Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

I am short and small boned, I've always been a smaller size on bottom than top so that's probably part of it but still I was shocked! When this started I was barely getting into a 20 and really needed a 22.

Congrats Linda! Great job!

I am stuck at 57 lbs. lost. I need to step it up! I know what to do I just need to DO IT!

Hopefully warm weather soon & I can walk my mile.

I seem to need a fill some days then other days not. Do any of you have those days? I am only 4 1/4 cc filled. What do you think?

Marie

Marie...you are a great cheerleader!

I had a fill last Monday and have been REALLY tight....have eaten very little. Probably not enough, really, but I know it's is absolutely working.

I am tighter in the mornings than I've ever felt before, having trouble even getting a Protein Shake down...takes me a LONG time to drink it.

I feel like I am learning how to eat for the first time - SLOW and chewing to liquid. Sounds so basic but really it feels brand new...

SO, I know this will take me to the next level. Last week I lost 2lbs! I was hoping to get off 10 before my hubby and I go to Hawaii, but at this rate I will get close!

Thing is, I do feel hungry but can't get much down before it feels stuck...so, I quit eating and let that be it.

Ultimately, it's all good, but I am in another adjustment phase. 30 more to go to get to that 70% place my surgeon says is a good place to land...that'll put me at a 60+ loss, and about 160. Realistic for 51 and four kids, I think.

Worst thing is going to be the saggy belly...and I don't see the hub springing for a tummy tuck....oh well, will have to rely on Spanx to keep it all tucked in! Lol

I have not been exercising....I know I would feel better...like you, Marie, I am so ready for the weather to warm up so I can walk outside! In the meantime, I really need to get back to Zumba.

Anyway, let's do what we gotta do to make this work - once and for all! It's time, don't you think?

Blessings,

Kim

Btw...Linda, how are you feeling???

I am doing better getting there slowly. I can't exercise right now and feel the flabby belly thing myself my daughter keeps telling me my belly is still swollen from the surgery but I don't know. I have lost so much everywhere but feel fat still because of that darn belly fat lol. Oh well all in good time I guess but yes a Tummy Tuck would help. I've had two c sections a full hysterectomy (before they did them liproscopic) lap band and now a hernia. I told my husband I feel like my tummy is a plump road map! I did do quit a bit of walking yesterday seems all I can do at this point. :) Have a great day everyone I am at work and hope to be able to stay a bit longer.

Oh and yes some days I think I could eat the house others can't eat much of anything at all!

Linda...glad to hear you are feeling stronger! Good for you...I know the exercise will come - maybe later than you want, but it will come!

Yes, I know all about the flabby belly! I've had 4 babies - my boys (my last two), were each almost 11 lbs, and then c-sections to boot! I'm stretched all over kingdom-come! Its just so awful looking...good thing the hub is the only one who sees it...he's got his own issues, so he is VERY kind to me...and it just works! Still, "I" would love to have this "drape" sucked and tucked! LOL...probably won't happen, so like I said, I'll just keep everything tucked up w/ a Spanx or something and keep it covered!!

I purged my closet last week, probably getting rid of 2/3 of the big stuff! That felt really liberating! Everything is going to the AmVets today...hopefully all the nice things will do someone else some good.

All my rings are too big, so eventually I'll need to get them sized. I have some very nice 'fine' jewelry so it'll all be worth the $ to get them fitted properly so they don't just fall off somewhere. I'd be sick!!

Feeling REALLY draggy today. Need to get out and run a couple errands but just don't know if I have the gumption. Its been over-cast and rainy here in IN for DAYS....starts getting to me, I think...and there is little sun in the forecast for the next 10 days!!

Anyway, Linda, glad you are on the mend. Take it as slow as you need to...listen to your body. It rarely lies!!

K.

I was that way yesterday (dragging) but my daughter convinced me to get out and do some retail therapy. I don't usually like shopping but it was great to just go and I got some new shirts for spring which I really needed since the ones from last year hang off me like a tent :) that made me happy. Got some great buys at Khols but spent more than I should because I have several birthdays coming up for family members. Thank goodness for 30% off coupons! Just go do it you will feel better.

Yesterday it rained all day now today sitting in my office the sun is shining. figures but at least it's not real cold. I feel for our friend North of us.

Linda, glad you are on the mend. And getting back to exercise will come just take it easy for now and do what you have to do.

Talking about the tummy thing, yes Thank God no one sees it but me & my hubby! Thats bad enough! LOL! But I feel 100% better then I did 6 mths ago, more energy, no sluggish feeling.

Later, Marie

Anyone there???

Its been a while since any of us posted...wondering how you all are doing??

I had a feeling this last adjustment would be THE one to take me to the next level in my journey...I was not wrong. DOWNSIDE...I have terrible trouble eating ANYTHING and it not getting stuck. Some days seems worse than others, but generally speaking, its REALLY REALLY tough most of the time. I am still trying to get into the swing of taking TEENY TINY bites...which, for me, negates the pleasure of eating altogether...you just don't get the flavor/taste of what you're eating.

I'm at the place now where eating is utilitarian - for fuel only, and not for pleasure. Which is probably not bad in itself, but it sure does make for some difficult mid- and post-meal sliming and regurgitation. AS IN RIGHT NOW.

