Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

I just got home from my first fill. What an interesting experience. The MD was delayed in surgery, so they asked if I minded if the NP did the fill I said no problem. I gained 1.5 lbs since my last MD appointment one week post surgery. They said they don't consider it a gain until you have at least 3 pounds. I guess 1.5 pounds really isn't that bad, but it was almost enough to not get a fill because I maintained!! I was like, yes, I maintained at 225 lbs for 6 weeks with no restriction. The point was to lose weight, not maintain at this point, can I please have a fill?? Little did I know that I would be a difficult patient!! I had two NP's try and miss, before they finally got the doc and he missed too!! I was starting to worry I had a flipped port or something. Then the doc said...I got it! Next time tell me I need the long needle!! I guess my port just sits a little deeper, or I just have that much more stomach fat :) I got 2 cc's, so we'll see how it goes! I don't go back for a second fill for 6 weeks.

I got my first fill today! It wasn't too bad. I told him about the person on here who had 7 attempts fail and went back the next day for a few more misses and that I didn't want to be like that. I must not have made him too nervouse since he got it on the first try.

I'm hoping this 3cc's will curb my hunger a little until my next fill in 4 weeks! It seems like so long to wait.

Viv, That is bizarre!!!! Unbelievable!!! I would insist on an explination of all the items on that bill. You have a right to know. No wonder the health care system is soooo screwed up!!!

Amy, You, also, tell an interesting tale with your fill today. Maintain!!! Are they nuts? Why do they think you did this for? To maintain? I think not. You keep pushin' for those fills girl. You tell um you want RESTRICTION! By the way, the Physicians' Assistants (he has two) always do my fills. I prefer them over the doctor. They are better with patient care. He does well in surgery. He is the expert in that area. And the first fill for me they hit the target right away!

I got my first fill today! It wasn't too bad. I told him about the person on here who had 7 attempts fail and went back the next day for a few more misses and that I didn't want to be like that. I must not have made him too nervouse since he got it on the first try.

I'm hoping this 3cc's will curb my hunger a little until my next fill in 4 weeks! It seems like so long to wait.

Congrats on your fill. I did not feel much from my first fill but you may. I get my second fill on Monday and am really looking forward to it. I can go every two weeks until I hit my sweet spot.

My family and I went out to dinner for the first time since my surgery. I didn't think I had much restriction, because at home, I have been using the small plates that come with your set of dishes. Anyway, I had a normal plate of food (or what used to be normal) that I could have easily eaten before the surgery. About a third of the way through, I actually thought, oh man I can't eat anymore! Hallelujah! I couldn't believe it. I apparently had been restricting myself already and just didn't realize how much smaller the amount of food I was actually consuming. I was thrilled. Maybe we have more restriction than we think?? I know my scale seems to be stuck, but my body is changing, so I am just going to hang in there and be easier on myself for a while. This thing seems to be doing its job. Hang in there everyone!

:woot: I need my jaw wired shut and smacked in the head!:) I don't know how many of you ladies can relate, but AUNT FLO is visiting (for the 2nd time in 3 weeks mind you PCOS and just started back on my BCP) and I can't stop the cravings mixed with the emotional wreck that she makes me--I just ate 2 chocolate Chocolate chip muffins (small ones). I also have not been eating good for about the last few days and to top it off we got 2 feet of snow with another 1/2 foot coming in a few days so going to the gym is out of the question right now! Someone yell at me!!! lol

:woot: I need my jaw wired shut and smacked in the head!:) I don't know how many of you ladies can relate, but AUNT FLO is visiting (for the 2nd time in 3 weeks mind you PCOS and just started back on my BCP) and I can't stop the cravings mixed with the emotional wreck that she makes me--I just ate 2 chocolate Chocolate chip muffins (small ones). I also have not been eating good for about the last few days and to top it off we got 2 feet of snow with another 1/2 foot coming in a few days so going to the gym is out of the question right now! Someone yell at me!!! lol

Look girl.. stop eating all that crap! Stop it! But most of all Stop using all these dang acronyms. Why would I know what PCOS and BCP is!!!!!! HAHA

:w00t: I need my jaw wired shut and smacked in the head!:woot: I don't know how many of you ladies can relate, but AUNT FLO is visiting (for the 2nd time in 3 weeks mind you PCOS and just started back on my BCP) and I can't stop the cravings mixed with the emotional wreck that she makes me--I just ate 2 chocolate Chocolate chip muffins (small ones). I also have not been eating good for about the last few days and to top it off we got 2 feet of snow with another 1/2 foot coming in a few days so going to the gym is out of the question right now! Someone yell at me!!! lol

