Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG :faint: EGG

YOU HAVE BEEN EGGED BY THE JUNE BANDSTERS! Hope all of you are doing well.

egged_bak.jpg

Not all of you may know, but one of the July crew came into the June thread and toilet papered us! So we're back at you with an egging! Besides, you can use them when you're in the soft foods stage! Congrats on your banding month! From the June Crew!

Hey all, doing well. My pain is really just about gone now. I am LOVING refried Beans more than I ever have in my life! LOL and I am trying to take it easy. I don't have any restriction, and am really hungry most of the time. Its hard to have the band and know its in there, and have to take it easy, but not having any of the benefits from it. Still haven't lost any weight. hovering between 318 and 319. :D I swear it seems that the swelling is down, but then I put on my tshirts and they are tight around my incision area, so i guess it is not gone. I am sleeping really well, thank GOD!!!

Hello,

I was banded on July 11, 2006, in Cognac, France. I'm a week out today. After a few days of tenderness from the incisions, to be expected, I suddenly got really sore around the port area yesterday. May have been that I'd been sitting all day, but my husband changed my bandages last night and said that it was redder around this incision than around the others. I'll be watching this closely incase it's becoming infected:eek:. Today I'm also uncomfortable from left shoulder pain. I've been reading up on the causes, and apart from the gas story (gas hasn't been a really big issue up till now), it seems that my diaghram may be irritating my stomach. Let's hope this will pass quickly :rolleyes! As far as weightloss goes, I did manage to lose 9 lbs in the 4 days I spent on Clear Liquids in the hospital, but since I've been home, the scale hasn't budged. This may be as a result of moving onto solids since I came home. I haven't been eating a LOT - 3 relatively small meals a day, quite healthy foods. So I'm kind of annoyed that I haven't even lost a half a pound in the last 3 days!

Anyway, I'm enjoying reading how others newly banded are getting on - makes me feel not so alone in this rather strange experience! Would someone please add me to the list of July banded?

Deana.

I experienced my first pseudo "stuck" last night. OMG! Let me tell you it is no fun. I was so hungry I must have been eating my mashed potatoes too fast. Then all of a sudden this pain in my chest and feeling like I had something stuck in my throat. It really hurt! Then it occured to me what must have happened. What a way to learn :doh: I'm glad it was just potatoes and not solid food! I drank a lot of Water and it felt like the potatoes washed through - but I still had a strange feeling in my throat all evening. It's small bites from now on for me! Anyone else had this happen to them?

I haven't yet...thanks for the tips...it's never too often to be reminded of the eat slow, chew a lot scenario...

I have my 2 week follow-up appt. on Thursday. I am a lot like FunnyDuddies...I don't feel the band and can swallow normally right now. I've been on liquid/soft foods for a week now. The scale continues to move - and for that I'm thankful.

Funny - how are you preparing your refried Beans? Are they from a can or a restaurant?

I should begin creamy Soups on Thursday or Friday - yea! I am finally feelin really good, I think I have been pushing it a little and liting more that I should. My pain is only in the port area and it feels like constant burning, must be form the muscles that the port is attached to.

:) Um...one more question - sorry if I am being rude, but does everyone have an insision under thier left breast?

Ok, whose job was it to hold my 10lb boob out of the way during surgery??!!!:eek:

BigGirlPantiez - Yes I too have an incision under my left breast. I am a 48DDD they probably needed a crank to lift and hold my breast while they were operating! LOL

:update:

Today I went for my 2 week post op and the Physician's Assistant said my incisions are healing beautifully! AND I'm down 7 lbs from the morning of my surgery!! YEEHAWWWWWWWW!!! :rockon: :rockon: I am feeling great and looking forward to start walking on a daily basis, but this heat wave in the Northeast is killing me....it's too hot to just sit outside, let alone go for a vigorous walk!

Congrats to all of you that have been banded and good luck to those about to be banded!!

:) Um...one more question - sorry if I am being rude, but does everyone have an insision under thier left breast?

Ok, whose job was it to hold my 10lb boob out of the way during surgery??!!!:eek:

LOL!! Oh, that really made me laugh! Yep, I've got an incision under my left boob. I know how hard it is to manuver to bandage it - can't imagine how things must have looked during the surgery.

Hello all. I am a June Bandster, but they have been talking about you over there, so thought I would come take a look at your thread.

You know one thing I wish I had done was read the other months threads. It seems we all go thru the same ordeal. Please feel free to read the June thread... but don't egg us. I can't eat eggs. If you throw something make it sweet... :eek:

Good luck to all of the July Bandsters. Gives new meaning to the word "independance" now doesn't it???

HI All, banded yesterday and doing well today. Shoulders hurt from the gas, this is what bothers me the most. I know to walk and use malox or gas x. My incisioins don't bother me much...just a little sore. I also had my gall bladder removed and an hernia repaired...but now I"m an official BANDSTER!!!

Thanks for all your support,

MDG

BGP - I eat Pace fat free canned refried Beans, about a 1/4-1/2 cup heated, and resmashed with my fork, and a dollup of fat free sour cream on top. it is yummy and good, and i love the warm feeling in my tummy. I also make flake potatoes, but i put a little more milk in it, and instead of Water and milk, i use all milk. Make it really runny, and add a little bit of fat free sour cream again. rich and creamy.

I did not have to do a liquid diet before my surgery I just had to lose 15 pounds by following a healthy diet. I have not followed the clear liquid diet for 2 weeks as I was supposed to. I had cream of potato Soup for lunch today. I pureed it and added skim milk to reduce the thickness and cut down the salt.

Funny - Thanks for the recipes!

Also, I see country crock has cheddar mashed potatoes pre-made, sounds yummy! Oh and I'll bet we can have crepes, since they are mostly eggs.