Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July 2006 Band Crew

One day left of fluids and then I'm on to MUSHIES!:clap2:

For all those people just starting on fluids believe me it gets MUCH easier ......I never thought I would last 2 weeks with only slimfast, Water and broth but here it is 13 days later and I actually feel great.

That doesn't mean that I wouldn't give my right arm for a piece of pizza right now though..:)

Just remember that you must NOT drink anything during your meal. You are supposed to wait 30 minutes after your meal before you drink and don't drink 30 minutes before your meal. I wasn't doing this and I got reprimanded for it.

Question: Can a big sneeze do any damage to my port? I just sneezed awhile ago and ever since then I have sharp pain in my port site. Could I be concerned. Thanks for your response.

Beth

hey all my july buddies,

Well it has been 4 days being banded... Today I had a little more energy so I got a few things done around the house. My dd had to do anything that included me bending. My port area is so sore. It feels fine until I move the wrong way or bend, then its like a hot, burning pain in my right side. We got alot done that needed attention but I tired quickly so I took a two hour nap today while my youngest slept. ok so I have some questions for you pros that were banded earlier than me... LOL bear with me its alot...

I am having such a hard time getting in all of my Protein Drink its only 8 oz. I make it at night and freeze it for the morning in small 2 oz cups. I had one for Breakfast and that is all I could eat for 6 hours. Then at lunch I had three bits of bean and bacon Soup (blended) and could not eat any more. I had plan of having a Protein freeze for a snack but I am just not hungry and am scared if I try it will hurt..

Is everybody getting their Water in? I make myself drink 4 oz at a time but I can't imagine drinking 64oz a day. I would have to drink all day. there would never be room for food because water, tea, crystal light makes me fill full. Is that normal or will it better as the swelling goes down?

I have finally started getting gas pains I think? They are in my shoulders and neck. Is that gas? or am I just sore?

And one more thing... Is everybodies stomach rumbly all the time. My stomach has made so many gurrgly noises and makes the them so loud that it will wake my dh up at night... Does that stop?

Ok I am done for now but don't be suprised if I come back in a few days with more questions.LOL

Thanks for all the help...

Hey JMO!!

So excititng that you are finally a bandalina!

I am going to try to respond to your questions

PROTIEN

You will know something will hurt before it actually does. My Doctor does nto require protien sumpliments he thinks they are too high in calories, but I feel I need some too, I have not had any yet.

WATER

I try to start my day with a litre of Water. It seems to go down easier before I eat anything and I am strangely convinced it lubes my joints! I also try to drink a litre or a half of one before bed. I find if I drink it close to eating, I feel icky.

GAS

If you feel the gas in your back or shoulders, the best thing to do is walk, walk around your house if it is too hot outside. I also found I coudl sort of rock it away if I rocked back and forth.

Rumbling

That will stop, but it does come and go!

BTW - I ate some reduced fat cheese in my cheese grits lastnight, my body did not like it AT ALL!! Be careful when adding in reduced fat anything after doing liquids.< /p>

Hi All!!

It's all very nice here...the doctors & staff have been awesome! Surgery went off yesterday without a hitch. :clap2: I left the hospital this morning & spent some time napping:notagree in my hotel room, then we went to the mall to walk around a bit & had dinner :hungry: here in the hotel. I'm just a little sore & have had NO issues with gas...maybe I'll be One Of The Fortunate Few (any Delbert fans out there???) that won't have any real trouble to speak of.

We leave in the morning to go back home--can't wait to see our "kids" (4 Pekingese & a Pug.) All of you that are about to be banded---good luck & take care of yourself....you'll be oh so fine!

Hi all:

This Janet checking in - I haven't been to July group since I signed in. I was banded on July 4th - my husband thinks that was the coolest day to pick - Independence Day in more ways than one.

Things have been going very well for me. I spent extra time PVR after surgery and was so glad that I did - it was sort of a mini-vacation for my husband, son and me.

When I weighed myself on 7-25 I was down 17 lbs. Which made me extremely happy. The pureed food has been interesting - I tried making my own, far to much work for me! And I so thought that I would be hungry all the time, 900 calories just doesn't seem like much. But to my surprise it has been very easy and I have good restriction. I drink lots of Water, take my liquid vitamins and walk on my treadmill.

Congrats to all my fellow July 06 bandster pals.

Janet

well today is my one week mark from the day I was banded. I am feeling much much better! I am a little confused about the full liquid diet deal. Since I am only doing liquids do i still have to wait an hour before drinking Water? Maybe im crazy but because its all liquid I just didnt see the point. Some one help me out here

i was banded on thur. and the dr. & nutritionist are having me drink water upto 30 min. before a meal and then wait 60 min after. even though it's all liquid, they still want me to do this. as always, check w/t your doc.

Congrats to all the new bandsters!

I was so happy this morning. I did my mid-week peak at the scale and I'm down another 3 lbs!! I'm at 31.6 now!! This is since I started the two weeks of pre-op liquids on June 21st. I was banded on July 5th. I've been weighing every Wednesday as my surgery was on a Wednesday and it works out well with the Gone for Good Club tracking.

The only problem I'm having is with my arthritic knees. I get cortisone shots in them and I'm waiting until right before I go back to work (Aug. 28th - I work for the school district). So I'm having to deal with the pain and discomfort until then. When a low front goes through I'm like a barometer. We had a T-storm this morning, which we needed really bad here, and I was miserable in my sleep. Other than that, everything to do with the band is going great. I get my first fill on Aug. 17th.

It's still weird not driking during meals. When I went to a restaurant I ordered food, but nothing to drink and the waiter thought that was very strange to not even want Water LOL! I told him I was fine and he left it alone then.

ERICSMOM - The only problem I'm having is with my arthritic knees. I get cortisone shots in them and I'm waiting until right before I go back to work (Aug. 28th - I work for the school district).

Ericsmom, do the shots hurt? I just found out I have arthritis in my big toe - so crazy! But I have not been able to walk much for the past week and a half. The Dr. offered to do a cortisone shot but I freaked and said no. Now I am on icky meds that mess up my stomache. I got some chewale Motrin yesterday and am hoping that will help.

And congrats on your 31 Lbs loss!!! Yea for you!

BGP,

I had a cortisone shot in my foot and I about DIED.. It hurt so bad BUT, It helped so much I would do it again in a heartbeat. It took the pain away for over a month. So if your in a lot of pain now and you want it to go away, try the shot it only hurts while they are giving it...

Banded yesterday morning and was home by dinner time. Not that I was eating dinner :-) Feeling much better today. Phew.

:clap2: Hip, hip, lose your hips HOORAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Gilbert!:clap2:

Dr. Leung is awsome isn't he?

I took my bandages off yesterday and my incisions look great. I dont' know why I was expecting great gaping holes. But alas, he put everything back into place. One week out for me and I feel great Gilbert.

Every day gets better.

Hugs

your band buddy

Paula

JMO - thanks for the advice! Next time I may try it, I was just so close to the surgery that I coudl nto imagine more needles, I am am such a baby!

Well, I've entered Bandland!! All went well with my surgery and I am having slight discomfort, but can't really say it's pain. So, I'm feeling pretty good. Spent the night in the hospital on Friday and today we are in a hotel in San Antonio. We fly home tomorrow. I'm going to do some walking, take a shower and relax some now.