Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

R U a NASCAR Fan...Let's Talk!

Wow! I was planning on running an errand in the middle of the race but stayed glued to the tv the whole time. ( well except for my normal 20 min nap- I do wake up if they start shouting when something goes wrong) As disappointed as I was when Tony got taken out i was even more disappointed when Martin lost by a nose. We were actually standing and yelling at the TV!

I have never been to a race in person at the NASCAR tracks- go to the local ones occasionally.DH has been and says we need to go that i would love it. Probably would but where would I take my mid race nap??!!

DH is a big fan of Mark Martin and was quite disapointed when he didn't take the win yesterday at Daytona. That will probably be his last chance. I think Kevin Harvick should have let him take it, Keven has plenty of years ahead of him to win.

DAMN THAT NASCAR!!!! Why didn't they throw the yellow, then Martin would have won! Oh, that was sooo heartbreaking, it was beyond words. :think

But what an exciting finish, I do like Harvick so I don't want to take anything away from him. Oh well.....

My man didn't do anything to speak of, I'm not surprised. :straight

Oh, can you say.....DEAD LAST!?!?!? Gotta give you Tony fans some crap! :heh:

It's gonna be a helluva year!!! :clap2:

Hey Missy, how's the view from the pole? The downside of it is that no one has won from the pole. I guess there's always a chance to change it.

BTW, the last time Tony came in last at Daytona, he went on the win the championship. Look out, it's going to be a good year for him.

Northernsun ~ You should really go to a race. It is awesome to feel the cars roar by. You can feel it in your bones. There's nothing like it.

maudeispam ~ Did you ever name your entertainment area? I think it was you looking for a name ideas awhile back. Poor Mark.....I hope he has a good year. We think very highly of him.

We will go to a race sometime but till then we do sometimes go to the small tracks in our area. To feel the "rumble" try the Car Craft or Back to the 50's car shows. Our whole state fair grounds are full of classic or muscle cars and the cruising makes the ground shake. Aw, the sweet smell of testosterone in the air.........

Another great race yesterday! I am kind of impressed with Jeff Burton this year. What is wrong with the engine dept at DEI?

A Toyata in the top 10! Guess you have to give them some credit but I still don't like it!

Anyone else playing the streak game on NASCAR.com? I had Kurt Bush yesterday and at the end he finally hit the top 10.

BTW, the last time Tony came in last at Daytona, he went on the win the championship. Look out, it's going to be a good year for him.

Well, we can't let that happen this year!!

Looks like Tony needs to slow down in the pits, if he hadn't made that mistake he probably would've won. There is something about Kenseth I just don't like but I can't put my finger on it....

Missy ~ I sure have missed you. You make this thread fun by adding the Gordon factor. Regarding Matt.....hmmm, maybe it's the probation issue from last year. :guess I love seeing that tape and the look on Matt's face.

I have wondered if someone at DEI is purposely sabotaging the team b/c of the events that occurred b4 the season started. There is no reason for DEI to NOT be out front at a plate race. It's just unheard of.

What's the streak game? Personally, I do NOT like the new NASCAR.com website. It takes too long to get the current/most recent news. I contacted them and it took me over 15 min to just find the addy to send my complaint. I now use Foxsports.com.

I don't care for the new web site either. It is too "busy" and hard to look at. It is like they tried to fit way too much info on the front page. The streak game is you pick a driver to finish in the top 10 each week - picking a new driver each week and not repeating. You get the points your driver would get for placing and the one with the longest winning streak and /or most points . I just did it for fun but missed puttting in my name for daytona other wise i would have been 3 for 3. thanks for info- will try Foxsports.com

Any Montoya fans out there? It should be interesting to see if this thing with Smoke turns into a rivalry. Seems like the normal learning curve for the rookies coming into the cup series. They think they're hot stuff then mess with the wrong guy. Lessons are learned very quickly in NASCAR.

I to am a NASCAR fan. I TIVO everything from qualifying to victory lane. My whole family knows not to mess with me fri-sun. I gave birth to my youngest daughter on a sunday and was watching the race while I was pushig her out. The Dr. tried to turn it off but my husband warned him not to.Dale Earnhardt was my fave but after he passed I moved on to Jr. and Smoke.

Where are you Missy? Your man is on the pole. Don't you just love these night races?

Robin ~ You are too funny. I've never heard of someone giving birth with the race on TV. Hey, it shows the dedication of the true NASCAR fan. Best fans in the world.