I ate some Chinese...rice and chicken. Spicy. Used a TEASPOON and chewed thoroughly before swallowing, but I'm still dying here....its just STUCK in the middle of my chest like a huge, unmovable glob of cement. Ugh. IF I COULD JUST GET A DECENT BELCH OUT OF HERE...

Anyone else having any of these issues? I don't want to have Fluid removed...this is why I did this...but boy...

I have given up getting on the scale, tho...it seems to defy me every single time. I am just watching my clothes....and I got a new bra, from a 44 around to a 38. Its pretty snug, to be sure, and I'm on the first row of hooks, but it does look MUCH better.

Lots of changes...

HOW ARE YOU ALL?? Linda, are you back to your old self???? Hoping all is well!

Heading to FL on Saturday for our spring break. Back on the 6th, then the Hub and I are going to Maui for a week, 10-17. Fun stuff....esp when I feel much better in a bathing suit!!

Enjoy the sunshine, Ladies! Its shining (but cold!) here in Indiana...hope it is where you are, too!

Kim

Hello everyone

I have been very lazy in reading and posting here....I haven't had a fill for quite some time as I too have issues alot of days with things getting stuck....I try to follow what I have learned I take small bites but I have had yogurt get stuck which is crazy but mornings and later nites are the worst for me....I generally don't eat bread but yesterday I was able to have a small grilled cheese sandwich....strange...being stuck really sucks but hubby is used to it now...and understands thankfully

I plan on having another fill in 2 weeks....just because if I eat soft food....I can eat more then a cup...

Have a great weekend

Hey Kim, it's looking okay over here in Kentucky and I'm doing good. Sorry to hear about your stuck episodes, sounds like you may need a little removed. I hit the green zone and hope to stay there for awhile, but I go to the doc in a week, so I watch closely this week to see how I'm doing. I'm also moving to Australia in about 2 months, so I'm going to question if I need to do anything special for that long of a plane ride, I hope not, but in case I need an unfill, I fortunately met someone on here to help me with a doc over there. Hope everyone else is doing good! I would love to lose 40 more, but not sure if that's really feasible :). And have a great time in Florida and then Maui, that is awesome!

Kim, that tightness is just what I need! I have an appt. April 16th. I hope i get the fill I need. I am having a hard time right now.

Keep up the good work.

Marie

Hello everyone! Today is my first full day back at work, I've been doing about 4-5 hours at a time. I am doing better, I still have a little soreness but compared to the way the hernia felt it's so much better! I have not been able to exercise and did not have a fill during my 6 weeks so things were getting a little loose. I wasn't losing any and the other day I got on the scale and was back to 192 I flipped. I didn't fill I needed the fill until I went to the beach with my daughter Easter weekend and realized I could pretty much eat anything I just had to eat it slow this being said I went ahead and got a fill last week, this one is tight tight. I have problems with most anything if I don't chew enough or eat slow, I've also found I can not drink much at all at one time and before I could. All that being said I am learning to not get stuck so much it's so hard to do but as soon as I feel it might be happening no matter how much I want that bite I stop. Sun I was at my moms and she was concerned because I got what my daughter calls the stuck look. I just stopped and said mom I'm okay just got to go slow, she worries way to much! I eventually finished my meal about 30 minutes after everyone else! It's so frustrating sometime but then this morning I got on the scale and it read 186.6 so I am pumped and ready to continue! I will start my walking more back today :) Kim I could not have describe how I'm feeling any better than you did it's the exact same for me. Amy I'm really envious of you, I've went to Australia in 2007 and fell in love, I have always said if I could move anywhere in the world it would be there or Aruba! Good luck!

Not sure why, but I'm not getting notifications for everyone's posts!!! I did get Linda's today, but that's all...so please understand that my "no reply" was because I didn't know anyone had posted!! ?

Lets see...Linda, so happy to hear you are on the mend. I know its been quite a journey, but it seems your near a good spot! Yay!

I am still learning this new "place" with that last fill. Its still so so hard for me...I will say I was down another bit (4lbs, accd'ing to their records; a little more accd'ing to my scale)...so that's about a pound a week. Guess that's good, right? I'm never satisfied w/ my progress....BUT I've exercised NOT AT ALL, so I'm sure it'll be more dramatic as I am motivated to pick up the pace and move my tail....FINALLY warm here in Indy, but its been so hectic the past few days I've not been out to enjoy it. YET.

Hub and I are taking our sneakers and plan to do some walking while we're in Maui...so that's a start.

Needless to say, I did NOT get another fill yesterday. I' think I'm good for a while. I did ask my Dr about my volume...he said I'm at about 1/5cc!!! I have noticed some of you are up toward 4!!! I think I'd be dead at that rate! I can barely choke down a shake most days...any tighter and really, well....I just cannot imagine it. LOL I believe I, too, have found that GREEN ZONE...now if I can just add movement, I think I'd see faster results. So that's a goal, right??

Well, I'd better keep this short...much to do to get ready to leave early tomorrow morning...easy for me to spin my wheels...

Blessings, everyone, for continued success and mental improvement. We all know this is WAY more than physical! I'm still working on the "real me" -- the inside, to know I'm worth every step of this little journey! I know you are, too!!

Hugs,

Kim

re-read that, and I meant to state I am at 1 and 1/2 cc on my band!! Not sure why it came out 1/5!!?? Sorry!