Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

Well, believe it or not, I actually lost almost 3lbs...but it took a month to do it!

Must be that "Bandster hell" I've heard about.

Got a fill, and we are kinda guessing I'm still playing catch-up from having the Fluid removed early on...plus, likely I am just eating too many calories. So, I am encouraged to journal for the coming month.

I am trying to adjust my attitude about it....it just smacks so loudly of DIET, which is what I really wanted to get away from. But I will make a good effort, and then be better accountable to myself for what I am taking in. I really would love to lose 15lbs by Christmas! Something has to change or it will not happen.

Hope everyone is well. Have a successful week! Getting chilly in Indy, and major wind blowing...effects of Sandy. Hope all of you are safe!

Kim

Hi Ladies!

I’m so happy to tell you that today the scale marked 200 lbs!!!!! That’s -40 lbs for me!!!! I usually wait 3 days to tell the news but I’m too exited to wait lol

I’m noticing a pattern here the first week after a fill I drop 5 lbs and the following 2 weeks nothing and then the final week of the month another 5 lbs, 10 lbs each month.

Also I’m back to my pre-baby weight lol it took me 2 years and 7 months but I lost it.

I’m hoping to lose another 10 or 20 lbs by Christmas!!!

Hope everyone is doing great and stay safe those of you who are affected by Sandy.

Have a great day!!

Lucía

Lucy...WOW WOW WOW....how awesome!! CONGRATS to you...how exciting, and I wouldn't be able to wait to share either!! That is just fantastic!

I am sure you'll be down at least another 10 by Christmas - you inspire me!!

Happy day, indeed!!

Kim

Thanks Kim, now I just want to be in Onederland!! LOL and I need to update my profile picture :P

I'm feeling great today!! :D

Hey everyone!!

HOW'S IT GOING?? How was the weekend??

I did pretty good....didn't get any 'real' exercise in w/ all the busyness, but did clean some of my house, then my hubby and I walked 2m round-trip to the COLTS football game yesterday. So, I did move, just not "officially"...

Tonight I'm going to ZUMBA, so that'll make up for it.

Ran a few errands today. GOODWILL was one stop. I was looking for a "new" pr of jeans...in a 16W!! I asked God to show me where they were - and I found a nice pr for $7!! I tried on a new pr the other day at one of our local stores...they fit great!! But I just don't think its smart to buy "new" when I FULLY EXPECT to keep losing...so, happy to have another pr of jeans - some that don't bag in my butt!! Nothing worse than baggy-butt jeans! LOL

Had a icky issue today w/ food. Had to get a few items at Sam's Club, so decided to get a hot dog....I pulled off most of the bun, and tried to focus on chewing thoroughly, but it wasn't enough. I gagged and spit for a good 30 mins (sat in the parking lot and spit outside my car door!), then when I got home, I knew I was not going to make it to the bathroom, or a trashcan....so I lost it in the shrubs just outside my garage door!! UGH....bad news all around. But boy I felt better once I got it out. DUMB. Will not be doing that again any time soon....but again, I am just thankful its working like its supposed to! "I" just have to do my part.

Anyway, happy Monday, everyone! I do encourage you to vote tomorrow - such a privilege of our great country!!

Kim

Hey everyone!!

HOW'S IT GOING?? How was the weekend??

I did pretty good....didn't get any 'real' exercise in w/ all the busyness, but did clean some of my house, then my hubby and I walked 2m round-trip to the COLTS football game yesterday. So, I did move, just not "officially"...

Tonight I'm going to ZUMBA, so that'll make up for it.

Ran a few errands today. GOODWILL was one stop. I was looking for a "new" pr of jeans...in a 16W!! I asked God to show me where they were - and I found a nice pr for $7!! I tried on a new pr the other day at one of our local stores...they fit great!! But I just don't think its smart to buy "new" when I FULLY EXPECT to keep losing...so, happy to have another pr of jeans - some that don't bag in my butt!! Nothing worse than baggy-butt jeans! LOL

Had a icky issue today w/ food. Had to get a few items at Sam's Club, so decided to get a hot dog....I pulled off most of the bun, and tried to focus on chewing thoroughly, but it wasn't enough. I gagged and spit for a good 30 mins (sat in the parking lot and spit outside my car door!), then when I got home, I knew I was not going to make it to the bathroom, or a trashcan....so I lost it in the shrubs just outside my garage door!! UGH....bad news all around. But boy I felt better once I got it out. DUMB. Will not be doing that again any time soon....but again, I am just thankful its working like its supposed to! "I" just have to do my part.

Anyway, happy Monday, everyone! I do encourage you to vote tomorrow - such a privilege of our great country!!

Kim

Leason learned with the hotdog. As much as moments like those are miserable it is a great reminder of the band's effectiveness and how we need to make better choices. A guy I work with had a similar experience so I don't dare even try a hot dog ~ though I have had a craving here or there. Glad it passed for you and wasn't any worse that it was. I remember a woman in my support group meeting saying she had to go to the ER for having a pickle spear stuck for several hours.

From my pre-op (mid. July) to now, I am down 52 lbs and SO excited. It's weird because I know I have lost a significant amount of weight but I still feel so "fat" that I don't really realize I have lost that much.... Weird. I tried on my winter coat from last year that was snug and I am swimming in it!!! Wooo Hoo.

Sunday, I went downtown (Chicago) with my friend and daughters and we did my first 5k "race". I power walked it but was very proud of myself. From walking to/from the hotel, the race, etc. my friend's pedomoter said we walked 6.83 miles. Six months ago I could have NEVER done that.

