Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

Congratulations to all the July banders!!!!

I got banded on July 21st by Dr. Kuri, and I am doing well. I am going to post a detailed note about it on the main page.......

I thought I would never survive the 3 days of Clear Liquids, I was so hungry! Now I am on pure'ed and I get full at about 1/2 cup. It is liquid, so I am hungry quick. I have been so good, I am trying to go all organic.

Response to Stetsi:

I had terrible nightmares and weird dreams for the first 4 days.... I also woke up after a bad dream the night after hospital release and had some kind of panic, shock attack. I was shaking and my husband had to help calm me down.....It was weird. It hasn't happened again.

Good luck to the rest of the July Bandsters!!!!!!!!!

Zoe

<20>lbs since highest, maybe more I don't have a scale yet........

I'm sorry to hear that some of you are having "bumps' in the road. It's not going to be an easy challenge, that's for sure. Just try to do your best and when you mess up, pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start over again. That, IMO, is the best thing you can do. Just because you fall off the wagon once, doesn't mean you should stop and not move ahead with your plan. You all can do this, or shall i say, WE all can do this. Just try to remember that most likely we wouldn't be losing weight if we didn't have band.. and with this band will be challenges.. and i'm guessing the band will win! lol I keep reminding myself that it took me along time to get this way, so my body is going to fight to keep it this way... . I will win though.

Another great thing is that we all have each other to lean on. I'm sure that on any given day, we can find someone on here that is experiencing the same thing or has already btdt and got the tshirt. LOL

I'm quite sure i'll be having a struggle with many things. I'll use you all as my backbone, when i need too. So thanks in advance! :P I appreciate every single one of you. I read these posts, daily, and i always learn something new from someone on here. I hope I can return the favor!

Anyway, I"m not trying to preach. I'm just more or less trying to pull everyones spirits up and say HELL YA WE CAN DO THIS!

:)

:huggie: I have to admit, never did I ever think that i would become friends with people online. I used to scratch my head and say HMMMM.. Never against it, but never did i get into it. Well I really missed out on lots of good people. I have come to LBT and chatted with so many of you and I've become close to a few of you and hope to be with many more. :blah:

Okay.. well once again.. off I go.. I'll try to log back in and say "HI" before i leave for my surgery! BANDLAND HERE I COME!

:drum: :Banane48::)

Hey julysters,

I am on day two of being banded and I am wondering if any of you felt weak? I am just so tired and ugggghhhh. I know its because I haven't had any substance sense sunday night but I was hoping to get some Protein in today. I made a shake and could get down about 1/3 of a cup. I knew I could drink no more because I got a weird uncomfortable feeling in my chest. At this rate I will be drinking on this all day. Is this normal? I just want a little energy, not much but enough to get up and shower... LOL

56) July 27 - sabrinajoanne & hubby

57) July 27 - time to love me/KMO

58) July 27 - julip

59) July 27 - oktwigs

60) July 27 - VLP

you are all in my thoughts today good luck!!!!

Kmo,

I am so excited for you and that we are able to go on this journey together..You are going to do great!!!

Lmo,

HELLO! we miss you..... your time is coming quick!!!

To everyone,

Thank you all for all the great feedback and support. This is such a great help for me..

I was banded on July 14th and have been experiencing bad dreams and 1 night of terrible nightmares. This is very unusual for me and was wondering if anyone else has been having similar experiences.

Could it be from anesthesia or the trauma to my body? I'm totally perplexed and would like to have a peaceful night's sleep.< /p>

OMG I HAD CRAZY DREAMS TOO! For about 2 weeks! I couldn't stop dreaming about really weird things that would freak me out when I woke up. I don't normally dream too too much, but this was overnight. I kinda forgot about them now because I dont get them anymore. anyway, what I am saying is, IT WILL GET BETTER (hopefully!) hugz to you!

hey Zoe!

Its allison. We were banded the same day. How are things with you going? I had some crazy dreams to the first night home. I wouldnt even repeat them out loud lol. I think it has something to do with the anastesia. Anyways I feeling much better. I hope all is well with you

Well I just came home today from the hospital from being banded yesterday. Everything went fine and I feel fine. Now I off to the weight loss races.

I was banded yesterday by a surgeon in Shreveport LA. I was OK last night but hurt like an SOB today, especially at the port site. Dr is giving me stronger meds to get through. I haven't felt nauseous at all and doing good with tiny amounts of clear liquids, but this morning I had carnation instant Breakfast and it tasted like heaven. One big problem is crushing my regular meds (for high BP) , but hopefully I won't be on them for long!! I am pretty hungry and I have never seen so many commercials for steak houses and sub shops in my life than I have in the past 24 hours - but I'm hanging in there! Good luck to all July newbies! I hope to stay in touch with ya'll and keep up with progress.

