Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Ok all surgery in the morning and I went today and checked out curves so I have some idea of my work out after surgery. I guess I am starting to get scared not knowing how I am going to handle the swallowing thing and eating. Of course we are going on vacation at the end of August to Old Orchard Beach Maine and I believe I will at least be on Mushies by then. I am so looking forward to losing this weight and can not wait to post before and after pictures. I guess I am scared of the UNKNOWN... Well you all have been great support for me and many other newbies and I hope I will also be support for someone someday. I know the lady at curves wants to take before and after pictures of me and she also is very excited to watch me transform into a thinner person. That alone makes me very happy.

I can do what ever I set my mind to and this is not a challenge this is merely a speed bump in life.

ON YOUR MARK

GET SET

NOW LOSE SOME WEIGHT

HERE I COME TO A THINNER ME

READY OR NOT HERE I COME

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

I was banded on the 17th July and today I feel great.

The only thing I can really complain about is my swollen tummy from the surgery, particularly up under my hlong did it take for the swollen/bloated tummy to go down???

That didn't make sense did it!

I meant to write that it feels particularly "tight" up under my breasts and how long does it take for the swollen/bloated tummy to go down??

I'm 11 days postop and I still seem to be a tad bit swollen but I can also fit into shirts I couldn't wear at surgery time if that makes any sense. The really big swelling went down after about day 4 it seems like.

Good luck to you all having surgery today. Wow what a long list! Many wishes and prayers will be sent your way for a speedy and healthy recovery. Let us know how you do and how you feel. Best of luck!

38) July 21 - vintagehound

39) July 21 - Paulax

40) July 21 - mferra

41) July 21 - Jennifer23

42) July 21 - chunkiyetspunky

43) July 21 - mel61670

I added Mel to the list, so i just reposted.. so no, you're not losing your mind if you thought you read this yesterday.. LOL

So many people changing their names LOL

I am feeling better today. my congestion is breaking up well thankfully. My incosions are healing really really well. I have no more scabs, and my itching has gone away.

I tried a little bit of grouper last night. it was baked, and shredded and mixed with some mayo and chream cheese to make a spread. it was the appetizer for everyone else, but for me it was dinner after about 3 ounces. it was fantastic. i took a long time to eat it and really chewed well. how has everyone else done with fish?

Hi all! I was banded on July 12 by Dr. Ortiz in Mexico. I was up and walking around the same day. No pain meds needed and no problems except soreness around the port site. Drove to my son's house in San Diego 2 days later and stayed with him until the 17th. I drove from San Diego to Sacramento on Monday the 17th and then from Sacramento to Vancouver Washington on Tuesday the 18th. Arrived home exhausted, but sooooo happy to be home. This was the easiest surgery I ever had. I'm still on liquids and the Doctor has said "No mushies", don't know why. I'm supposed to stay on liquids until day 22 after the surgery then go directly to solids. I must say, even with the Protein Shakes I'm really hungry. I have lost 22 lbs from a beginning weight of 305 lbs. I'm 61 years old and I hope to make these the real golden years with a my lap band helping me to lose weight and feel so much better. Could someone tell me how to add those little weight loss logos to the the bottom of the post?? I also added a post to the complications forum about a small problem I'm having with the port site. If anyone else is having the same let me know. It would ease my mind. Congratulations to all us July banders and happy losing!!

Not banded Anaed2, but did have surgery, hmmmmmmmmm, I remember stitch sites being warm, I thought it was that they were healing. Don't get paranoid, but do phone or ask your doctor.

I am under the knife in 2 days and pooping my pants for lack of better description. So scared, not of the surgery but of the unknown.

Glad I have all of you to bounce my head games off.

On my way to the big city of Vancouver tomorrow morning.

hugs to all who went before me and those to follow.

Where is the scared smilie? :phanvan

Paulax, I wonder how your surgery went? I'll be thinking of you and sending big hugs your way.

Just a note on my port site feeling "warm": I saw my doctor today to have the stitches out, so I asked about this. He confirmed that it is part of the healing process - lots of additional blood circulating around the area is causing it to feel "warm".

Deana.

if you have ever had a large bruise you will see that it feels warm too. same with any sort of swelling due to a break or sprain. it is totally normal. the only time to worry is when the incisions get hot, very red, have streaks of red running from them, are oozing in any way, and have a foul odor. Then you need to worry about an infection.

I was banded on JUly 12th. Can I join the group? My only problems is pain at the port site and backaches. I am also not crazy about the Protein Drinks either. I am on liquids until next Wed. then I go to a soft diet. Yeah. I hope to get to know some of you and become good buddies. God bless.

Beth

Hi Beth!! Of course you can join our group!!!

I was banded on the 5th and trust me the pain gets much better. My Protein Drinks were disgusting. Right now I am on mushy food for about another week and a half, don't worry you will get through it! Welcome to bandland!!

:):hungry::clap2::):biggrin1::bananapartyhat::hungry::clap2:

MUSHIES FOR ME!!!

I had my follow up appointment today. Its good to know that my scale and the doctor's scale are the same.

So I'm able to start mushies. I don't know what ot eat and i don't know what to make. I don't want to eat anything too solid.

I'm not a fan of puree so i really have no ideal what to eat.

I've looked at the food threads but i didn't see anything interesting.

For all of you eating mushies, what are your favorite mushies to eat?

July5forme-

Cottage cheese

Applesauce

mashed potatoes

oatmeal

eggs

Beans (however you like em)

Cereal that has been sitting in milk for a little bit

luncheon meats (Cold cuts, but not stringy meats)

soft cheeses

meatballs

meatloaf

spinach

peas

pudding

custard

frozen yogurt

tuna salad

chicken salad

egg salad

My doctors office said anything counts as mushies if it can be smooshed with a fork.

I think this is enough variety to keep you full :)

I was banded July 17. Doing well except I think I'm doing a bit too much as I feel a little weak and dizzy today. Maybe I need more fluids? Anyway...

My doc recommends liquid diet for two wks post op. This consists of Protein Shakes, chicken broth, Jello, sugarfree popsicles and Clear Liquids. I AM HUNGRY :hungry: I'm hanging in there though.

I still have steri strips on my incsions but a couple of the corners are starting to peel. I think they'll be removed during my appt on tues (7/25/06). The only other problem i've had is an allergic reaction to the adhesive on bandaids that were place just after surgery was done. They were removed the day after but, wow, the itching and raised red areas are full blown now. I was told by the PA at docs office to use benedryl and some cortizone cream.

mdg