Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

SMMC LB support group chicas

WOOHOO!! Im approved!! Billie called me today and said...I have good news...I was like, you do?? She said yes your ins co approved your surgery!! I go see Dr Hoehn next Wed at 4 for my pre op...Im so excited FINALLY!! Oh Can somone remind me the next meeting and time please...TTYS~Chantay

Thursday March, 22nd @ 6pm. I was told by Billie that Dr Sabobathy is going to be there this month. I'm not sure yet if I can make it but I'm going to try.

I believe it's every 4th Thursday of the month at 6. That's why I always miss it - I get it in my head that it's the last Thursday.

Geeze where is everyone? I'm so excited I finally got approved and no one is here talking...well I mean im just suprised there are not more of you...but thanks Diane for your email I would love to meet you, but actually your name sounds familiar were you at the Dec meeting? Cuz I was there with my mom and little boy. I met Hollie and there were a couple of other women there...I'll be at the meeting Thu hope to meet some of you!~Chantay

I think I was at that meeting. Didn't we have a little Christmas party that day? I would have been sitting with Hollie.

As to where everyone is I don't know. A few months ago we were all posting nearly every day. Personally I hit a bit of a weightloss slump and think I sort of allowed that to cause me to withdraw a bit. Ofcourse that's probably when I needed to be connecting with others the most. My scale still isn't really moving so I'm trying to get myself reconnected to the group and shape up.

I'm planning on trying to make this months meeting. I'll most likely bring my 3 year old son with me this month.

Is Hollie's profile on here too? I never see her. Yah I remember you I was wishing I could see pics of you before...you look great! Well darn I'll be coming from work next week so I wont have my 3 yr old....I live in Indep...anyone near there?

Hello Everyone!!

Just thought I'd stop by and introduce myself. I'm Mary and I will be attending the support group meeting Thursday evening. I'm looking forward to meeting y'all!!

I've just begun my lapband journey, still have all the hoops to jump through, but its finally starting to take shape for me!

:clap2:

:welcome: Hi Mary, nice to hear from you I'll be at the group tomorrow as well. Look forward to meeting you there.

:gluck:Hey Chantay, let us know how your appointment goes today. Good Luck!!!

:grouphug:Hey all!:attention:

let's get together for some grub at the mexican place across from SMMC after group this Thursday. Any and all interested I'll see you there!

:hungry: :mad:

BTW - anyone know which room we are meeting in this month? I remember there being talk that the group was getting to big for the room by the gift shop.

- Diane

Good Luck at your appointment today Chantay!! Sure hope you get an early surgery date!!

Diane....I could be wrong, but I thought the meeting this week was going to be in the same room that the seminars are held in? (Is this the room by the gift shop?) I'm not familiar with SMMC, and when I went to the seminar, I parked on the wrong side of the building and had to have someone walk me to the room.....that was a long walk!! Maybe if I park there again Thursday night, that will count towards my walking goals?? LOL

The room by the gift shop that we were using for meetings is not the one where the seminars are held but the group was getting so big Bobbie had said a few months ago she planned on moving it to the same room as the seminars so I bet you are right. Thanks for the heads up. I wouldn't mind using it for my own walking goals but I'm usually late as it is, and I'll most likely have my 3-year old son in tow this time.

;) OK make me look it up on the site will you? I probably should have checked there to begin with.

Yup, that is the the same room as the seminars. The parking lot (if still there with all the construction) is on the far east side of the building.

The other room was in the middle of the building so to speak. And with the construction going on I usually parked on the far west side and walked across to it. Would have been quite the hike all the way over to the seminar room.

And what happened to Sabobathy being there this month? Must have had that wrong as well.

- Diane

Hey girls!! My appt went great my surgery date is 5 weeks away!! April 25th at 830am I cant wait!!! I had a nightmare last night that I showed up for my appt and I had went to the RR and came back peaked around the corner and saw Nola sitting at her desk talking to someone she looked at me and shook her head no...then she told me she would have to reschedule my appt...FOR NO REASON!! I was so upset and crying I told her I had to get off work for this appt...LOL oh the anxiety LOL I also drempt that there was like a clothes closet where people were getting to pick clothes for themselves from people who no longer needed that size..I guess that dream was due to the clothing exchange posted for the other RNY group before...but I could sure use some clothes if anyone has any HUGAMUNGO ones they dont need anymore...I will be happy to give up my old ones when I dont need them anymore...cant wait till that day!!! See you all tomorrow~Chantay

I've been waiting all day to hear your surgery date!! You dont have long to wait at all!!

Congratulations!!

I just received my appointment dates for the psych consult and nutritional consult....and that has me exited, I can just imagine how you are feeling now!!

(Dont know what size clothes you are looking for, but if I have what you need, I'd be more than glad to help you out!! PM me!!)