Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

R U a NASCAR Fan...Let's Talk!

:nervous Okay TOM, I'll take you at your word! You gotta remember, us NASCAR fans are a fiery group (well, I am anyway!!) I love NASCAR and will defend it til death(upon PERCEIVED provocation), okay ,maybe not til death..... He he! :yield:So are you gonna watch the race at Richmond or not? Come on, give it a try! I guarantee you wil get hooked! It's gotta be more interesting than watching tomatos or pot grow! COME ON!

Oh.. and Jesus first, family, friends, myself in there somewhere... NASCAR is pretty far up there! I gotta say, George W. is pretty far down on my list.... Though he did attend a NASCAR race last year and Cheney was at Daytona this year (they were slightly redemmed in those instances)! :usa:

Oh, and the CAR of course! I don't see my man Junior winning on a Schwinn! Their isn't much the driver can do if the car totally sucks!

Man, I'm kinda obnoxious today... off to lunch! Maybe hunger brings out the worst in me!

Later NASCAR fans!

Missy - I hope those people that voted that Junior won't make it aren't psychic! He He! It would really stink for him to not make it,again!

It really sucked that they left Jeff's lugnuts loose, I think it would have been a great race between him and Kasey!

I voted for Tony in the poll, I would LOVE to see him miss the chase!!! (Sorry Tony fans):o

Junior didn't make it last year?? Gordon didn't make it last year. My husband said that he needs to finish 25 or better to make it this year. HE BETTER do it!!

I didn't watch the race last weekend, we were out of town, so we missed the lugnut fiasco. I'll give it up for Kasey, he is so dreamy **swoon**

I would also like to see Jr in the chase, he is on my "Like 'em" list, along with Martin, Kahne, Johnson, and probably a few others I can't think of now. Tony is on my "Hate 'em" list, Gordon is my "Love 'em" list.

OK, all kidding aside.

"You gotta remember, us NASCAR fans are a fiery group (well, I am anyway!!) I love NASCAR and will defend it til death(upon PERCEIVED provocation), okay ,maybe not til death."

Our culture considers this normal. People fighting for strangers that they idolize. It may be worse in other countries, were soccer fans kill each other. Here in the USA, I have seen high-school kids fight each other during and after football and basketball games. I have seen players fight each other during baseball, football, basketball, soccer and hockey games as well as NASCAR drivers try to hurt each other both with their cars during the race and with fists after the race. Worst of all, when my grandson was playing baseball last year and my son was an umpire, I watched parents being rude and downright nasty. When I took my grandson to play football at an away game, the home team fans tried to mug the visitor's fans during and after the game. We set some fine examples for our kids.

After I moved to Florida, forcibly retired from aircraft mechanic, I took a job at a "Home Depot". When "OUR DRIVER" and his car were scheduled to be in our parking lot, I stayed 10 minutes after work to examine the car closeup, but left about 30 minutes before "HE" showed up. The next day, I was challenged in the break-room for being unpatriotic because it had been announced that any of us who stayed late would be able to talk to "HIM". I only worship one man and his name is Jesus Christ. Guys had to pulled away from attacking me. Mighty brave of those 20 and 22 year old men to attack a man as old as their grandfather.

I do not like watching auto-racing on TV. It is BORING. I had 5 NHRA racing trophies with my 1966 442. Drag racing was fun back then. I even raced in the Summer Nationals at National Raceway in Long Island. But then big money took over and it was next to impossible for real people to go against the company sponsored cars. My club of 7 privately owned cars used to win 3 or 4 trophies each week. One day, one of my club members blew his clutch on his 65 283 Chevy ll, after the final time trials and with nothing but had tools and bumper jacks we had the clutch replaced before they called his class. Now you have to compete against crews with unlimited resources. I don't watch drag racing on TV either. It is boring without the real feel of the track and the rumble and pulsating of the engines and smell of rubber. Watching a "Funny Car" jump off the line is more fun (IMHO) than watching 10 NASCAR 500's. But neither is fun on TV.

I only posted in this thread to be funny. Sorry if my sense of humor is too much to bear for some of the other posters.

Now Missy - Don't go getting on the Tony fans! He He! I gotta admit that I voted for Jeff Gordon in that poll! Sorry Sister! Glad to hear that Junior is at least on your like em' list... Yep, Kasey is definitely easy on the eyes! I think Junior has to finish in at lease 16th to be locked in.

I'm gonna try to catch some of the Busch race tonight, it should be pretty good. Anyone know when qualifying is? I think that it is this evening... Hope Junior gets a good time!

Later NASCAR fans!

OOPS, guess what....Tony hit the wall in practice. Luckily he is alright, but he has to go to a back up car and I guess that means he has to start in the back of the pack. Too bad, so sad...

YOU VOTED for GORDON?!? why you little @#%&$@....!! j/k

TOM: Your sense of humor is not lost on me, I think you are funny and I enjoy your sarcasm, I have been known to be really sarcastic myself. My husband hates it, it is my defense mechanism when we fight, er... I mean, have discussion.

But for the record, I DO NOT IDOLIZE OR WORSHIP ANYBODY OTHER THAN MY SAVIOR JESUS CHRIST. I just happen to find NASCAR entertaining and have picked a few particular people I find most endearing. I also enjoy my home town's high school football and basketball. I agree that people definately do get soo out of hand during competition, it saddens me when people take fun family passtimes and turn them into something ugly.

