Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

R U a NASCAR Fan...Let's Talk!

Smoke is enough man for 2 to share, but I do think I had him first. :confused: HA

Karen ~ You long lost soul. Good to see you back!! :clap2: I have NEVER heard Jr booed (the spelling check says this is correct, it doesn't look right :) ) like that in my life. Carl was WAY out of line going after him on the track with his hand out the window and for going into victory lane. I like Carl, but I think the real guy has yet to be seen. Looking at the replay, Carl bobbled and Jr could have checked-up, but that would have caused a wreck with Robbie. Jr made the right choice as far as I'm concerned. Hey, don't be a stranger. How's the band treating you. Hope we don't get scolded by the LBT police for getting OT here. :rolleyes

Hope we don't get scolded by the LBT police for getting OT here. :rolleyes

:D :D

This is the POLICE, take your hands off the keyboard and step away from the computer, you are under arrest for hijacking this thread. You have the right to remain silent....

Hee Hee, couldn't resist!! :nervous

Now can we all just get :focus: ???

DOWN with Crybaby Stewart, Gordon RULZ!!! JEFF Gordon that is....:paranoid Ok, now that I'm going to be mobbed by the Stewart fans, I best get my butt outta here!! :eek:

Have a great day y'all!!!

Missy ~ You just gave me the best laugh I've had all day. THANKS!! Now, who was that Jeff guy? Has he been driving long? :mad:

You should show yourself on here more often. I love your sense of humor. Gordon & his crew have really come back from the, the, the, whatever you want to call it. Anyway, they are secure for the chase this year. My mom was getting a little worried a couple of months ago. That woman has dreams about Jeff Gordon. How sick is that? Her computer becomes her new entertainment after Thanksgiving. That is until all the grand kids invade her house. We still hear about "my Jeffy". She has Jeff Gordon doll for the boys to play with. OH....here's a story for you.....Danny thought it was Superman b/c they also have a superman with similar colors. Danny handed the Gordon doll to grandma and said Gordon is stinky!! Boy, did I get an earful. I didn't hear the actual event, but I laughed my butt off. I swear to this day that child did NOT learn that in this home.

I'm rambling now and need to log off and get to bed. Thanks for listening to my ramblings and hope you post more about Gordon.

Well.. I gotta defend my man Junior here.. Don't get me wrong, I think Carl has the best attitude and is just really grateful for being where he is, but I also think he is just really frustrated this year, his performance hasn't added up to last year. Probably just a sophmore slump, and some bad luck! He shouldn't have done the retaliation thing, that was wrong. I think Junior was in a no-win situation. We all know that he goes out of his way not to wreck folks and if he ever does screw up he bends over backwards apologizing (probably trying to not be lumped in to the "just like his old man" category).... Carl was loose, but had stablized, don't know if Junior could have back off more or not without wrecking them all....

Also, the booing at Bristol as explained by the folks on TV and a few folks that I know who were there was that Junior was in the truck ahead of Carl. When Junior went by... cheers, then the cheers turned to boos...

I like them both, and am sure they have worked it out. After all, had it been Smoke instead of Juniot we know it would have been intentional! Wink* Wink* 3loves and Dody! Just kiddin, you know he's my number 2 man!

Later Nascar Friends!

Let's go Kim. :boxing: Put up your dukes. :biggrin1: Glad to hear the real story on the boos. It just seemed unbelievable Jr would get treated in that manner.

Do you remember Smoke actually doing the same thing to Carl a few weeks ago? It wasn't for a win, but Carl checked-up or something and Smoke got in the back of him.

I agree with you. Carl is frustrated this year. Man oh man, it should be fun in CA this week. That's where we are right?

Does anyone get ticked at the way ABC misses the wrecks and all the good action? I don't think they do as good of job as Fox. What do you all think?

Missy ~ You just gave me the best laugh I've had all day. THANKS!! Now, who was that Jeff guy? Has he been driving long? :D

You should show yourself on here more often. I love your sense of humor. Gordon & his crew have really come back from the, the, the, whatever you want to call it. Anyway, they are secure for the chase this year. My mom was getting a little worried a couple of months ago. That woman has dreams about Jeff Gordon. How sick is that? Her computer becomes her new entertainment after Thanksgiving. That is until all the grand kids invade her house. We still hear about "my Jeffy". She has Jeff Gordon doll for the boys to play with. OH....here's a story for you.....Danny thought it was Superman b/c they also have a superman with similar colors. Danny handed the Gordon doll to grandma and said Gordon is stinky!! Boy, did I get an earful. I didn't hear the actual event, but I laughed my butt off. I swear to this day that child did NOT learn that in this home.

