Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Bandsters....lets Here You....

Good Morning!!

Kim, it didn’t go well for me, I had my fill on Monday at 7:00 p.m. and I was feeling pretty good yesterday I ate an activia for Breakfast and dinner and an oatmeal for lunch, well around 2:00 a.m. today I started feeling sick, I couldn’t breathe and started PBing like crazy, I stayed up all night running to the bathroom it was hell!!! I called my Dr first thing in the morning today and ask him to take out 1cc, we met in the ER and thank God that was over!!!

I’m now again at 2cc and still on a 3 day liquid diet, starting again today.

Next Tuesday I’m going to the Nutritionist for the first time and I’m going to start taking some Vitamins.< /p>

Kim, I can’t wait to be in the 16s again!! You must feel awesome!!!

Linda, Congrats on your weight loss!! And take a lot of pictures I have always wanted to go to Disney :) have fun!!!

Hi All,

Congrats on all the success. I am pretty much staying at my current weight and up and down 2 or 3 lbs. I am trying to get motivated to make the push for the next loss. I have another fill coming up in two weeks. I am traveling for Thanksgiving so I have to wait longer than I probably should. Linda- I am so excited to hear about your trip to Disney!!

Lucy- you look beautiful! And 40 lbs is just AMAZING. WOW. I am sorry to hear about the fill problems. Good luck with the liquids- that really sounds challenging but I know you can do it.

Kim- I need to get more motivated about exercise. I am doing a walk/jog program and some weeks I am better than others. This week I have missed once already. I tried Zoomba but I just am not that coordinated! But it was fun. Enjoy your new jeans.

Keep up the good work everyone!

Melissa

Good Morning!!

Kim, it didn’t go well for me, I had my fill on Monday at 7:00 p.m. and I was feeling pretty good yesterday I ate an activia for breakfast and dinner and an oatmeal for lunch, well around 2:00 a.m. today I started feeling sick, I couldn’t breathe and started PBing like crazy, I stayed up all night running to the bathroom it was hell!!! I called my Dr first thing in the morning today and ask him to take out 1cc, we met in the ER and thank God that was over!!!

I’m now again at 2cc and still on a 3 day liquid diet, starting again today.

Next Tuesday I’m going to the Nutritionist for the first time and I’m going to start taking some Vitamins.

Kim, I can’t wait to be in the 16s again!! You must feel awesome!!!

Linda, Congrats on your weight loss!! And take a lot of pictures I have always wanted to go to Disney :) have fun!!!

I've been through that, now I only get a small fill never more than 1cc at a time. It's the worse feeling in the world. Glad you're better

Lucy...sorry to hear of your issue w/ that fill. That's where I was at the very beginning...MISERABLE and yes, it was hell. I begged God to just kill me and get it over with. ha... thankfully He didn't have to go there! LOL

So, since I'd had some removed then we've been SLOWLY putting it back in. I have no idea what the actual amt is at this point, but it works okay I guess. I still think I eat too much, and my sweet tooth has been a KILLER this week. OMGoodness, I cannot eat enough sweet stuff. BAD BAD BAD.

I also do have sticking issues regularly...there doesn't seem to be anything other than just eating too fast and not chewing enough...I 'think' I'm doing all right, then it hits me and I make tracks to the nearest bathroom and stand over the stool till I either get it out or it goes down. Ugh. Not fun.

Linda...your trip will be awesome. And you'll feel so good - about yourself, for starters, and just losing what you have will go a long way in your stamina and overall energy! YIPPEE! We're rootin' for ya!

Melissa...I'm not "good" at Zumba, but I have decided that I am thankful that I at least have a decent sense of rhythm...some of those poor girls, well, I'm pretty sure they could not clap on-beat, so you can imagine their efforts at keeping up with the wild rhythms of the music. Last night there was a young girl to my left; I thought a couple times she was going to plow right over me! LOL She never did really catch on, and after a while, left. I felt bad for her, but I was able to relax a little bit with her gone. Its a full house on Tuesday nights, so there was no where for me to go to get away from her. Oh well.

I met a nice gal who'd like to chum-up to try some new classes...like Pilates and Yoga. OH BOY... "Mat" things scare me...I have NO "core" strength at all, and I just hate pain, and sweating. But I'm willing to try. I know I really need to stretch more and work on my "Middle" - which is where I wear all my flub. (I'd love to, someday, get it sucked and tucked!)...anyway, we may give it a go next week or week following Th'giving. We'll see. She seems enthused, so I'll go along. I have nothing to lose but my pride, right?? haha

Going to KCMO tomorrow to spend the weekend w/ my daughter, who's turning 25 on Saturday! My husband and I are going, leaving our boys (8 and 12) with a 'nanny' (a college girl they love!)...so I'll be with my folks and my girl, and my brother and his fam and other dear friends. I look forward to it. food should not be an issue there anymore than here. CHOICES CHOICES CHOICES. Always choices.

Thumbs Up everyone, on progress. Stay focused - get your tail-feathers moving and take it easy. BTW, Linda, have you done much w/ the Leslie Sansone DVDs?? I'm going to try the Zumba for Wii, and the "Just Dance"...might be fun!

Gotta run...laundry, packing and getting the boys situated for me to be gone.

Best!

Kim

Hello!!