Tomorrow back to the surgeon though... I had a fill last Tuesday and I think I am too tight. I don't dare try any solid foods as they aren't liking me right now. I thought I would give it a few days as I can get liquids down (slowly) to see if it was just inflamation... After a week of not getting much down I think it's time to get a slight unfill.

I hope everyone else is doing well!!! I should be after tomorrow ~ waiting for that relief!

DAWN!! wow!! 52 lbs is absolutely amazing. I'll bet you're swimming in EVERYTHING IN YOUR CLOSET!! Oh my goodness, thats just so great. You inspire the rest of us!

And yes, lesson learned with the hotdog. Its really odd, tho...its like almost everything I've eaten today has been rough. Well, I had an apple slice this morning and it did not go happily....then the hotdog...but this afternoon I had a "Clif Builder" bar and it was fine.

I do have my Protein Shake first-thing in the AM (really tasty!), so I'm probably okay on the Protein, but for some reason most of what I've actually EATEN has not done well. Yesterday was just fine!??

ANyway, we are all so very proud of you, Dawn!! Keep it going, girl!

And your 5K...well, THAT is also a very proud moment. I have no ambition toward that right now, but who knows...maybe come later winter I'll change my mind? I'm kinda focused on a cruise in Jan, then possibly Hawaii in March or April (hubby's work)....so I'm motivated to keep my butt moving and get the munching under control...I'm just so excited about your 50lbs!! AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME!!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/gallery/image/48921-2012-11-05-15-44-21-721/

I just uploaded a couple of pictures for comparison ;) let me know what you think

Good night everyone

52 pounds is amazing, I seem to be stuck at 32 and not going anywhere again. I had really hoped to be at 40 before my trip to Disney but that's less than 3 weeks away so I would have to do a crash diet in order to make it and well I just don't feel like it. On the plus side I joined the y last week and have gone several times even went very early this morning so I would make it to vote after work before it gets to late. I hope everyone is doing well.

Linda...you are doing it JUST RIGHT. FOR YOU. But I'll bet you'll see at least a few more off before your trip b/c of your exercise!! Might not be 10 in these 3 weeks, but easily 1/2 that!! Maybe consider doing a Protein Shake for one meal a day??

The Protein shake powder I found is really good! Its by "ON" ("Optimum Nutrition")...its 100% soy w/ no sugars, 25g Protein. I mix the chocolate powder with 6oz 1% milk (or skim if I have it) and about 4oz lowfat chocolate milk. Use a shaker cup, add ice cubes to help dissolve it, then I just drink it with a straw, keeping the ice in it...so its REALLY cold. I really like it. I do it for Breakfast every day, and occasionally, when nothing sounds good, I'll have one in the evening.

Maybe that'll even put you 'close' to the 10lb goal!?

Heading to ZUMBA again tonight. Went last night and it was a killer...so FAST. Too fast for a beginner/klutz like me...I bought a "LIving Social" deal, 5 zumba classes for $10!! She offers a "Zumba Gold" class for beginners or "seniors" -- I'm guessing its a little slower...I think I'll probably do that one, at least for the 5 classes...at least to better learn the steps. Then I'll be ready to really do it with the classes at the LA Fitness.

We'll see....but Linda, I know you'll begin to see some changes, so keep it up. Lots of positives - tho I will say that I don't LOVE exercise. Maybe someday I will!? I sure do like the way it makes me feel after, tho...so gotta keep it going.

Have a good night, everyone!

K.

Hello everyone!!!

I had my 3rd fill yesterday, so I'm now at 3cc, I'm on a 3 day liquid diet, I don't know what to eat, any ideas?

Wow, Lucy! How does it feel? I have no idea where I am, but 3cc seems a good place to be headed!

Three days liquid? Hmmm...I do a delicious Protein Shake (chocolate). We buy it from Amazon, but I'm sure it's available other places...it's by Optimal Nutrition (ON). It's 100% soy. I mix one scoop (25g protein) with 5oz each 1% milk and low fat chocolate milk. Put it in a "shaker cup" add several ice cubes and shake it to death...then I drink it with a straw. Very tasty.

Then there is Tomato Soup, cream of wheat, broth off chicken noodle soup...I am not very good about liquids...not much help I am afraid...tho I'd guess any brothy Soup would be good.

You are on a good roll! You have every right to celebrate!

I did buy a smaller pr of jeans! Found a 16W at Goodwill...$7.00! They fit really well and they make feel skinny! Ha!

I've been doing Zumba 2-3x/week, three weeks now...enjoying it and hate to miss. Meeting some nice ladies. Not sure of my weight..might step on tomorrow. Always afraid what it will tell me.

Let us know how these early days go at this level, Lucy...we will all get there eventually so it will be good to know how it goes for you!

My last fill is working well!!! I weighed in at 193.6 last night and this morning but that always seems to change just as I change my ticker so I'm giving it some extra time. I am excited about it though however I go back Mon to have most of the resistance removed for my trip. That means almost two weeks with little or no fill and Thanksgiving will be in there so I have to stick to it on my own. My doctor and I decided this would be best for my trip to Disney since I'm going with my daughters family (son in law, granddaughter, his mom & dad, me and my husband) we didn't want to take a chance on me getting stuck and sick while there. Like he said they don't (her in laws) need to have to wait on me or know what's going on. Wish me luck!!! I'm excited!!! 10 days away!!!!:):)

Lucy, I don't do well at all on the liquid diets, I almost never make it two days but I love the soy Protein Shakes you can mix it with lowfat frozen yogurt and it's amazing, that and Soup is usually mine Oh and Popsicles I have a Popsicle almost everyday.