Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

funnyduddies

i've had the same pain from the vey begining! my surg. was 7/14 i thought it was just gas the heating my pad has been my best fiend

One week and one day post op and my port site feels quite tender, even sore when I push gently on it or brush against something. It also feels a little "warm". Is this normal or am I just being paranoid about infections?

Anaed2 - I am havig the same issue. My DR, asst. called to check on me this morning and she explained that the pain is form scar tissue forming around the port. That is the only place I am having pain. I did get some liquid vicodin yesterday. I take baby sips of it and it takes the edge off, the liquid Tylenol tastes gross to me!

Funny - I have the same pains, mine comes and goes. I think it is gas bubbles rumbling around. It ususallly comes after drinking something.

I was told I could begin progressing to full liquids and creamy Soups today!! I go for my first post op office visit tomorrow - I cannot wait to get on the scale!:eek::eek:

I go for my first post-op visit tomorrow, too!! I hope there isn't too much difference between their scale and mine...I hate when that happens. But I figure I'll be on mine more than theirs, so I'll track my numbers. UNLESS, of course, their scale says a lower number...then I'll take that for sure!!!

Of the 5 steri strips I had, 2 came off on their own on Monday morning July 17 (I was banded on July 6) in the shower, and the other 3 were taken off by my doctor later that same day at my first check-up.

Funny,

I was getting really bad neck pain. It started when I went to thicker liquids. That seemed to make it worse, but I can never really figure out what is triggering it...some of my theories: eating too much or too fast, or too much strenuous activity, or sugar/carbs.

But it seems to be better the last couple days. Maybe it is gone forever! I hope!

Olive

Good luck to everyone that is being banded in the next two days, I wish you a save and speedy recovery. My prayers will be with everyone. I am 8 days post op and feeling a better. I am so tired of liquids it's not even funny. I need to be on liquids at least until my 2 week appt, which is next Monday. I continue to have gas despite only eating liquids and taking Gas-X almost constantly. Anyone else have this problem?

Hi guys, I'm here! I have been working too much lately! I'm kindof looking forward to surgery because I get a whole week off!

I have completely finalized everything- got it in to the office. I also found out there might be a glitch with my florida follow up doc. I told someone else about them (I called them during the planning phase and they said they'd see me, no problem). Anyway, they told the other person that they only accept on a case by case basis and she needed to have her records faxed over. I'm really hoping this doesn't fall through.

I found some stuff for my silly audit (I didn't do anything to cause it), and I'm hoping it's enough. We'll see. It's due today.

Okay, enough griping :)^_^:) :)

Oh my gosh- my ticker kindof scares me... only 11 days???

Yesterday I started getting a pain in my neck, and it has continues today. Feels like tight muscles, but I know it is pain from my diaphram. Problem is, I don't have gas LOL My diaphram is irritated for some reason. I get this pain when i breathe in deeply. So it is definitely my diaphram. Not sure what to do about it.

FunnyDuddies, I had this pain in my neck, collarbone and left shoulder all day two days ago. It was almost unbearable. I tried rubbing it, lying on that side, taking Tylenol. Nothing helped. Fortunately the next day it was gone, and hasn't come back again. I read that it could have something to do with the band irritating the diaphram. I hope you'll be more comfortable soon.

Paulax and BigGirlPantiez, thanks for your input on why my port area could be so sore and a little warmer than the other incisions (which don't bother me at all now). It makes me feel a bit better knowing that it could be part of the healing process. I'll be seeing my surgeon again tomorrow afternoon to have the stitches out, so I'll ask him about it. I find that if I sit for an extended period of time, like at the computer, the pain gets a lot worse.

Deana.

I took a week and 5 days off from work and the first day back I had to leave early because of that pain in my shoulder/neck and port pain. The next day I was better because I took pain medicine at work (I didn't drive yesterday) and it's been tough for me to get good sleep because i like to sleep on my stomach, but other than that, I'm doing pretty good. The steri-strips finally came off of all but 1 of my incisions and I finally got to see my port scar last night. Not too bad.

My problem is that I've been afraid to eat and because of that, I've been practically starving myself which I guess is why I've lost 18 pounds. Last night I made a larger plate of food for myself and I ate it all! Larger meaning 3/4 of a cup! I felt so much better because I've been so dizzy lately and so sick because I've been eating 500 calories. For the two days I've been on mushies, there has been no scale movement. I know I should weigh myself once a week but I really like knowing what my body is doing and really only count my weight but once a week. I feel better now that I am actually eating a bit more (more at night of course) but a bit sad that the scale isn't moving anymore. But I CERTAINLY didn't like starving myself.

Leona06, I've been experiencing the same thing. I was on Clear Liquids for 3 days, then my doc told me to go home and start eating solids straight away. I was so glad because by the 4th morning I was starting to feel light-headed and grouchy from only getting in about 200 calories per day. I still haven't worked out how much to be eating. I'm afraid to stretch the pouch, but I have to eat enough at my meals to get in sufficient nutrients and calories for the day without having to snack inbetween meals. All the Water that I drink between meals doesn't help either when it comes to eating because my tummy's full when I sit down to a meal! I hadn't lost a thing since being on solids, and yesterday I was so frustrated with not seeing any loss for a while that I actually "over-ate" (if you can call one cookie and a few chips "over-eating"). Well, to my surprise, I was down a pound this morning. I recall from the umpteen times I was on Weight Watchers that if I tried to cut down on my points and not eat as much as their lower limit, I didn't lose anything that week. The difficult thing for me right now is finding the right balance between eating enough to lose properly and not eating too much to do damage to the band/pouch. I'm hoping things will get easier with every day of practice....

Also, moving from one stage to another - liquid to mushies, or mushies to solids - I'm sure the body needs a couple of days to adapt before we see the weight moving again.

Deana.

Wel the mystery is over. My pain is because I now have a full blown chest cold. My lungs are all congested and it is inflaming my diaphram. That is what it causeing the pain. So I have to find some chest decongestant that won't make me cought too much. LOL I wish I could take some ibuprophen, but I know that is not good.

Wel the mystery is over. My pain is because I now have a full blown chest cold. My lungs are all congested and it is inflaming my diaphram. That is what it causeing the pain. So I have to find some chest decongestant that won't make me cought too much. LOL I wish I could take some ibuprophen, but I know that is not good.

Funny, I hope you get better soon. I hate getting chest colds, i feel like my body is like a brick from the shoulders down.

To everyone else, I hope your pain subsides soon! Take it easy