Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

FYI, ladies...

Learned today that LESLIE SANSONE's "Walk At Home" DVDs are on sale at Target, for $9!!

If you are looking for an easy-start exercise program, this is the thing for you!! I have several of Leslie's DVDs...they are all great, and will give you a good workout! You can increase your intensity to up the ante!!

Amy....76 lbs!! WOW....that's fantastic! We're so happy for you....will be so happy to see the number loom closer for me!

As for fills, mine have been miniscule! I had to have Fluid removed about 10 days out from surgery, so I've been REALLY conservative about it. ... My surgeon agrees! Still, he's confident I should see 30 more by summer!! I just MUST get control of this sweet-tooth....its REALLY been a problem lately. Ugh. Sabotage.

Good luck, everyone!

Do any of you have days when NOTHING will go down?? Even something that you might have eaten before, w/ no trouble??

On the way to church this morning, I ate a "Clif Builder" Protein Bar. No problems. Several hours later, I thought I'd try a bit of a bagel (which we supply in our church's cafe)...well, it did NOT work. After gagging on it for a while, I eventually ended up actually throwing it up.

Once I got it out, I was fine.

Came home and warmed up some chinese take-out...it is NOT working, either. I am still choking on it. Its hurting and its coming back and back and back...mostly "slime" -- anyone ever have that issue? Its not really the food, but just slime....???? I know its a nasty subject, but I just want to know what your experiences have been (or IF you have any) with re-gergitation??

What's crazy is that I've eaten chinese before - this actual dish was leftover from Friday (no problems, tho I couldn't eat very much)..."generally" I can eat it w/ no issues at all!!!?? What in the world....???

Just wondering, girls!?

Kim

Hi Kim,

Yes! I have days like that. I noticed I can barely eat anything in the morning. lunch is a little better but by dinner I am generally good. But there are times when I can eat something and then the next day there is no way! Its kind of odd. But so far so good. I'm almost at 30 lbs and I feel so much better. I haven't been trying that much lately but I am getting ready to buckle down for Spring. I am loving being a couple sizes smaller and would like to be one more size down this summer. Hope you are all well.

Warm Regards,

Melissa

I am having more and more of those days lately. Saturday was really bad, could not eat hardley anything all day. I even tried Soup and no luck by Sun night I was as cranky as one can get. My husband made hamburgers on the grill and finally I was able to eat just the meat of course. Best hamburger I've ever had LOL, Yesterday was better, had a Protein Shake for Breakfast and a salad for lunch & dinner but it was slow go. This morning I tried to eat a wrap and let me tell you that was a big mistake and I'm at work!!!! yikes!

Anyway everyone have a great Wed, the weather here is awful so it's going to be fun. I have a dr appt at 4 for a fill but I'm so tight I don't think I'm going to to it. Maybe they can figure out what this swelling in my stomach is.

There is a reason for the purple Font. I am doing RELAY FOR LIFE, You can look at my page here : http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?fr_id=51043&pg=personal&px=23508682

Linda...oddly, I notice MAJOR tightness about a WEEK after a fill!! What's up w/ that??? Not really so much right after, but it seems to gradually feel tighter as the days go along.

Yesterday almost nothing went down! I ate soooooooooooooooooo slow at dinner last night (blackened Mahi w/ dirty rice --- so good!), by the time I got it all down it was down-right cold!! But it was the most I'd eaten all day.

Then this morning, I tried eating a bowl of cereal...I rarely do any solids first-thing but rather a soy-protein shake...anyway, it did NOT work at all. What few bites I did get down were the ONLY ones that were going down. I poured the entire bowl-full down the drain. Then I drank my shake like a good girl!!

But it just tells me ITS WORKING, and its what I wanted and what I need to make this work, once and for all!

I am lamenting my sweet WW friends who are on it AGAIN...probably for the 4th+ time since I met them on the WW community board about 3-4 years ago. On/off, on/off....we all know that drill. I'm so thankful I chose this route. Tough as it is some days.

I'm slowly losing, tho, and that's what counts. I'm excited that I'm starting to feel comfortable about looking for tops in the MISSES section (still an XL)...that's really fun. Boy, there's so much more selection in that dept - and the styles are actually FUN!! ;-)

So, stay the course...its working. We gotta do the right things, take it slow as necessary, and keep moving.

Have a great Wednesday

Went to the dr. I'm down 40 pounds and so excited!!! I do have to go have a cat scan though the swelling may be a hernia :( Not sure when it will be they have to call me to schedule it.

