Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

Got some news today I didn't want to get. I had a CT scan done yesterday for this bulge in my upper belly and it's official it is a hernia :( I am told that surgery is neede but that is all the information the nurse was allowed to give me. I see the Dr on Thur and will know more. The thought of another surgery is NOT something I wanted to do and I'm really scared of what this means as far as my band goes. :angry:<_< I swore I would be strong and not break down when I got the info because I knew that is what it was but I'm about to lose it. :*(

Aw, Linda....so sorry, friend...I'm praying for you RIGHT NOW - for PEACE and strength and courage!! Will write more later, but be assured you are in my prayers....keep your chin up!!

Hugs!

Kim

Thank you so much!

Aw, Linda....so sorry, friend...I'm praying for you RIGHT NOW - for PEACE and strength and courage!! Will write more later, but be assured you are in my prayers....keep your chin up!!

Hugs!

Kim

I'm sorry to hear that Linda, but hopefully it should not have much of an impact on your band. I had mine fixed at the time of the surgery and got my band at the same time. Some have it done afterwards and they still have a band (at least what I have seen on LBT). I hope all turns out well for you!

Thanks for the info Amy

Linda, so sorry to hear about your problem. But I am sure you will be fine. Good thoughts. How did you know you had a hernia?

Ladies, as for the bathroom problem, I use Philips Stool Softener, one a day & that is the only thing that seems to help. Now I still dont go but every few days but it is a lot better.

I've had been having a lot of mild pain below my right rib and about a month ago it started getting really bad and swelling. One day when my family was at the house it was horrible and I guess I kept rubbing it (seems to help) my daughter noticed and said mom why does your stomach look swollen and you keep rubbing it, are you pregnant? (funny girl) I then I lifted my shirt and showed the area to them my son in law said looks like you may have a hernia better get that checked so the next appt I had I told my dr but at that time it wasn't swollen bad and he really didn't think it was a hernia because of it's location well the next time I went he looked at it again and said we may need to do a CT scan on that so I went Mon, they called yesterday and said yes it is and surgery will be needed but that is all the nurse was able to tell me, I go tomorrow to find out just what all is going on :( I had told my husband after my band surgery that was the last time I would go under the knife, well guess the jokes on me :( I don't want to do this but if it will make me feel better in the long run then I will (don't have a choice from the sound of it) I'm a Christian but I am a worry wart also and I worry about the surgery, my family, what my mom will say (she was not happy about me getting the band) and my missing work so I'm just praying for peace over all this

Also I want everyone to know I do not know the cause of this hernia, it is right above an incision but it may not be caused by the band surgery not sure on that yet. I just don't want to scare people off from the band because other than upper back pain (which I've had for years) and this hernia I feel so much better with the 40 pounds gone that I've lost so far and I could NOT have done it without the band believe me I've tried every diet out there like everyone else here!

Linda, you are right, you probably need to tend to this. You have come this far & you will do fine with this surgery. I will pray for you. I am like you I worry a lot also, so I know how you feel. Keep us updated.

Is this a hiatal hernia or another type? Sorry if this is an ignorant question. The hernia I had repaired at surgery was a hiatal hernia, but what you described is exactly what I've been experiencing the last 2 weeks thinking it was my gallbladder or something, it's right under my right rib cage too. I go to my primary doc next week, but depending on what she thinks, may be visiting my lapband doc as well.

Well happy Anniversary baby! Our ann is 2/20 my surgery is set for 2/21. It is an incisional hernia and my doctor wants me to take it easy for 4-6 weeks after the surgery and told me to take it easy before also. Pretty bummed and I can not stay off work that long so I'm not sure what to do, I just hope they don't tell me I can not drive the entire 6 weeks!

I am wondering if anyone else has this problem. I was banded July 11, 2012. I have lost 56 lbs., but in Jan. it is like I hit a brick wall! I want to eat things that i havent wanted to eat since surgery, I seems i am hungry more often. I had a fill in early Feb. Please give me some feedback.

Linda....so hope you get through this surgery w/o incident!! Sounds like there is no choice, and that you will feel MUCH better. We'll be praying for successful procedure and quicker-then-expected healing!!

Marie...I will be SO happy to be at a -56lb loss!! WOW, that is just fantastic. I am hovering at the -30 thing and cannot seem to get a grip and move on DOWN. I know what my problem is...I am a snacker. I can eat chips from the bag, ice cream from the container...what I can't eat in "bulk" I can sure make up for in calories...YIKES.

I'm "guessing" you are just in a plateau - something all we "dieters" go through. Are you exercising? Can you ramp that up a bit? Maybe add 10 mins each time, or add another day?? Or try something new? Maybe drink a little more Water?

THESE ARE ALL THINGS I NEED TO BE DOING, too...I sure don't have all the answers.

I too feel that I am hungry a lot...I know I just need to drink more Water. Plus, I'm MAKING myself stay out of the kitchen and my paws out of the pantry when I'm passing through to the laundry room. Its been tough, but TODAY has been its own success.

Anyway, just a couple suggestions. Just don't give in to the temptation to snack - like "I" do...I'd be farther down the road if I'd just stop that.

My hub and I are going to Hawaii April 11-18....my goal is to get off 10 lbs by then! CAN IT BE DONE??? That's, what, 8 weeks?? Almost 9 weeks. IF I can keep my mind away from the kitchen, if I will LISTEN to my band, I think I can do it. Oh, and if I will make sure I'm getting in ample movement each week. I went back to ZUMBA this week...two times. Need to go 3-4 each week...maybe next week I can do better and then get into my rhythm...

I can sure feel it.

So, Marie, maybe give us a snapshot of your typical day? Activities? Food/times/occasions eaten? Water?

We'll get our brains together here and come up w/ a plan for BOTH of us!!!

Kudos on that 56 lbs. WOW...I'm just so happy for you -- and a little jealous! :-) I know its all up to me, tho...so YOU GO, LADY!!

--Kim

Ok Kim thanks for the suggestions & encouragement. I am very pleased with the 56 lbs. but I have a long way to go to get to my goal. My day starts at 5am, I am a bus driver. I do have a hard time finding Breakfast foods besides eggs. I stay away from shakes I would rather eat something.

When the weather was warmer I was walking 1 mile a day 3 - 4 times a week, but it is still a little cold in morning for me. I clean my church & 1 house 4 days a week.

Like you Kim I am a snacker. Also I need to stay away from bread & other carbs, I do not lose when I eat them. I do eat good carbs- nuts, fruit & veggies.

I am really interested in the Paleo diet (caveman diet). Protein, veggies, fruit, whole grains & nuts, no dairy & low carb. This seems the best way of eating for me.

Also I did just have a fill but sometimes I just don't feel it, if you know what i mean. My band has 4 1/4 cc. 10cc band. I like that full feel, it keeps me headed in the right direction.

It sure was good to chat with you. Have a wonderful day! God Bless You!

Surgery tomorrow at 8 am :/