Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

R U a NASCAR Fan...Let's Talk!

Gordon got in by pure luck, it certainly was not due to their performance. It was a crazy night, nothing like I expected. I really was shocked when Tony didn't get it. Even JR. was questionable when they had to shut off the rear brakes, didn't know if they could last.

If Gordon doesn't win the championship, which he won't if he keeps this up, my first pick is for Martin, he soo deserves it. Second pick is for Kasey Kahne, also because I really like Ray Evernham, he is a huge part of Jeff Gordon's early success.

I haven't posted on here in a long time, and I'm still recovering from my guy Tony not making the chase. Two time reigning champ and he comes in 11th. He said after the race he couldn't have done any better with the original car he crashed in practice, so that tells me there was something wrong with that car too....Stewart just doesn't crash in practice. He doesn't really care where he qualifies. He knows he has the talent to march up through the field from anywhere (kind of reminds me of Earnhardt Sr. in that regard).

Zippy gave Tony 4 lousy cars in a row...shame on him.

By the way, Tony is in that commercial where they are toasting with champagne and pour it over their heads.

Maybe next yr. Tony...meanwhile I treasure all your T shirts and will continue wearing them. I just got a new one from QVC today.

Sentimentally, I have to pull for Mark Martin. Martin and Earnhardt Jr. are probably my second favorite drivers. I'd like to see the "old man" go out in style.

Welcome tomorrowsdream. It's always nice to have Tony fans around here. You are right, Zippy has been giving Tony bad cars over the past few weeks. That is not the reason he didn't make the chase, like Tony said himself, it took them 26 wks to get to this point, but it definitely was a contributing factor. We will still pull for SMOKE at all the races. It would be nice to see Martin take the championship at the end.

Missy, on a different note, why does Gordon always seem to go backwards after they work on his car? My MIL complains about that all the time. When the work on his car during a race, it seems to get worse. Maybe things will get better over the next few races. I hope so b/c my MIL will drive me crazy if it doesn't improve. She keeps our phone hot during the race.

Well....I'm liking how the Chase is shaking out so far... with Jimmy Johnson and Kyle Busch having problems! Not so great for Dale Jr. I have a feeling he won't even be in the top five in the end, but I hope not! GOOOOOO HARVICK!!

Did you see this poll on NASCAR.com? It should be an interesting weekend.

Which driver, more than 100 points behind, is most likely to make a run at the Chase title? D. Earnhardt Jr. (-102)J. Johnson (-136)K. Kahne (-182)Kyle Busch (-224)

D. Earnhardt Jr. (-102)pixel.gif1488547%J. Johnson (-136)pixel.gif1166237%K. Kahne (-182)pixel.gif483315%Kyle Busch (-224)pixel.gif4201%TOTAL31800 Votes

How about that Tony Stewart? Running out of gas and STILL winning the race!! I will have to call my MIL and rub it in. :)

post-208037-13813134458738_thumb.jpg

post-208113-13813134178025_thumb.jpg

Paladin- I thought you and 3loves might be thrilled with that. Dale Jr. is still just medicore in the chase. He hasn't been able to take advantage of a lot of the other Chasers' bad luck. I think its gonna come down to Burton, Mark Martin and Harvick, any of them would be fine with me! Go Tony!! Go Dale Jr! IT'S TIME FOR TALLADEGA!!! Dale Jr, the Hendricks guys, and Harvick should be tough to beat there! Just hope Jr. is not cuaght up in "the big one", if it happens! Later NASCAR fans! Welcom to the thread Donna, I love your taste in Drivers!

Did you all hear that Mark Martin is driving the 01 car next year for like 22 races? WTF? I think the pres of Roush Racing pissed him off. He was supposed to drive trucks and now he isn't doing that either. Apparently Mark asked to drive 'part time" in Nascar and the prez told him they don't have time for "part time drivers". What a jerk! Texas is coming up in like 3 weeks! I am getting excited!

