Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Delights 2009

@ New joy - Good for you, isn't it sweet to now see some results?

@ Dottie - doesn't that make you feel wonderful! All your hard work deserves some good hugging!

@ All - now that most of us are feeling restriction, have you changed what you are eating? I could eat anything until that last 1cc. Now I'm tight in the morning, so only have a shake for Breakfast and then not until 10:00a.m. This is weird, but the food that really makes me feel tight is yogurt!!! I would have thought that would slide on thru the band, but no.

I think that 1cc really did it for me, it is a week ago today since I had the fill and I have loss 4lbs in that week!!! Life is sweet.

Way to go Viv!!! Keep up the good work!! Isn't restriction sweet????

Mow-Congrats on just "obese". I was sooooo happy to get rid of the MORBIDLY...it sounds so morbid lol.

Viv-that is a very good response..I'm gonna steal it if you don't mind.

Tracy-Congrats!!!!

IL-Your hubby sounds like a great guy! :thumbup:

Me-I CAN EAT!!!!! YAY!!! (almost too much) I guess I was still swollen from the fill or maybe from the pills irritating me. Or it was also that special time of the month lol. Maybe a combo of all 3 who knows? So no unfill for me :smile:

Thanks Stacie - Please, feel free to use it.

For the ladies (sorry guys, close your eyes). Does anyone else have problems with monthly Water weight gain? 5 - 8 pounds is common for me. What works?

-K

entirely. I will get totally bummed because the weight isn't coming off, my period will start, and bam, 4 lbs. last night. Literally. Yesterday I weighed 262, today, 257.5. I will now, lose a couple, and then piddle around as the gains begin again. Frustrating.

Now, trying for the under 100 to lose. I always have another goal in mind!

Karyn-This happens to me too. I just live with it and it usually all falls away within a week after TOM

Now I am excited I just realized I lost 66# and have 66# to go before I am at my goal. So I am half way their.

Congratulations Bounser!!

That is a great accomplishment!!

Keep up the good work.....You should be at your goal weight by this fall.

Dan

Anyone having any trouble with getting all their Protein in? I thought I was doing well but then my hair started to fall out a lot in the shower and after blowing it dry. so i started acturally counting and it looks like I am way under the 60 grams.

I do a shake some mornings but I can't do one every day. Other mornings i have an egg and some turkey bacon.

I bought some peanuts today and some Protein Bars but I still need more.

Any ideas?

Hi all -

Well, first of all, it's been a while since I have posted on here and checked in with everyone. I realized this morning that 5 months ago today I had my LAP-BAND®® surgery. So, I wanted to post something and see how everyone is doing as they reach their 5 month mark.

As of today:

• I have 8.3 ccs in a 14 cc band and think I have fairly good restriction, but might need a small fill at my next appointment.
  • I have lost 73 lbs. :thumbdown: ( I was hoping for 75, but just missed it!)
  • I still have a little over 100 to go until goal.
  • I feel happier, healthier, and better than I have in years!

Bounser - that is awesome! Congrats

mandze90 - I know I'm not getting enough Protein in either. I try to do my best with the shakes and eating protein.

tbird - you are doing great! It is amazing to think it has already been 5 months!

Protein is easy for me.

I usually have a Greek Yogurt in the morning (12-18g)

I eat a protein pack of cottage cheese and hummus (22g) every day with lunch.< /p>

I eat alot of chicken and turkey chili.

If I haven't gotten at least 60 g in with my other food options I drink a Unjury shake in the evenings ( 20g)

Yesterday my DH hugged me and said, "You're smaller! I can tell." He called me "tiny". I know I'm not tiny yet but it made me feel really good. He said he can definetly notice a difference in my size by hugging me. I'm going to be asking for a lot more hugs...lol

That is really sweet lady. I wish my husband was more like that. He is not negative or anything. It is just that everyone is complimenting me on how good I look. I have not told anyone about my band just that I work out about 4 days a week and have changed my eating habits...all true. My husband seems to just compare me to himself. Instead of saying something about my weight loss, he'll comment something like, I'm losing weight too. Why can't he just be happy for me and let me have my moment. Maybe he's jealous, I don't know. But, we are not in competition. I bought me a new scale and he gets on it everyday and expects me to tell him he looks smaller...yeah right. Anyway, I am just enjoying the compliments of strangers and feeling really good about it. (just had to vent :thumbdown:)

I haven't been on here for a while. I haven't losing wait and was getting very frustrated. My doctor warned me it might take a few months before it all kicked in. I am not a patient woman at all! :thumbdown: Well, I went to my fifth fill appointment and because I lost 9 pounds (the first loss in several months) he didn't give me a fill. That's fine with me! I am happy with 9 pounds down. Now, if only this would happen each month!! :blushing:

It is great to see how everyone is doing. Seems like this is working for most folks here. There are some out there with outstanding results. Maybe I will catch up!

It's so good to see that all of you are doing so well! The compliments are GREAT! I too just use the standard diet and excercise - no one's business the specifics.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Angie