Marie

Couple of questions:

Ice is helping but what about heat for pain at port site?

Is anyone else having pain not controlled by hydrocodone?

Anyone else being driven kuukuu by a smothering mother? haha! (she is literally following me around with cups of liquid and trying to put them in my mouth - argh!!!)

Thanks Leona and NatesMommy. It's comforting to know that I'm not the only one having weird dreams. I slept great last night and hope that tonight will be good as well. I go back to work tomorrow. I'm a little concerned....I have a National Makeup Artist in and have 110 appointments the next 2 days. eeek That's alot of faces! Good luck to you all in your recovery!

I am now 2 days post op and my tummy is swollen and rumbling/grumbling! But the good news is i"m not really hungry---just empty feeling. Tijuana is the pits alone. I just paid $2.50 for 1/2 Cup of jello---I"m feeling depressed here all by myself---walking and shopping ain't much fun alone. I can't wait to get home. I wish I had some ruby slippers to click my heels with! But alas, I will get no sympathy there, as only dh knows about my surgery! My flight leaves at 9:35 am...I'm counting the minutes!:help:

Well I went to my dr. for my 2 wk visit today. He told me that I was doing everything wrong. I didn't understand about not drinking Water at the same time as I ate. When it was explained to me I now understand the lack of weight loss. I am trying to do it right now. He also told me that I can't have a fill for 4 more weeks. Bummer. OH well I guess I have to follow his instructions. I guess it is a learning process. I also found out that it was not my port that was hurting but just some muscle on the same side as my port. I guess that is good to know. Overall it was a good appointment. I learn alot.

What I did when I was just starting with the Protein Drinks I would take a little Dixie cup and maybe every hour or so I would fill it with the drink and drink it and then my the end of the day I had it all drunk. Now what I do is add Peanut Butter to it and drink it in halves. Half in the morning and half in the evening. It seems hard to fit everything in in a one day period. Well I hope that helps someone that is having problems getting there Protein drinks down.

Good luck to all those having surgery this week. I promise that it does get better everyday. God bless, Beth:biggrin1:

Hey guys. I just talked to kmo (time to love me) She is doing good and is going to try to get on line tonight and give everyone an update....

Stesti - I was banded on July 14th and have been experiencing bad dreams and 1 night of terrible nightmares. This is very unusual for me and was wondering if anyone else has been having similar experiences.

You know I have been having these too..anyway, last night I dreamed that Bobby Brown died and Whitney may have killed him!! :heh: HaHaHa!

Hell to the NO! :rofl:

Hey everyone!! I'm in Del Rio and just got back from Acuna where we had dinner!! I'm so exited. The other gal having her lapband done has her sister with her. The sister is a surgical nurse and has been down here with 4 other people that had their band done by Dr. Rod. We had a great time at the Mexican Restaurant and had a mariachi (sp?) band play music for us. Anyway, now back in hotel and drinking Water before midnight. Tomorrow I'll enter bandland.

Glad to hear KMO is doing well!! Thoughts and prayers for all of you newbies!!

:omg: hi all, i just got to my room a little over an hour or so ago. :omg: I AM NOW OFFICIALLY BANDED! i spent 4.5 hours in the OR, with some issues, but i'm okay! I love this hospital, lol. I get a flatscreen tv on a swing pole type of thing on the screen there are so many options. internet, tv, music,movies...and so on lol. i'm typing this laying flat down LoL

so now about the surgery, lol. i feel sore mostly on the right side. i even did peepee pretty much right away, i know this might be TMI BUT I WANTED TO SHARE< LOL> l've had urine retention issues in th past, so we all were worried, for no reason lol. l've spent too much time thinking about it. okay, so i've been pretty much nausiated all of day. l've had several issues with bradycardia all moning and evening. I am very tired. i've snoozed several times already. the aid gave me broth and Jello. l tried both, it's ok. and the aide,well,she forgot to give me the sf jello! so it was nasty. l know these will all pass by ,lol,along with the gas that i may recieve by the morning. shortly

you all take care, l've been giving a second shot at life, like most of you all have. so i hope to go above and beyond. also, i did my final pre surgery weighin i was at 223, with no pre op diet? :rofl:

i'll be more alert later, it took mealmost 2 hrs to write lol

thanks for your well wishes