OKay.... needless to say that after Talladega today, Brian Vickers is on my permenant SH** List. I was proud of the class that Dale Jr. and Tony Eury Jr. showed when they interviewed them just after the wreck. I, however was PISSED...haven't cussed so much in a while. Oh, well no one got hurt (I am scared to death of the Superspeedways after the deaths of Neil Bonnet, Dale Sr., and others). Anyway, Dale Jr. moved up a spot in the points! Yep Karen, I was suprised with Mark Martin's decision, something definietly going on there. ON TO CHARLOTTE!

I am a huge Dale Jr fan and was on the edge of my seat thinking he is finally gonna win a race and at a track he loves, then whammm thanks to B Vickers my boy lost. He and Tony Jr do have a lot of class, the whole team seems to have matured this year, sorry Jr's Birthday couldnt have been better. But ya gotta love him:):girl_hug::)!!!!

Dale is right behind Tony in my book. He's always willing to admit when he makes a mistake on the track. I really respect for him that.

How about that win last Sunday? GO SMOKE!! He had an easier climb up the fence this time b/c he's lost some weight. I guess he got a personal trainer.

Anyone going to the Texas race tomorrow?

Congrats to Tony on his Texas win! Smoke was SMOKIN'! His car was AWESOME all day long! I was sooo glad that Jimmy Johnson didn't win.. Too bad for Kasey Kayne, his car was really good too until his motor let go. How about Dale Jr.? Smacking the wall, having the flu and still coming back to 6th place... AWESOME! He's definitely got his old man's fortitude. He's still in the Chase, but running out of time and races. PLEASE, OH PLEASE LET ANYONE BUT JIMMY JOHNSON WIN THE CHASE!!! (Sorry Hendrick's fans). Poor Jeff Burton, man I thought he had this thing won, and now the only luck he has is bad, bad, bad... same for Mark Martin. Until later Nascar fans!!

Did you all see.....FORT WORTH, Texas (Nov. 5) - An unidentified crewman for Scott Riggs' team knocked driver Kevin Harvick, his wife and a NASCAR official to the ground on pit road minutes after the Dickies 500 at Texas Motor Speedway on Sunday.It was apparently in retaliation for an incident late in the race.

Harvick was close behind Riggs when the latter crashed while running third on lap 332 of the 339-race event. It appeared Harvick's car took the air off the rear deck of Riggs' car and Riggs was unable to maintain control.

Jan McCormick Jr., a public relations representative for Harvick, said Kevin and DeLana Harvick were walking to the infield media center for a postrace interview when two Riggs crewmen made several comments to them.

"They were just talking a little smack, which is normal, and then one of them came up and gave Kevin a push in the back," McCormick said. "Kevin fell into DeLana and she fell into a NASCAR official and all three of them fell to the ground."

He said the men ran away but Mike Dillon, competitive director for Richard Childress Racing, which fields Harvick's car, went after them and took the man who pushed Harvick to the NASCAR hauler.

The Harvicks were not injured, but the NASCAR official, identified as John Sacco, was taken to the infield medical center with what was reported to be a sprained ankle.

"Those guys decided they wanted to take matters into their own hands and trip my wife in front of their pit box," Harvick said. "That's a little bit unnecessary, so we're not too happy about that."

Congrats to Tony on his Texas win! Smoke was SMOKIN'! His car was AWESOME all day long! I was sooo glad that Jimmy Johnson didn't win.. Too bad for Kasey Kayne, his car was really good too until his motor let go. How about Dale Jr.? Smacking the wall, having the flu and still coming back to 6th place... AWESOME! He's definitely got his old man's fortitude. He's still in the Chase, but running out of time and races. PLEASE, OH PLEASE LET ANYONE BUT JIMMY JOHNSON WIN THE CHASE!!! (Sorry Hendrick's fans). Poor Jeff Burton, man I thought he had this thing won, and now the only luck he has is bad, bad, bad... same for Mark Martin. Until later Nascar fans!!

I couldn't agree with you more about JJ!!! My poor Kasey, he couldn't buy any luck with a black American Express! Tell me that's not a cute face on that kid! I can't believe it's almost over....