BTW I want mahi mahi Oh my goodness that sounds so yummy!!!! ;)

I feel a fill about a week later, it's weird that it does that. Some say it's a matter of the fill getting through the tubing to the band and others say it's because you don't get to solids until a few days later, but it still takes me a week. Kim, thanks for the complement :) I do notice in the mornings I'm tighter and also after exercising. Some ladies and I started walking at work around lunch time and I have noticed that when I get back and eat lunch (at my desk) it's harder to eat and it has to be the exercise since this did not happen before.

If you guys are not already involved, the monthly challenges that Lisa has are really nice and she keeps an awesome tracker each week to show progress. February should be starting up soon. Look up January 2013 challenge to see what I'm talking about if you are interested.

Oh and sorry I keep posting, but I keep thinking of different things :). Anyone have problems with not being regular (I know gross topic, but a reality :))? I was good for the most part up to this point and recently am starting to have problems. I am see the NUT Saturday but wanted to see if anyone found anything that has worked for you?

Don't be sorry for posting and to answer your question. Yes yes yes I have had this problem since I started this and it's not getting any better. My dr recommended ducalax but I'll be honest nothing seems to help.

I have "issues" now and then...I tend toward the "bound-up" problem, but it comes and goes. I don't usually do anything specific...it does seem to right itself in time.

I'm sure they'll tell you to drink more Water, eat more Fiber and yes, try the supplements (I used the Sam's Club brand of Miralax -- works just as good for less $$)...

Its a troubling problem, for sure...and yep, a natural part of our transformations!!

I'm REALLY having trouble w/ solids this week...feel so hungry by the time its mealtime, but I cannot really eat anything. I'm eating Soup w/ no prob, and then last night we had company, the hub fixed a FABULOUS pork loin, roasted....I fixed cheesy hashbrown casserole, and green Beans. I ate SO SLOW, and still it was a struggle. I ate a SKINNY piece of meat, about 1/4c potatoes and about that much green Beans. Then had a dish of vanilla ice cream w/ sliced strawberries. THAT went down easy! LOL OF COURSE IT DID....it was sugary!

So, I am down a bit this morning. So, I have no regrets. Still, I'm feeling hungry and will try a Protein Bar here soon.

Company again tonight, and we're doing an encore of what we had last night! I hope I can really enjoy it!

Oh well...we're on a roll, girls! NO REGRETS AT ALL!!

Have a blessed Thursday!

K.

Thanks for the tip K, I will have to go to Sams and get some.

No regrets and to anyone that thinks it's easy be prepared it's not but it's worth it! I feel like a new person that has been awakened.

My dt asked me if I had more energy the answer is an astounding yes!

Oh yeah, I've got more energy, too...and abounding confidence! I still have 30+ to go, but I, too, feel like a new person!

I'm "accessorizing" my outfits -- for the record, I'm generally a very conservative dress'er, tending toward the "classic" over the "trendy" -- HOWEVER, I'm becoming more and more convinced that some of that is because I've always wanted to stay invisible. If you dress trendy, people notice you. I didn't want to be noticed...black all the time, baggy so as not to show my drooping belly...and grouchy about it all, all the time.

SO, now I'm wearing brighter things, wearning more bling'y jewelry (bought a $50 Bracelet from "Premier Designs" and look for things to wear it with!! -- would have NEVER done that 30lbs ago!)

So, I'm with you, Linda..."a new person that has been awakened" - INDEED!

I'm looking forward to a trip to Hawaii in April, with the DH (work-related)...this year I'll be friendlier and more willing to engage w/ others. Not that I've ever been completely introverted, but I know I've tended toward "reserved" more than my natural outgoing self....NOT ANYMORE...lol!!!

Kim

Thanks for the input. I got Metamucil last night and a tea laxative that worked a little too well :).

And like you Kim, I'm more on the reserved side, but my personality comes out a lot more as I lose more weight. I can't believe how many people are noticing the weight loss :) Now if I would just wear something that actually fit, I'm really trying to hold out to get smaller, but eventually I'll have no choice and will have to get clothes. Someone even offered to buy me a shirt the other day as a joke since I was swimming in my blouse, but I just said it's a nice reminder. And I have no regrets, at first I had buyers remorse only because I was self pay, but hopefully taxes will help pay down this loan and as good as I feel, I'm not to remorseful anymore. Kim, I hope you get better with eating, if it keeps up, may just be time for an unfill for short while.