Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Okay,

I did the puddings last night and I did the tuna with f/f Salad Dressing in the blender very thin and for the first day since surgery 8 days ago I didn't loose a pound. Oh well. I knew it would stop. I eat over 500 calories yesterday and got up hungry for the first time today.

I tried the runny oats in the blender but I could only eat about 1 1/2 oz and I was full.

Hope everyone is doing great. I can't wait to see Dr. Curry to see how everything is doing. My scars look great and yeahhhhhh laptop finally arrived. I thought I would go crazy on that office computer.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, I'm a June bandster too. Welcome to all you July bandsters!!!

I agree with Poodles - don't egg us. Make it something sweet - maybe drizzle us with chocolate syrup!!! lol

Best to all of you

Terry :eek:

Yay sherri is going to back around :) Glad the puding went down ok. I have not tried tuna yet. I am waiting till the 3rd week. That is when we are supposed to move onto tuna. :eek: And stop weighing yourself!! You are not supposed to be losing right now. I have not lost a pound either. I am still at 318-319. It went down for a day, then went back up, but I have not been above 600 cals yet. So I know that my body is just holding onto all of the Water, and still swollen.

So glad you are healing well!!! that is too awesome. Just take it easy and listen to your body. If it tells you to rest. rest. If you are hungry. Eat. just chew chew chew a lot and take it easy. Sometimes it seems like I could eat all day, then other times it takes me approx 2 oz and I feels stuffed.

Ordered the kids a pizza cause they unpacked their bags and cleaned their room. :) it smells so good. LOL I need dh to get here soon so he can finish it.

:) Um...one more question - sorry if I am being rude, but does everyone have an insision under thier left breast?

Ok, whose job was it to hold my 10lb boob out of the way during surgery??!!!:eek:

Ok you and Daniella I now have mental image of them cranking up my Boob with the hoister they use for broken legs. LOL

The month is over halfway. Well will all be banded within the next two weeks. Is everyone excited???? I am nervous, excited, ready, not ready, and scared all rolled into one. I have 178 hours and 10 mins before I am in bandland. LOL I know I have to much time on my hands... LOL :clap2:

I see we were egged!!!! oh well, guess thats payback for the Toilet paper.. lol Think we should retaliate? Maybe tar and feather them? LOL

I am so glad everyone that has been banded is doing good... Don't forget the CHAT Weds. At 7:30 CENTRAL it would be nice to chat to all you newly banded.....

I was banded July 6, 2006 in Kansas. Yesterday was my follow-up and I've lost 11 pounds! :clap2: I really can't take much credit though as I felt icky for the first few days and hardly ate anything, but that's starting to change and my appetite is coming back. :cry I get to start on mushies today and solids in a week. I'm a little nervous, but am ready to get on with it. :eek:

<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shapetype id=_x0000_t75 stroked="f" filled="f" path="m@4@5l@4@11@9@11@9@5xe" o:preferrelative="t" o:spt="75" coordsize="21600,21600"> http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/3;23;88;0;0/c/-11/t/-164/k/7ad5/weight.png[/img]

[/url]

</v:shapetype>

Hey guys Here is my list! I am going to go shopping. Let me know if I need to add anything...

Thanks

Shopping list for surgery!!!!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

heating pad

flexible ice pack

chewable or liquid gas-x

a few books or movies

comfy clothes

squishy pillow for car ride

a sports bra

protien shakes

flavored water

broth or stuff to make broth (whole chicken)

sugarfree popsicles and jello

sugar free gum (ask your doctor)

sugar free breathmints (ask your doctor)<o:p></o:p>

jello<o:p></o:p>

bottled water<o:p></o:p>

cream soups <o:p></o:p>

apple sauce<o:p></o:p>

yogurt<o:p></o:p>

frozen fruits<o:p></o:p>

frozen yogurt<o:p></o:p>

pill crusher

i would go for sugar free hard candy rather than gum and breathmints. just me personally. it helped a lot. For broth, don't get canned stuff. Get the boullion cubes. They work great, and you can make a cup at a time. you can get low sodium ones too. add some sugar free pudding too. it is great when the time comes.

Hey all,

Well I'm finally back home safe and sound. I'm exhausted. I was banded on the 8th and up until the 15th had absolutely no hunger what so ever. I was only eating to keeping up nutrition. I'm on full liquids now and then mushies start on the 22nd. I don't feel intense hunger but I don't feel restriciton either. I'm ready and waiting to move onto mushies...this stage is getting kinda boring.

I've decided to stay away from the scale for awhile or I just get too obsessed with it. Sound like anyone else out there?

My port site seems really swollen like my port feels like it's 3 inches wide...that's normal right? All the other incisions are totally great...clean lines but all the strips are off...only my port site is driving me crazy.

Welp looks like potato Soup is on the menu this evening so I'm off...take care all.

I was banded 7/12/06 by Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana.

Am still on the liquids (clear) and have just added the yogurt (1/2 cup) today. I have also had a bit of cottage cheese when I could not stand it anymore.

I am curious as to the post op instructions from other surgery centers.

I'm surprised at how different each person's instructions are. I was banded July 5th. I was told the next morning by my doctor that I could introduce soft foods when I felt I was ready. I had watered/milked down oatmeal (about 1/2 a pkg) a week after my banding - and just once that day...then I've been adding soft foods like SF Jello pudding, SF jello, Egg Beaters scrambled, Cream of Wheat, applesauce, and the like. I just had cottage cheese for the first time today. It was so yummy! I have two shakes a day still. I have my follow up appt. on this coming Thursday. I don't think I would have any energy at all if I were still on Clear Liquids. I had no complications, though. So again, everyone is different. I lost 7.3 lbs the week after surgery and I'll weigh tomorrow to see how this week went.

I feel you have to pay attention to how you feel and what you think you can handle. Everyone is going to have differences in how they feel, what they can tolerate, and what they can't.

Hi everyone.....I'm finally in bandland!!:clap2:

Everything went really well.

I must be one of the lucky ones because I have very little pain and no gas.

I have been doing quite a bit of walking around and perhaps this has helped.

My biggest problem now is 2 weeks on optifast...yuck!

Good Luck to everyone.....cheers Jo:)

I got banded Friday July 14th.

Since last Tuesday (July 12th) I have lost 13 more pounds. My total loss is 25 lbs. I did a week of Atkins, and then 2 weeeks of Opti Fast prior to surgery. Though I was going nuts and nibbled on some protien too. On Monday, July 11th I splurged and ate a combo meal at McD's. Dr read me the riot act the next day, and I have been perfect since.

My Dr's keep us on clear liquids for 2 full weeks. I am not hungry, but I am bored. I have started watering down the fruit juices to get more Water in me.

I find the Jello melts in my mouth if chewed enough. If not chewed I fill full immediately, and then it melts in my pouch.

My 1st consult will be next Tuesday (1 week) and I am hoping for the green light for Tomato Soup or Optifast. I am told that there is another 2 weeks of all liquids before mushies.

The weight is falling off, so I am complying. This office has an average weight loss of 75% of excess fat in the first 12 months, so how can I complain???

The surgery was a snap.

Zero discomfort since, though I was weary for a few days.

All is great here, though I have not chewed solid food in two weeks and am going a bit insane.

I am still happy I did this

Tim B

how long did the little steri strips stay on you guys that had them? mine itch but dr said they would come off on their own