Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Glad to see everyone is doing awesome. I am 2 weeks post op and feeling pretty good. Can't say I've been four wheeling like Sherri, but definetely feel alot better than two weeks ago. Down 14 lbs from surgery date and that feels really good. I only hope I am able to continue to lose. I saw my doctor yesterday and he wants me to begin mushies for two weeks, then go to solids. I don't have any problem with getting food down, mushies seem to go right through. I do, however, fill up with what I eat. I'm currently eating about 1/2 cup of food per meal. After eating, I tend to feel hungry again after about two hours. Well, everyone keep up the good work and let's keep each other motivated.

ericsmon, how did it go with the pizza?

I had a low carb quesadilla from this mexican restaurant and i know i should of stopped eating a long time ago but i was determined to finish it and i did.

I feel completely fine just nervous thinking that something terrible is going to happen as a result.

I'm starting to hit a bump in the road. I'm not sure what to do anymore. I know now that i used food to deal with alot of things. Now with this band i can't really enjoy eating. I'm scared when i eat and i chew till its all practically liquid. Who could enjoy that?

Now i'm going back to a job i don't enjoy and i've lost my way to deal with it and i don't know what else to do.

I've been treated for depression for almost a year now. So i'm just worried about all the emotional side affects with me losing my comfort zone.

Well I'm just venting. I guess this might be my new outlet. who knows.

Thanks to everyone for listening.

July5forme:

First of all, I love that we were banded the same day and have had similar experiences!

But I totally understand how you're feeling... It must be the 3rd week HUMP! I can now almost eat about a cup of food at a time... and its starting to scare me- like my band slipped or somethings not right. Are u still on mushies? I am for another week. But I have tried chicken (bbq and terreki sp) and everything I have eaten has gone down- no prob. (except 2nd week when I almost pbed on jello!) I am starting to feel looser and now KNOW that my Aug 14th fill can't come soon enough.

Yesterday I went to the dermatologist and told me I needed a mole removed in 2 weeks. I am very attached to that mole (I've had it my whole life and its on one of my prized boobs HAHA) and losing it will be hard. On the way home, all I could think about was EATING! I had to have a cheese stick in the car even though I wasn't even hungry. Thank goodness I had my lunch box from work with me with healthy Snacks in it. That was the point when my addiction and relief with food came into perspective. So maybe I will go to counseling after all.

All I can say is, stick with it- its HARD and until we find the sweet spot, it will be super hard.

Did I tell you that I can FEEL my port. Ever since my doc showed me where it is, sometimes I feel it and realize that its there. Its kinda gross to feel it already! I hope it doesn't stick out when I lose weight. I want to wear a bikini next summer! ahh! :tea:

CONGRATS July5forMe: WE are 3 WEEKS out and losing the emotional baggage that made us eat to begin with. We can almost replace eating with exercising. That's my goal for Aug 22nd... Starting my workout with my personal trainer in NYC. :bowl: Then the pounds should REALLY drop :) hopefully.

GOOD LUCK and don't be discouraged!

July5forme, I totally feel for ya! Ive had jobs that I did not enjoy too.

I kind of feel like getting this Lap bad will be just one small step on my journey through life. And everythings always easier to deal with when you feel good about how you look. I know its superficial to admit but its true. And things are easier to deal with when you are comfortable. Like when you put on some jeans and they don't rub/squeaze your tummy raw and your skirts dont ride up on your belly until they are right below your bust. And speaking of bust wont it be nice not to have boobs that visit the belly buttom area whenever they are unleashed from the ginormous bras we have to wear.

I dont know what you do for a living but it will be easier to get up and get dressed very soon! You will feel more comfortable in your own skin and clothing! You will have more clothes to choose from.

What Im trying to emphasize is that if you just hang on and deal with one day at a time, you are going to lose weight and a lot of things will seem easier and better as a result.

Hopefully some of your problems will melt away along with your weight. You will find a way to deal with the problems that dont. Like maybe once you lose weight and start feeling more confident you will realize you aren't stuck in your current job because your confidence will help you to get a better job. Just think how much easier it will be to go to job interviews when you feel way better about yourself.

What is pd? I read it alot and don't know what you guys are talking about. I go to the doctor tomorrow for my 2 week check up. I have already started eating mushies and I hope that is OK with him. How long do I have to drink Protein supplements? They are a nuisence.(sp?) I can't wait to get a fill so I will feel full. I don't feel banded at all except for the pain at the port site. I am so excited for all of you that have done well and have had successful surgeries. It really isn't all that bad. I hope I keep losing weight even though I feel like I am eating more than I should and that I get a fill soon so I will stop eating so much and feel full.

Beth

Hello All I was banded on July 21 st and doing better and better each and everyday. I hear you all talk about a chicken Soup can anyone give me the receipe? I have one more week on liquids and I am so looking forward to having mushies I am doing well so far I am down 15 lbs. My DH has been greta through this whole thing. I find the hard thing is not know when enough is enough and when you have not had enough. my body got dizzy once and now I am trying to drink drink drink. i find it hard to drink all my Protein Drinks during a day but I guess that is the key to weight loss. I love coming on here several times a day and find what people are saying and it encourages me more and more thanks for the support

Thanks for all the advice.

