Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

Ghost....

You look outstanding!!! I will try to post a before pic. I know that there is a big difference.

I know that I am struggleing on going to the meetings but I go to see you guys and that is it...I get so upset when there is another person there delegating the meetings and I really think we should take the meetings over more ourselves. The last few sessions there has just been mostly pre op people and just a few of us post ops and we were the ones answering all the questions anyway.

Hopefully it will get better.

I hope that you will come to the next one.

2b...I know it is mostly hard work and some of her camera. :)

Hey Hey Hey....Is anyone going to the meeting tomorrow night? I AM....I havent been since before surgery so that would have been in March...and I'm going cuz I need a break..a night w/out the kids and hubby!! I go in for my 4th fill on Friday the first fill was 4cc in my 10cc band then 1 more cc after that each visit but I am eating whatever and almost however much I want right now..Im gonna ask for 1.5 cc this time cuz I have NO restriction....geeze I felt like like I had more restricton a couple of fills ago...could that be? Plus I have been naughty and settling down for some ice cream with my me time in the evenings..anyone else naughty?? I have a dang treadmill and dont even use it...I can just about guarantee I have gained since last visit ;)( guess we will see...Hope to see some of you tomorrow night...HI MARY!!!!!! HI DIANE!!!! ~Chantay

Hi Chantay!!!

Glad to hear you'll be at the meeting tomorrow night!! Unfortunately, Hubby says I cant go...LOL He says I have to go to the Chiefs/Saints game instead *giggle*

I'm hoping you will be going to the September meeting as well?? It would be nice to see you again!!

I went in for another fill today, so I am at a total of 3 cc in my 4 cc band...I seem to lose my restriction about 2 weeks after I get a fill and then have to wait 2 weeks for another one and hope that my will power can hold out for me. Its back to liquids for me, then onto the mushy phase again....after I start back on solid Proteins, I'll let y'all know if I'm reaching my sweet spot or getting anywhere near it!

Someone please fill me in on the info from the meeting, if ya dont mind!!

I have a question for everyone.... I made a new friend over the weekend and she has a band and she just moved here from Louisana. She really needs a support group. Of course our group doesn't allow outsiders. Anyone know of a support group that will allow anyone to come???? Thanks

I went to support group last night and really didn't like how the group went. I really felt like it was more of another seminar than a support group. There were a lot of people there that have only been to the seminar and aren't set up for anything else. I was under the impression that people weren't supposed to come to support group meetings till they were approved for surgery or they were seeing Dr. Sabapathy.... I left there frustrated.

I came home and had a glass of cold milk and I really wanted some ice cream.

Anyway quick update on weight loss. I went in for my 6 month post op update and have made it down to 244lbs.... total loss of 81lbs.

Hugger - you are doing GREAT!!!! Congratulations on the hard work.

There is an online group called KCBandsters. I can get you the link if you don't already have it. They use to meet once a month at a local library but stopped meeting nearly a year ago. Most of the people that attended that meeting including its founder who was banded in Mexico before it was approved in the US now attend a group that meets in Doctor Malley's office. The group is a good mix of newer and older bandsters. Usually there is only 1 or two people that are scheduled for surgery but haven't had it yet. The moderator has also been banded which I love. There are usually around 20-25 people and I'd say at least 20% of them were not banded by Malley.

I'd love to see you come if only so we could go out for lunch or coffee together afterwards.

10:00 am-11:30 am

2nd Floor Brill Eye Center

- Just North of the Lamar & Johnson Dr Intersection, Mission, KS

Backed by Dr. Malley's Office but open to all.

I was going to mention the MalleyBandWagon!

Septembers meeting will be in his office, but Darlene is moving to New Hope (435&Nall) and in OCTOBER the meetings will be moved there. She said that she will be sending out emails with all the details. (I was just there this morning for a fill) I am going to try to make it to Septembers meeting. The nurses are hosting it as Darlene will be on vacation.

Thanks for responding ladies. I have not heard of kcbandsters. I don't know the location that you are talking about for the meetings. I am a northlander and don't know much of the area beyond SMMC. Please email me info and directions. What day are they on? or What week of the month?...I would love to meet you and go have lunch afterwards. Again thanks for the info ladies.

Diane...Just wanted to tell you that I am so glad you got a date for your PS, and I'll be following your progress very closely...looking forward to seeing a few "after" pics if you dont mind posting them!

You have done so well with your weight loss...I'm adding you to my list of "inspirational people"!!

Well...that last fill seems to be doing the trick!! I'm at 3 cc's in my 4 cc band, and was just a little to tight the first few days which I attributed to swelling, but now that the swelling is gone...the restriction is there in full force!! I'm still able to tolerate most foods (breakfast sausage is NOT my friend anymore lol) but cant eat as much as I was....

I was ashamed to go in for a fill, didnt want to show my failure at the weight loss..but next appointment, I'll be going in there singing and dancing!! LOL I want to be able to go back in to Dr. Hoehn's office (Sept 19th) and show a loss of 20 pounds...is that feasible, or am I setting myself up for more disappointment? I still have 2 1/2 weeks until the appointment and since I have already lost 7, thats only 13 pounds to go.

I'll let y'all know how it goes!!

hugger....Your pictures amaze me everytime I look at them!!

2bthinagn....How are you feeling?

Diane...I hope someday we can meet...maybe a little get together for all of us somewhere? lunch?

Oh Shucks!! I hate when I cant edit a post..those dang smileys!! Grrrrr....

Anyway....Chantay, didnt want you to think I forgot about you!! I'd love to see you again!! With your new job, are you able to make it to the support group meetings now??

MEW - 13 pounds in 2-1/2 weeks sounds a bit aggressive but you go for it girl! Just don't set yourself up for feeling like a failure when you have already succeeded. I found with my fills that first year. I would usually loose fairly well the first week to 10 days after a fill then struggle to maintain that loss until the next fill. Then if I did "too well" it would be an even bigger struggle to convince Hoehn to give me the next fill. There were actually times I would try to weigh more just for his weigh ins. (Heavier clothes, extra Water intake, leaving coins & cell phone in pocket, etc..)

I'm always forgetting what areas you are all in. But I'd love to meet with any/all of you to walk. I walk at Zona Rosa, Olathe Great Mall and want to start in at Legends too. I just don't want to drive to the East side of town.

I also had a Christmas party at my house for any & all bandsters that wanted to come last year and am planning on doing the same this year. It should be fun. Some people I haven't seen since last year. I might not recognize them.