I'm rambling now and need to log off and get to bed. Thanks for listening to my ramblings and hope you post more about Gordon.

That Jeff guy drives MIDGET cars doesn't he????

Actually it was Carl Edwards that got booed, not Jr.

Stewart is NOT a crybaby and anyone that say so has to deal with 3 Loves and I, and if he ever becomes one I have one great shoulder he can cry on any time he so desires.

3 Loves...you are married. You can NOT..understand can NOT have dibs on SMOKE. Who says you had him first? I wonder if he and the guys he lives with in his old home need a housekeeper. I know one that would be interested :P

Anyone know why a lot of the races are on Saturdays now instead of Sunday?

Go Tony! and/or Dale Jr.! :clap2:

That Jeff guy drives MIDGET cars doesn't he????

Hmmmm.........I've been trying and trying to think of a clever comeback, but I just can't come up with one!!! :noidea:

I am at a loss......:speechles I think my brain is fried. But I'm going to keep thinking!! LOL

But for now I am just going to pretend I didn't hear you!! :lalala:

It's fun playing with the little smilies!!

Is it Friday yet??? :nervous

BTW, my sister lives in Memphis TN. I spent a whole summer there when I was 16, and I must say the humidity is INSANE!! So when we visit we try to go in the fall, spring or winter!!

I'm sure Gordon drives "midget" care...LOL.

The humidity here is terrible and something I'm not used to being. Being from Idaho where we don't have this kind of humidity it is stiffling to say the least. I really don't know if I could take this humidity all the time to be honest...it truly is horrible.

Hello NASCAR fans. I am the DH of 3Loves. She has asked me to keep up on this thread during her absence. Go #20.

Congratulations to DeAnn and others. Kasey won the Bush race tonight. :clap2: Looks like Tony had a rough qualifying run and is starting 22nd. It's a late race since it's in CA. Should be interesting with all the guys so close in points. I bet we may see here what Bristol should have been last week.

Whew! So Glad to see Dale Jr. got a little pad in the points after Sunday's race in Cali! He's in sixth place! Now he's gotta get past Richmond... Congrats to all you Kasey Fans (including me)!

Thanks for keeping us in contact with Michelle, Paladin! Tony was quiet again this week! What's the deal? Did you guys see where he flipped the sprint car mid-week?!

On to Richmond... Go Dale Jr. & Tony!

We were so happy to see Kasey win again. My DW drools over him and those eyes. Proud of Jr too. I think he's finally found the rhythm he needs for the chase.

As far as Smoke is concerned, I think Zippy is letting him down. This is 2 wks in a row he hasn't given Smoke a decent car to work with. He has really struggled.

My MIL says the same thing about Gordon. At least the crew let him down. Can't believe they made a mistake of a loose lug nut. Unacceptable. That guy should be replaced. Gordon thanked his crew for a good job, but that was just suck-up b/c they let him down for sure. Gordon was on target to win that race.

Things should heat up next week in Richmond. Don't you all love night races? They're a favorite at our home. Just noticed that Kasey won this race last year.

GO SMOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did anyone see this poll on NASCAR.com? I find it hard to believe that so many people think Kasey won't make the chase. If for one, think he will.

Will Kasey Kahne make the Chase for the Nextel Cup?

Yes, he's on a rollpixel.gif1737953%No, it's too little too latepixel.gif1518447%TOTAL32563 Votes

After seeing this thread get larger and larger, I was inspired to see “Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby”.

The movie taught me so much about NASCAR racing. It made me really proud to be an American and to have this truly American sport to watch.

I learned about the religious practices of the people in the Red States where NASCAR racing is king. I appreciated most my new understanding of the methods of saying “Grace” before meals.

The movie gave me new insights into family values. I was educated in to the true sharing of friends and family, and the how respect for elders was taught to and shown by children.

Now I know why NASCAR racing is so dear to the hearts of many of the LBT members.