I'm yelling - "DON'T BEAT YOURSELF UP!" Tomorrow is a new day, so pick yourself up, dust yourself off and start afresh. You have had a couple of bad days and now you can work on the rest of the month. As you can't get to the gym how about a snow ball fight - even if it is just aiming at the neighbor's fence! :)

I am 5 weeks post op. Had my 1st fill nothing changed could still eat anything. Had my 2nd fill on 2/2. Here's my dilemma. I am having trouble eating most stuff. I'm trying to determine the difference between being stuck and having restriction.

So, at first bite of chicken (size of dime chewed a lot) I am still getting stuck. So obviously this does not mean restriction because it's my first bite. So in my trial and error testing I found I could eat Chili. So last night I wanted to see if I ate a cup of chili would I get full. I didn't. It seemed as though I could have eaten three cups.

So, today I tried eating a piece of chicken again and each piece got stuck. So it's taking me an hour to eat a piece of chicken, but I never seem to get full. Maybe because it takes me so long to eat it or maybe because there is no restriction.

So my question is there really seems to be no restriction but everything is getting stuck. I feel like I need another fill so I can have restriction but with another fill Im not sure I could eat any real Protein. If I take the time it takes me to eat say a piece of chicken the first bite would be 1/2 digested by the time I got to the last. So I would never be full for 3-4 hours.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

My family and I went out to dinner for the first time since my surgery. I didn't think I had much restriction, because at home, I have been using the small plates that come with your set of dishes. Anyway, I had a normal plate of food (or what used to be normal) that I could have easily eaten before the surgery. About a third of the way through, I actually thought, oh man I can't eat anymore! Hallelujah! I couldn't believe it. I apparently had been restricting myself already and just didn't realize how much smaller the amount of food I was actually consuming. I was thrilled. Maybe we have more restriction than we think?? I know my scale seems to be stuck, but my body is changing, so I am just going to hang in there and be easier on myself for a while. This thing seems to be doing its job. Hang in there everyone!

Great job! Nice to hear that the band is working and as you say doing its job.

My scale is also stuck, but this morning I put a pair of pants on (not my regular old hang-around-the-house sweats) and they actually seemed baggy! I could pull them down over my hips with the button and zipper closed. I was so thrilled I did it several times (in the privacy of my bathroom)!!!!!! So, my body is changing too - I can't believe it.:)

So, today I tried eating a piece of chicken again and each piece got stuck. So it's taking me an hour to eat a piece of chicken, but I never seem to get full. Maybe because it takes me so long to eat it or maybe because there is no restriction.

So my question is there really seems to be no restriction but everything is getting stuck. I feel like I need another fill so I can have restriction but with another fill Im not sure I could eat any real Protein. If I take the time it takes me to eat say a piece of chicken the first bite would be 1/2 digested by the time I got to the last. So I would never be full for 3-4 hours.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be great!

I haven't had a problem with chicken, yet, but I read that some people do. Was it the breast? Some people only can eat the thigh, because it is moister. Try dipping your chicken into something while eatting it. I dip my chicken into Sabra's garlic roasted hummus, and it is sooooo good. If you don't like hummus there are other things you can make. Bariatriceating.com has alot of great recipes and tricks for eatting. I find it to be a very helpful site.:)

Isn't chilli a slider food? That might explain why you felt no restriction with it. When i am stuck, i am in pain. ymmv, of course. chicken is one of those things that I sometimes have a hard time with. if i have breast meat i will moisten it with something. we just made four different hummus versions yesterday!

Personally, i salted out last pm. i hadn't had anything like snack food since banding. we had hummus and veggies and a yummy tepenade with our superbowl stuff last pm. i gained 3 lbs overnight! and, no, i didn't eat that much!

How much time did you all have between the first fill and the second fill? My doc is having me wait 4 weeks, but that seems like an etertnity since I am still eating so much!

4 weeks here, too. I'm not really hungry, but I am bored. and cold. and stuck on a tall hill with far too much snow. not a good place for me!

are you eating plenty of Protein and some complex carbs? that mixture works well for me.

Six days between first fill last Tuesday and my second fill this afternoon. My doc says the first fill doesn't last long (which it hasn't) so why make you suffer needlessly?

Great scale Victory today: I'm now my driver's license weight: 250!