I don't post as much as i'd like but i think i'm going to make it a point to try to check in at least once a day. It is a really great support systems.

I realize now how much i need the support of people who understand.

DH is great help but he is very slim and has never been overweight so he just can't relate.

You are all so right about it's going to pay off in the long run. I go thru phases. One day i'll feel like working out till i can't work out any more and there's no stopping me. Then the next day i'm sitting on the couch wondering what i've done to myself.

Its an emotional rollercoaster. My doctors office has a great support systems that i guess i just though i was too strong to need. I guess i was wrong. I think i'll be looking into that right now.

I guess i'm just coming to realize that i can't eat whatever i want. I can't comfort myself with all the junk food i can find.

I'm trying to look at it as i did the right thing for myself because i had no idea how much i relied on food. NO idea whatsoever.

I go to the doctor at the end of august to talk about a fill. It is kind of scary for me. Its taking me so long to get a feel for the band now and then when i see him "if" he does give me a fill its going to start all over.

I wonder when this all gets better.

Eric's Mom - I'm sitting here wondering if I'm going to have my first problem...I ate pizza tonight - just the stuff on top, though. I chewed and chewed, but I'm feeling a bit weird. I think I'll chew on some TUMS just for a precaution. Everything else has gone down fine. I'm thinking maybe it was too much tomatoes, etc.

Eric's Mom - OMG, the posterchild is having a problem?! Just kidding, I hope you are doing better now!:huggie:

Hello all July bandies!!! I will be bringing up the month here in Michigan with Dr. Deol. July 31, 2006, after a year and a half and 85lbs lighter, It is finally here. Its been a long journey thats only going to get better. Thanks to Dr. Doyle for helping me get the 85 off so far, and Dr. Deol for helping me after!!

Well, tomorrow is Band Day---the next step in regaining control of the beast within. I think I've done pretty well for myself pre-band. Lost 14 pounds to get here (reminds me---I should update my ticker.....) I'm not nervous, the pre-op exam went without a hitch (well, except for the fact that they couldn't find a vein in the crook of my elbow to draw blood from so they had to get it from my hand...:huggie: )

Surgery it at 9am, so y'all wish me luck!

Good Luck VLP! Also good luck to everyone left this month! Im going to be leaving for Houston tomorrow so I probably won't get much chance to post again. OMG. lol

I was banded on July 14th and have been experiencing bad dreams and 1 night of terrible nightmares. This is very unusual for me and was wondering if anyone else has been having similar experiences.

Could it be from anesthesia or the trauma to my body? I'm totally perplexed and would like to have a peaceful night's sleep.< /p>

Eric's Mom - OMG, the posterchild is having a problem?! Just kidding, I hope you are doing better now!:)

Very funny, girlfriend! LOL! I did just fine...:hungry:

ericsmon, how did it go with the pizza?

I had a low carb quesadilla from this mexican restaurant and i know i should of stopped eating a long time ago but i was determined to finish it and i did.

I feel completely fine just nervous thinking that something terrible is going to happen as a result.

I'm starting to hit a bump in the road. I'm not sure what to do anymore. I know now that i used food to deal with alot of things. Now with this band i can't really enjoy eating. I'm scared when i eat and i chew till its all practically liquid. Who could enjoy that?

Now i'm going back to a job i don't enjoy and i've lost my way to deal with it and i don't know what else to do.

I've been treated for depression for almost a year now. So i'm just worried about all the emotional side affects with me losing my comfort zone.

Well I'm just venting. I guess this might be my new outlet. who knows.

Thanks to everyone for listening.

I did just fine, thanks for asking :)

I am so sorry you're feeling so down. I was in a job that I was absolutely miserable at for almost five years. The job, the actual work I did, was wonderful...it was my boss and some of the co-workers that I couldn't deal with. I started seeing a therapist almost 2 years ago and it's the best thing I have done for myself. Since then I got a new job, a secretary for a principal at our middle school, and I had an awesome first year. I'm on my summer hiatus and I go back August 28th. I know the right job will come along for you. Every day you're going to feel better and better and have more energy and a better attitude because of the way you're feeling as you drop the weight.

A way I've been dealing with the emotional eating is by reading books by Geneen Roth = Overcoming Emotional Eating, When Food is Love, and Feeding the Hungry Heart. My therapist also has me reading and doing the exercises in the book "Mind Over Mood".

There really is a lot of great advice and support here, too. So keep reading and posting!

Congrats JMO!!!! You're up next KMO!!!

I'm getting chills reading this. Surgery's going to be over soon!

Sorry I havent been around. I've been at my parent's house in AL. They haven't moved into the 21st century yet....

LMO,

I am next! I will be banded at 12:30 today. I was bumped for someone who needed heart surgery... poor thing. I feel sadly for them. Anyway, your time is almost here. Get away from the parents house and get your tail online, we miss you! Talk to you soon... after me.. it's all you kiddo!

AND THEN FINALLY I'LL UNDERSTAND EVERYTHING EVERYONE IS FEELING