Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

I can also feel my port.

had my lad done 12-3-09 had my first fill on 1-16 but not on the first try, after being stuck 6 times, and could not find the middle of my port I was done, and told him to stop.

Two days later I went to the hospital to have it done under x-ray, then after 3 more times he got it in.

Don't know if I want to do this again, but have a date of 2-17 for my 2 fill, hope this one goes in easy for him.

The Doc. is new at this, and I an his first, so I am his Ginny Pig you can say.

It was the same for me! He poked a few times and couldn't find it at first. Then he finally got it... Im not going to lie I almost passed out ha. I only got 2cc but hopefully I can make time soon to go back for another.. if I have the guts. We didn't use the fluro at all either. Hope it goes well next time!

-Monique

It was the same for me! He poked a few times and couldn't find it at first. Then he finally got it... Im not going to lie I almost passed out ha. I only got 2cc but hopefully I can make time soon to go back for another.. if I have the guts. We didn't use the fluro at all either. Hope it goes well next time!

-Monique

They had trouble finding mine too and I thought I was going to be the only one who complained about it. It wasn't horrible, but enough to make me not want to do it again. The nurse said the next time would be much easier because my scar tissue would be better then. Let's keep our fingers crossed!:smile2:

I can also feel my port.

had my lad done 12-3-09 had my first fill on 1-16 but not on the first try, after being stuck 6 times, and could not find the middle of my port I was done, and told him to stop.

Two days later I went to the hospital to have it done under x-ray, then after 3 more times he got it in.

Don't know if I want to do this again, but have a date of 2-17 for my 2 fill, hope this one goes in easy for him.

Poor you!!!! You're brave.

Well, it seems we all had similar experiences on the first fill. My Dr. did it under floro, but didn't use it to locate the port so, he missed the first time and got it the second. He used the floro to ensure I got the best tightening and that didn't work either. I am still not very restricted and now will have to schedule a second fill.

I guess this is where the lapband patients don't do as well as Gastric bypass as we have to go through a few fills to get the right restriction, so we don't lose the weight as fast as they do.

We have to keep with it, so, Good luck to all and keep being persistent!

Anthony

2 1/2 years to get insurance approval!

Surgery 12/3/09

weight.png

Edited by tmaiello
Adding ticker

NSV Alert:

I went from size 24 jeans to size 20! I went shopping yesterday for some jeans and new underwear. I was actually wearing my old 26s that were literally falling off me as my 24s were still in the dryer (they didn't get dried in time before leaving). I went to Dress Barn, pulled a size 22, thinking that that is what I'd fit into. They were too big!

So I had my friend get me a size 20 and they fit! I'm so stoked! I bought two pair, as I just couldn't pass up the ones with the rhinestones down the outside seams and on the back pockets. I posted a picture of them on my blog.

I got 3ccs in my 10cc band and my doctor thought I might be too tight. He also put me back on liquids for 2 weeks, which I was really good about for the first week, but I've been pretty hungry and have had no difficulty with mushies. 3ccs wasn't too tight, but I bet you ARE feeling some restriction with 5ccs - that makes sense to me.

I do find it baffling... all the differences.

After a week with a fill I can say no restriction at all. I have been measuring food and I can easily eat what I ate before. Hopefully my 2nd fill helps.

I can also feel my port.

That's insane... My drs nurse got in on first try. If ANY dr. could not reach my port after six attempts he would not get another chance to do it for me. The dr is new at this? That's crazy... they can practice all day long on a port in their office. I would seriously consider asking for someone else to do it. Is he the only person there? It should be a very simple easy experience. Be polite but just say after the last visit I really would like someone else to do this. End of story.

NSV Alert:

I went from size 24 jeans to size 20! I went shopping yesterday for some jeans and new underwear. I was actually wearing my old 26s that were literally falling off me as my 24s were still in the dryer (they didn't get dried in time before leaving). I went to Dress Barn, pulled a size 22, thinking that that is what I'd fit into. They were too big!

So I had my friend get me a size 20 and they fit! I'm so stoked! I bought two pair, as I just couldn't pass up the ones with the rhinestones down the outside seams and on the back pockets. I posted a picture of them on my blog.

That's fantasitc! Congrats to you and enjoy the new you!!!

I wish I could ask for another Doc, he is very nice and is new at this I am his first, this is a new surgery at our hospital, and I am the first Pt. So I have no other Doc in our hospital that can do the fills but him.

He is going to another hands on class on the 16th and my next fill is the 17th,

I dont know if my port has a tilt to it, but he also does it all in his office just by hand to find the port, and stick. no light to help him.

One more try I will give him on the 17, if 6 more times, and cant get it I am out of there, and over to the hospital to get it done.

alot of stress on me, and think did I do the right thing.

we have no support group, I find it all on my own.

NSV Alert:

Congrats to you !! It is hard work, but it will give you the new look, that we are looking for. Keep working hard, and it will be given back to you. :thumbup:

I wish I could ask for another Doc, he is very nice and is new at this I am his first, this is a new surgery at our hospital, and I am the first Pt. So I have no other Doc in our hospital that can do the fills but him.

He is going to another hands on class on the 16th and my next fill is the 17th,

I dont know if my port has a tilt to it, but he also does it all in his office just by hand to find the port, and stick. no light to help him.

One more try I will give him on the 17, if 6 more times, and cant get it I am out of there, and over to the hospital to get it done.

alot of stress on me, and think did I do the right thing.

we have no support group, I find it all on my own.

I really feel for you and understand the stress you are feeling over your fills. I was lucky - my first fill was so painless, but my surgeon is very experienced. Please think of us, your fellow December Bandsters as your support group - I'm sure I speak for all of us, that we are here with sympathetic ears and kindly thoughts for you and the difficult time you are having.

I haven't posted but I am still here.

Yesterday was my one month bandversary.

I have lost 17 lbs total ( including preop) and I am able to get back into my size 18 jeans again. I took measurements and I lost at least 3 inches off my hips so I am happy.

My doc put 4cc in my 10cc band from the day of surgery so I think I already have some restriction.

I am having issues eating 3 meals only a day. I know it goes against the rules but I plan out ( and weigh and portion my meals for the day) and then I basically eat that over 5 or 6 small meals a day. It's the same calories in---not exactly snacking--- but I plan to talk to him when I go in for my first fill on Feb 9.

I am a fast healer so my scars are almost gone already and I have been exercising alot..some days I forget the band is there.

Anyone else eating mini meals a day?

I'm doing the exact same thing! I'm hungry about every couple hours, but 200 or so calories seems to satisfy me. So it works out to consuming 1000-1200 calories a day, but across 5-6 small meals. I'm not too worried about it at this point though. Weight is still coming off and I'm still staying within the calorie limit. I'll mention it to my doc at my next fill, but I'm not going to stress over it right now.

I don't think I'll ever be a 3 meal a day gal. I do the same thing. I'll have a little Greek yogart or a piece of low fat string cheese. The hardest part is between lunch and dinner for me. That's just too long to go without any food (having no restriction). Can't wait for that sweet restriction....:thumbup:

I don't think I'll be a three meals a day gal either. I eat about 3 meals and two small Protein Snacks. I'm getting bet. 800-1000 calories a day and my doctor's fine w/ that. As long as I'm not eating over 4 oz of solids at a meal, he's fine with it. I had my first fill last week and it very well. One minute he's telling me to lay down and the next he's already feeling my port and injecting me. No poking around...thank goodness. However, I must say that my restriction lasted all of about 24 hours...lol. Not complaining though, I'm still losing and looking forward to my next fill.

Best to everyone on this journey :thumbup:

Lauren