Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Hey Guys!

Stef and I are in day 2 of bandworld. We are really feeling bad today, very nauseous and severe pain. We can no longer take our painkiller because Stef gets blurry vision ad I break out in hives - argh!

We have been trying to move as much as possible but my one trip downstairs almost caused me to puke...so I am staying upstairs another day.

We think we have been dehydrated, so my husband set out all the Water we need to get in today before he left for the Cardinals game.

Any other recent banders feeling icky 2 days out? Also, I hear the 3rd day after surgery is always the worst for pain.

the gas is so much worse than the incision pain my left shoulder hurts so bad i thought i might be having a heart attach but if i were i'd be dead by now. and if the scales don't start moving i the right direction i'm going to cry i'm up 6lbs over my surg. day weight.

Hipmom -

I tried using the baby drops to get rid of gas, but they were too weak. I added Gasex chewables today and will also take some Dramamine for the nausea.

I wonder if your gain is from all the fluids & gas they filled you with during surgery.

Aww sorry some of you are feeling bad.. I am 11 days Post op and feeling wonderful! no pain! no gas!.. Hang in there ladies.. As far as the nauseousness, I stopped the narcotic pain meds completely when I was still in the hospital. I started taking liquid tylenol (extra strength) and it took the edge off nicely.. Best thing to do for gas, WALK.. it loosens it up and you will be lettin it fly in no time! lol sorry if TMI.. *grin*

Hang in there! I am happy to be finally in mushies!! Better than liquids!

Hugz,

Donna Marie

32) July 17 - jojo41

33) July 17 - I'm with the band

34) July 17 - MDG

Best luck to all of you tomorrow! I pray that you have a uneventful surgery and a speedy recovery.

BGP and Steph, Hope you both are doing well. I'll post more in a bit, I have to step out for a min.

Hey everyone!! Just thought I would post a hello. I'm having the lapband surgery in Mexico on July 28 with Dr. Rodriguez in Acuna.

Mary

TX

I'm sorry to hear you're not doing well 2 days post op. I am just shocked at how each person's experience is so different than the next...

I never had any problems at all...I have a prescription for sopositories for nausea and I should have waited to fill it, or not fill it as the case may be, as I didn't need them. At least I only paid $10 for the co-pay. I bought those Gas-X disolvable strips anticipating gas and non of that occurred either. I know the advice you're being given is good, and comes from experience, so hopefully their tips will help you.

this is my 3rd day with the band and i think i'm gonna live most of the gas pains seem to have left just soreness on port side down if the scales will just start going the right way all will good

Starting my pre-op liquid diet today. Not looking forward to it as I feel I might perish! (ha) My band surgury is scheduled for 7/31 in Charlotte, NC.

I need to go out today and get Protein Powder, and liquids...any advice?

I am very excited to start on the road to good health and to be able to button my size 20 pants...lately it has been difficult. And I really look forward to getting back into my smaller sizes. Do most find this is successful permanately? I have yo-yo'ed a lot over the years and don't want to continue that pattern!

Would appreciate any advice.

J

BGP, get as much Water as you can!!! Dehydration GREATLY increases the pain that you have, so get that water in you. Also, try some liquid tylenol. It might help, and will be easy to get down. I am so sorry that you are in pain. It will pass soon. Trust me.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am doing good, although the scale has not budged. I am not worried about that. I know that I am healing. I actually got in a whole 649 calories yesterday. LOL I felt a lot better and was not so tired with that. I need to get up to 1000 to lose effectively.

Hugs to those who have just been banded, and prayers to those who are about to be banded.

Thanks for all of your advice! My Hubby made Stef and I drink 64+ ounces of Water yesterday, that helped and so did the gasex.

We are taking our selves off meds and will try to walk today, of course it is going to be 100 here in STL, so we may only get down the block.

Our pain is now mostly in the area where the port is. I understand that my DR. made the insisions on my stomach deeper than he wanted, that could be why my pain is worse that I thought. But who knows.

I just cannot wait to add Soups, yogurt & and sugar free hot chocolate later this week!!