ok, I just had to get that off my chest. I will surpass her and in losing weight and just be happy with myself and not the way she has chosen to use her tool.

does anyone have united healthcare...i am changing jobs and going from one ins to another i am wondering how that will work with getting my fills etc...hubbys ins is UH or i can get it through my new job and its cigna but much higher cost...anyone had experience with changing ins after surgery and still needing appts with the dr???

im going in for my second fill today with dr H ia m able to eat quite a bit as well...i had my first fill may 30 4cc in my 10cc band but i ate a small soft taco one meal last week and didnt even realize i ate it all till afterwards!! then last night i had a grilled cheese sandwich and some chips, not that im OVEREATING but i am eating more than i think i should be able to with the band. BANDED 04/25/2007 30lbs gone so far but we see what the official scales say today ~Chantay

Hi Guys-

Wanted to give a quick update. I had my surgery on Tuesday. Thought it would be the usual in and out, but they didn't perform it laproscopically. I have a 2-3 inch incision and it hurt WAY more than any of the other surgeries. I guess he wanted to make sure he got in there and fixed it for good this time. After the surgery, they could NOT get my pain under control for anything....SO, I ended up spending the night on a morphine pump. Funny, in one of my previous posts I think I was joking about a pain pump, then I ended up being put on one. He said the tubing had definitely broken through all the layers of my abdomen except for my skin of course. That's why it was hurting again so much. He stitched me up instead of using the usual staples....so that's kind of nice, as I haven't had to be bothered by the pulling sensation that those staples cause until they come out. Anyway, I'm at home, tired...but doing fine.

Wow Robyn, you have been through so much...I will keep you in my prayers. Im guessing the percentage of peolpe these kinda things happen to isnt that big? (newbie here, hoping not to run into any complications) I had 1cc added to my band last week so Im at 5cc in my 10cc VG and Im feeling good! Im having restriciton so far, AND have lost 27.5 lbs and today I am 2 mos post op!! ~Chantay

Robyn, PS what happened to your sister Holly? Im the one who worked at Caremark with her.

Robyn

I'm glad to hear your surgery is done. I'm so sorry you've had to go through all these struggles.

Well I was thinking I would come here and find some updates...but we have all been MIA...how is everyone?? I go in for fill number 4 next week...that will make me 6cc full ~Chantay

Well I was thinking I would come here and find some updates...but we have all been MIA...how is everyone?? I go in for fill number 4 next week...that will make me 6cc full ~Chantay

How are you doing?? How much have you lost so far? I think people are busy with summer, not much activity here lately!

Hi there..well I think I have lost 30 so far...but I am eating to much so when I go in for my fill tomorrow Im not sure what them dang scales will say...Im worried...Is is normal to get to a point where you think you are eating to much and actually wonder if your stretching out your pouch or somethings wrong with your band?? Not that I really think I have either of those problems..Im not pigging like preband but i ate a small soft taco tonight...and i felt full so i didnt eat more..but then a couple of hrs later i had another one..but i dont think i should be able to eat a whole soft taco...or should I?? lets see what other exaples...how about a half of a sandwich and some cottage cheese...is that normal to be able to eat that much before you get real good restiction?? I have 5cc in and i go in for another cc tomorrow...~Chantay