I was reading some post here in the site, and I found a post with this book, it's really interesting, I've been losing weight by only counting calories, and this is very explanatory ;)

It only took me a couple of hours to read it, so you'll do better than me lol

Hope that everyone is Ok :)

Lucía

The Last 30 Pounds.pdf

Wow...long time no hear!! WHERE ARE YOU???

Its a busy time for all of us, I know...

Happy to report that I FINALLY have seen the UNDER 200 mark!! YIPPEE!!! I got on the scale this morning, sans clothes (of course!!) and am at 199.4

OH.MY.WORD. I have not seen that number in...well, I don't know when. Probably about 15 years ago I was in the 180-190 range. I was wearing a comfortable 16 (without the "W"!!)...

My most successful WW effort got me to 200, but it never went below that! SO, this is a big deal for me. And, I know that without the band, I would start to feel comfortable about where I am and would just let it all go... thankfully I have this little Friend who keeps me on the path.

I've had some of those SUGAR CRAZY days lately...yesterday, in fact, I stood at the kitchen counter, warmed up some of that white candy coating and just stood there and dipped pretzels into it and shoveled them...I felt a little sick when I finally came-to LOL, but still, I know I got down quite a bit. Ugh. NOT TODAY, tho!

How are you all doing? How did Thanksgiving go?? We were quiet here, just 5 of us...missing my oldest DD25 who is in MO with my parents...so she was all safe and snug, so it was just the DH and my two boys and DD22. Nice day. Delicious meal, and I really did not over-do it.

How've you been about keeping JUNK around the house?? LIke me and these candy-coated pretzels, or chocolate cover peanuts...ugh. NOT GOOD.

But, progress, right???

I hope to hear from you all...been thinkin' aboutcha!

Have a happy Wednesday!

Kim

Hello out there!! I haven't been here for a while been very busy since I got back from Disney. Work has been stressful and I've seriously considered quitting and going back to substituting at the high school but just going to see how it goes through the end of the year. Hoping things will get better. I've been here for 11 years and the thought of leaving for something less scares me to death

I gained a 1 1/2 pounds on my trip and to be honest really haven't got it off yet. Once again I feel stuck but with the holidays I'm struggling, at least I'm not gaining right!

Just wanted to give a shout out and tell you all I hope each of you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. My birthday is right in the middle of it all so another challenge.

We all are in our 6 months post op. How have you done? I lost 31 lbs at my 4 months check up and gained 2 lb at my 6 month check up. I let the holday treats take over and I gained the weight. I had a fill on Friday and lost the 2 lbs plus 1. So I am pretty happy about that. This last fill was 1cc, I don't normally get a full cc, but this time I can really feel the restriction without getting sick. I think I am starting to find my sweet spot and I can look forward to the number on the scale going down again.

I've been thinking about all of you...wondering how its going?? Thanks, Keke, for nudging us! Its a slow process for me...no gains, thankfully, but SLOW losses...I am at the 30lb mark and its a place I've been before, with WW, and can't seem to get past it.

Got a fill on Monday, so hopefully that'll push me down the road. My goal is 30 more by summer and I will be in a happy place!

We were on a cruise 12-17, didn't gain. food was just so-so, so not too many big issues there. Did have some trouble with food getting stuck, and that kept me from getting carried away, too. However, I have a TERRIBLE sweet-tooth...what I don't take in in volume I can sure make up for with calories!!

Still, its the best decision I've ever made for ME....would love to hear updates on everyone!!

Kim

It's seems slow for me also, I'm still right at 37 pounds down but got a fill last week and really can tell this time almost to much. I have to be very careful about eating to fast (my biggest problem) maybe this will get me back into the swing of this.

Glad to hear you guys are doing well

Its funny that it usually takes a couple days for my fill to actually "feel" like its working!! But I know just what you mean about eating too fast...that's the culprit for me, too!

I'll be so tickled to be down 37 lbs!! Keep thinking, I CAN DO THIS I CAN DO THIS! Just quit eating all those carbs and sweets and it'll happen!

I have a friend who is likely going this route, too, in the spring. She's battled it like the rest of us...I told her its the best thing I've ever done!

So, lets take it SLOW, right??? And chew chew chew!!

Re-reading my post, it sounds like I was telling YOU to quit eating those sweets...NO!!! I was telling MYSELF to quit eating those sweets and carbs!! Sorry about that....it didn't come out at all like I was thinking it!! Duh!!...

Sweets are a problem for me sometimes and I have to be careful about it too.

Hello ladies!!! I've miss you all, I thought I was the only here.

I ate too much during the holidays and now I’m stuck at 55 lbs. I’m not stressing about it because I feel pretty good about how I look right now, but I’ll like to drop another 10 lb by March, my BF is getting married so I need to look nice, or at least not be the biggest girl in a dress LOL

We all should share before/after pictures of this 6 months, to see how long we have come, just an idea.

I hope you have a great year!!!

Hi everyone, hope all is well! I'm pretty happy with progress, down 76 lbs, but it is sure coming to a hault, very slow now, but I didn't expect this to keep up for this long anyway. I keep getting tiny fills close to a monthly schedule, how are you guys going about this, do you get larger fills? My first 2 year fills were covered in my total surgery payment, so I have flexibility with going so often, but I would probably do larger fills if I was paying each time.