Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

My favorite food at this mushie stage are eggs, baked Beans, potato Soup and tuna salad. I've lost 18lbs so far! I was banded on July 5th! I feel GREAT- and some of my shorts are falling off already! Keep up the good work all us July Bandsters!

:clap2:

Yeah Paula! I was going to PM and see how you were doing! I was given the green light for regular foods last Thursday. I've had Tuna Salad, 1/2 of a hamburger, cheese broccoli soup, and last night I even had a No Name 4 oz steak! It was so tender and I chewed really well and it went down no problem! I go for my first fill on Aug. 17th. I'm down 28 as of this morning (that's since June 21st when I started my 2 week pre-op liquid). I don't go back to work until August 28th (I am a secretary in a school district), so I have a few weeks to keep working on ME! Glad to hear you're doing well ;)

I thought it would be harder to transition to regular food and it wasn't. I am thankful for that. I'm still having two shakes a day, though. I don't want to push it. I'm just supposed to make sure and get 60g Protein minimum and drink my Water along with the exercise. This has been such a wonderful experience ;)

Hi,

I was banded July 12th. My Dr. put me on soft foods last week and I see the nutritionist on Wednesday. The first week after banding I lost 11 pounds, but have only lost 1 or 2 since I went on soft foods. I can't make my ticker thing show up, it's just a link...I am such a techno geek.;)

Well, I am getting nervous! It sure helps to see how those of you who have your bands are doing!! Keep it up!! This has been encouraging to me. I will have my band on Friday!! We travel to Mexico on Thursday. My dh is going with me! I'm ready....I think...lol! I love reading the suggestions for food, etc. I bought some juices, bouillion cubes, Jello today. I will go tomorrow and get some other supplies.

I feel like get a lot of information and support from ya'll and hope that I can be a support and encouragement to you, too!! (although I'm a Michigander, living in TX for 12 years, I now speak a different language...lol)

49) July 25 - velvetkiss

50) July 25 - Halobabe

51) July 25 - JenMomto3

52) July 25 - luvtoluv

Best of luck to all of you!!! I hope your surgery is uneventful and that you get on your feet quickly, with as little discomofort as possible. Let us know how you'r doing, when your settled.

Hey all, I am on my way!!!! see ya in bandland in a few hours... Love ya alll

Ready to be THINK , and JMO- it isn't bad at all. Don't be stressed. I WAS, and now it was all for nothing.

Steph- I get to eat real food TOMORROW- but I'm really digging my tuna for lunch and eggs for dinner thing- so might stick with it, I really feel great. I'm going to take my son to San Francisco on Mon for a week, just to get away from the TX heat- I teach also- and don't go back to work until Aug 14th, so ...Gonna live it up! -just not eat it up, like I used to!

Good luck to everyone~HUGS:girl_hug:

Today is the 2 week mark. I just got my bandages off last night and I can say I am not sore finally. Small victories!! Good luck to all having the surgery this week. My thoughts are with you. I was really nervous going in, but so glad I made that choice.

Deanna

weightloss.png

So, I think I did a VERY bad thing yesterday. Stef and I were having a weak moment, we were starving, so we decided that we could have Taco Bell Pintos and cheese, 180 calories, just Beans, red sauce and cheese and all mushies!!

Ok, BIG mistake for me, the lack of being able to sip Water while I ate the pastey beans and fake cheese did not sit well a few hours later! PLus I had crazy nightmares all night and feel sick today. Never again. I am enjoying my applesauce and tea this morning.

tacobell.jpg

Jen, I'm so happy for you, I hope that your surgery went just fine! I'm sure it did. :confused:

I've been thinking of you all day today.. You should be on your way home now, if you are already not. Take it easy and relax... my good buddy.

I'll call you later..

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing.

I have 2 more days off. I go back to work Thursday. I really don't want to. I've been job hunting but nothing but a phone interview scheduled for Thur.

I've been released by my doctor to pretty much eat whatever. I'm starting out with the mushies and then moving on slowly.

Just got done with tuna salad and toasted piece of rye bread.

I have to say though for right now i'm just bored. I've healed for the most part just getting used to the funny feeling i get from the port site every now and then.

I have my next appointment at the end of August and that will be when we talk about me getting a fill.

I'm so scared to get a fill. The only reason I think that i'm scared is because that PB stuff sounds scary.

Well I'm 20 pounds down from the date I started back in December. From surgery it's 4 pounds. :clap2:

I had some complications a week out. It was all my fault.:faint: I started eating mushy food before I should have. I just got so tired of the liquid. :confused:

I had severe chest pains. I awoke with pain, sweating, and when I looked into the mirror I was VERY pale. I took tumms and all was fine.

It happened again 2 days later but not w/so much pain. I called the 24 hour hot line and the doc. on call said that because my pain went away when I sat up that it was most likley heartburn but that I should call my doctor in the morning.

I did and they said that I was having a problem because I started eating to soon. :) Asked that I stop for a few days and if I want to start again.

I started up agian over the weekend and so far all is fine. Because I'm only 14 days out my band feels that it's wide open and I can eat alot. At first I could only get 4oz in. Now I can do more.

I'm watching what I eat and I have been pain free.

I am also able to bend on my left side just about pain free too.

I think I'm going to find OA in my area and start going. I need some help on food choices and accountability.

Thank you everyone for your awesome support during my pre surgery gitters. This web site is so great. It covers so many topics.