Missy - I hadn't heard that Tony hit the wall! Looks like he will be coming from the back! That's gonna make the Race even more interesting.

Paladin - Are you and 3loves totally bummed out about this? I am, and Tony is my number two or three man..... you think Tony is gonna get left out of the Chase? I hope not!

Missy I voted for him (uh, I didn't want him to fell left out?) Well, that was a lame excuse, wasn't it?

That is soo true about turning favorite past times into an ugly mess.. seems like I heard this week about some kind of brawl at a high school football game and adults hitting the children. Gadzooks! That is pathetic.

Hmmm....now who should I vote for on that poll? Let's see. :guess Don't tell Missy or my MIL, my vote will probably go for Gordon.

Tony will not have to start at the back of the field at this point. You only have to go to the back of the field if you use a different car than what you use for qualifying. The car he's using has won at Martinsville. Qualifying is at 6PM EST.

Jr will make the Chase. I feel confident of that. To be honest, Gordon will too this year. If Tony doesn't make it, I'm going to quit watching NASCAR and start watching my tomatoes grow. After all, it is so exciting. :o

On My honor, this will be my last post in this thread, but I forgot to post my disclaimer in some of my posts. None of my remarks was directed at anyone. Even though I quoted Kim about her fierce love of NASCAR, I was not insinuating that she was one of the troubled people who use foul language or who strike opponent's fans (or referees).

By the way, go see the “Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby” Movie. It might surprise you. It might get you angry or you might have you laughing out of your seat. You might laugh at the movie. You might laugh at yourself or You might laugh at me. You might really hate me.

By the way in my original post in this thread when I said, "If we go to the hot-house for the Tomato shoot-out, I will listen to the race on my radio in the car. Last weekend, I was in the shower and since my shower radio is always tuned to WSTU (home of Republican talk radio), I get the NASCAR races automatically. It was enthralling to hear, “car (vroom-vroom) has taken the lead, but Tony (vroom-vroom) has plenty left”. For a minute I taught it was a political show because they were discussing Bush's popularity or saying something about him being first."

I was making jest about the driver named Bush. There is a driver named Busch, isn't there. You can't tell the difference on the radio between BuSh and Busch.

I love Tom's post and find him to be very funny at times and interesting at others...but almost always sarcastic! Even if I disagree with him, I have to read it because it makes me laugh. I doubt he came here to take pop shots at Nascar and for whatever reason that he showed up, I was rolling! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Nascar, but I don't have as much time to watch as I would like to. It is kind of like a celebrity roast....they say things that could be considered not very tasteful, but it is all in fun and we get a good laugh. Tom reminds me of that. Okay, just my two cents worth...Now back to a thesis, anyone want to help? It's on conformity and should be good. LOL

EEEK! Dale Jr. qualified 33rd! This is NOT good! Man I wish I could watch that race tonight instead of listening.. Everyone please do a rain dain starting at about 4:00 PM EST and ending around 7:00 PM EST in the North Georgia area. Thats the only thing that will get me out of going to the dirt track with my brother.(Please note, that I usually enjoy going and never want to miss watching my brother, but this is and EXTREME circumstance). He He!

Go Dale Jr! Go Tony! Okay, for you Missy.... Go Jeff Gordon!

Paladin - Just looked up the starting grid... Tony is 40th. What happened there? I missed qualifying last night, but did catch the last half of the Busch race (wreck-fest).

TOM - Yep there are brothers, Kurt and Kyle Busch and the series below the Nextel Cup Series is the Busch Series.

It's all good TOM. Keep posting!

Okay people, I gotta go... I've delayed my Saturday morning work-out as long as possible. Off to sweat!

Tony was way tight during qualifying. Glad Jr will be toward the back with him because it gives them the chance to team up. Missy, are you laughing right now? I bet your at least smiling. :biggrin1: It sure didn't benefit Tony to qualify did it?

Will do a rain dance for you Kim. This race is a biggy for sure. Did you see Jr on Trackside? We are huge OSU fans as well and they are playing the Longhorns. #1 and #2 ranked teams. Of course, OSU is #1. We will be using our Tivo for the football game for sure. The race comes first though. :biggrin1:

GO SMOKE!!

To All Tony Fans: I am very sorry about him not making the chase. My man Carl didn't either. Looks like we root for Mark or Kasey!

Talk about a stressful night!! 3Loves was sweating and trying to keep the boys quiet. It is really sad that Smoke won't be in the chase. 3Loves wanted to give him a hug after his interview. He looked like his puppy died. The only thing left to do is pick yourself up and move on. Tony was given crappy cars the past few weeks and I hold Zippy responsible for the last few races with the exception of this race with the back-up car. There is only so much a driver can do with such cars. He worked hard, but the name of the game is points and he didn't have enough. I hope he stays out of more Busch races next year to avoid accidents that cause problems in the Nextel cup. He is always strong toward the end of the season and something is up with the way he's been racing the past few weeks. I wonder if we're going to hear more about that later.

Now I have a few drivers I can pull for like Denny Hamlin since he's a Gibb's boy. I would just LOVE to see Martin take it this year. Kasey sure has a shot and would have me cheering in his corner. I also like old Smiling Happy Harvick. He's just a good old boy that's full of fun. Oh, we'll see what develops this week.

BTW, OSU kicked butt in Texas. YEAH!! They branded buckeyes on those longhorn cattle butts!! I kept switching to the game during a caution and it was difficult to follow.