Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hey guys I have a couple of questions for ya. Do you have problems taking your pills? I did once and was in pain for about 30 minutes. NOt good. And, what kind of frozen yogurt is out there that we can have? I have never seen any except Braums.

I hope all the July 21 banders are doing well tonight. I remember my first night. Hand in there. It does get better.

Beth

[quote=FunnyDuddies]So many people changing their names LOL

Yeah, I know.. I had changed my name to try to see if it fixed my chat room problem, new account set up and everything... go figure... it didn't help me out, at all.. I still don't know what the heck is going on! So I'll float back and forth between Time to love me and KMO. Depending on what name wants to behave! Jen(Jenmomto3) gave me the nick name. LOL

Also Funny... I have to say that you have done so awesome so far. You really have your head in the right place and are such an inspiration for me. For you to lose as much weight as you did before the band is amazing. Keep up the great work! PS did the Soup really work for you? I don't want to highjack this thread over it.. but i'm just curious.

For all of those who were banded in the past few days, I hope you are doing well and are having no issues. take it easy and relax! :notagree

For those of you who have been banded in the past few weeks, thanks so much for all the good, bad and ugly stories.. You are really helping me and I'm sure everyone else out with pain, anxiety, food and many other issues.

Baylor Mom, welcome and congrats! I added you to the list, even though your surgery date passed. Best of luck to you...

Hi all----I'm new to the group & as you can see from my signature, I am to be banded this coming week. I'm excited & a little bit anxious, too. I'm in Orange CA & will be banded by Dr. Ortiz in TJ.

Here's my official "before" picture.

post-208311-13813133780851_thumb.jpg

July5forme, here are some more soft foods not mentioned above:

- avocados

- bananas

- peaches

- some pear varieties

and here is a recipe for a fish terrine, great on hot days served with salad and cold soft boiled potatoes and whatever sauce you want to put with it (lowfat mayo etc):

Boil about 2 lbs of white fish fillet in fish stock for 10 minutes. Drain, allow to cool and remove all fish bones. Flake fish (or mash or puree). Make up one cup of plain gelatine (halve the Water requirements on the package). Add about a cup of lowfat Mayonnaise (or half a cup of lowfat mayo and half a cup of fromage frais or lowfat soft cream cheese), salt, pepper, dill, any other seasonings you like for fish dishes, even a dash of port or dry sherry. Stir the gelatine mixture into the flaked fish, put in loaf dish and allow to set at least 4 hours in the fridge before serving.

Deana.

Banded yesterday July 21. Felt pretty good, got home later that evening.

Today feel very sore at port sites. Must sit up straight, but can walk and no problems with taking in liquids and such.

Just excited to begin this journey.

Paula

Hey Guys!

I have been gone for 4 days as I live in St. Louis and we had a terrible storm that knocked out the power to over 500,000 homes. Also, lucky us, we had a heat wave at the same time with a heat index of 120! yea!

They have declaired us a state of emergency and are handing out military ration meals in certain areas. Luckily, we had great friends to stay with and our power came back on today.

Anyway, back to band world - I went for my followup last week, at the time I lost 18lbs total including my 7 day preop diet. My Dr. removed my bandages and everything looks good except for my port, it is the biggest scar and should heal fine with Mederma (thanks KMO) and a lavender oil blend.

Now for the :)SCARY RIPPING PAIN :) - has anyone else had that around the port? I was feeling it in the middle of my abdomen when I jerked myself up from a chair to quickly or was laying flat on the bed and got up "wrong" way. I have been taking it easy today and just resting, when I get up, I move real slow and use the muscles in my legs, not my abdomen. :oOh and to add to the fun, I fractured a bone in my left foot's big knuckle so I cannot walk! What a dumbass! :crutch:

I went to my two week follow-up on Thursday. We've decided I could be the poster girl for the lap band, as I've had absolutely nothing go wrong, and feel awesome! I was told to go ahead and start eating "real" food! I graduated! I had tuna salad - went down without a problem. Then I went on a trip yesterday out of town and had 1/2 of a hamburger with some swill cheese and mushrooms...no bun, just burger. Chewed really well and it went down without any problems. Then I had to go to a wedding reception tonight and had wonderful salmon, one baby red potatoe, and a couple of cooked cauliflower flourettes. So far so good. I was told for my height that I should take in a minimum of 60g of Protein, and to have a minimum of 40 oz of H2O a day. I've also started my exercising on my recumbant bike. So all is well.

Oh, the best part - the doctor's office goes by the weight you were when you met the surgeon, so I'm down 28 according to them!! I'll take it!

As far as pain, the only time I've had a problem was yesterday on my trip I had to get out a crutch because I have such bad bilateral degenerative osteoarthritis in my knees that after a long day of shopping, I couldn't hardly walk. Well the strain on that side from using the crutch made it hurt. I got some Xtra Strength liquid Tylenol from a local Walmart and I was fine after that.

I am going for my first appointment this week on Thurs. I wish I could go right to real food but I have to do 4 weeks of mushies. Oh well it will be better than the liquids I am on now. I am having a hard time with the Tylenol. I think it tastes too syrupy and it makes me gag. I don't know what kind of pain meds to take except the pill form. Do any of you guys have a problem with taking your pills and if you do what do you do?

Hi everyone, I'm eleven days post-op and started feeling some pain around the port area and feels warm. No redness though and the scar seems to be healing fine. As for hunger, I am getting hungrier everyday, but I control myself from overdoing it. My two week follow up is July 24, and I hope my doctor will let me begin mushies.

Yesterday I started getting a pain in my neck, and it has continues today. Feels like tight muscles, but I know it is pain from my diaphram. Problem is, I don't have gas LOL My diaphram is irritated for some reason. I get this pain when i breathe in deeply. So it is definitely my diaphram. Not sure what to do about it.

I have a pain when I breathe in deeply also, doctor said it was normal. I was banded 9/19.

Hi July Bandsters:

Have survived the power outages and heat wave in St Louis. Can I say how scary that was. Colleen's (Big Girl Pantiez) husband came and rescued me from the 100 degree heat in my apartment. My car was at their house and I was stranded. My Mom found me a hotel room in Springfield, Il. so I hightailed it their for 2 1/2 days (lol w my 15 pnd cat!).

My power's back on and arrived home last night. I'm feeling pretty good. A little port pain. I go back to work on Friday so I'm going to rest and try to start walking more. I'm so happy to be home! Hope you're all doing well.

Stefani

Okay, This is IT!!!:clap2: This is my last post before my surgery. I only got 3 hours sleep last night because I was so excited---and everything was running through my head! I know I've overpacked, but I figure better too much than not enough. My flight is 8.5 hrs long. My surgery is scheduled for Tues, July 25th with Dr. Ortiz in TJ! Everyone say a little prayer for me!!! The worst part is I am not telling anyone,(except DH and having to lie about going to a conference in SD. (When I mentioned it, everyone except DH was super negative) So, if I am not feeling well, I won't get any sympathy. (not that I ever do anyways, LOL)

What happens in Mexico, STAYS in Mexico!

Next post, I"ll be a newbie!!!:heh:

---Karen from Kentucky

KMO yes the Soup really did work! I loved it! and i made another batch to keep me going. it is so tastey!!

I am feeling better. I agree that the liquid tylenol tastes just awful! But I take it if I need it.